Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
OK, given that the holidays can make some of us feel down, I thought a bit of humor might help. Someone sent me this newspaper clipping:

WHY MEN SHOULDN'T WRITE ADVICE COLUMNS

Dear John:
I hope you can help me. The other day, I set off for work, leaving my husband in the house watching TV. My car stalled, then it broke down about a mile down the road, and I had to walk back to get my husband's help. When I got home, I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with the neighbor's daughter!
I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbors daughter is 19. We have been married for 10 years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted they had been having an affair for the past six months. He won't go to counseling, and I'm afraid I am a wreck and need advice urgently. Can you help?
Sincerely, Sheila.

Dear Sheila:
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check the grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.
I hope this helps.
John.

M
M
<snort>

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
I
I
Don't forget to check the spark plugs for proper sparking, especially early in the morning...

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
G
G
Sounds like a bad Ignition Module to me.
Pull it and you can have it tested for free at almost any parts store.

Last edited by Gack1; 12/22/09 12:29 PM.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
S
S
Phew! Time to count my blessings. At least I know my H would never respond like that if he ever got a job as an advice columnist.

(He hasn't the first clue how to fix a car.)

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
C
I wonder what Click and Clack would say...

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
M
M
Top ten things men know for sure about women:
10)
9)
8)
7)
6)
5)
4)
3)
2)
1) They have breasts.

OK. Not true...

We know other things, too.

We know they can be moody at times...

Like when we're trying to watch the game.

No wonder we always talk about cars. doh2

dance2

I
OP Offline
I
I would have advised her to look for vapor lock, especially if it was an older model car, with a large Mopar engine. They're prone to that behavior.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
C
C
Ima......love your staus.

Chai.......click and clack would probably say about the same thing.

ROTFL

C
C
I actually was listening to a radio talk show where people were calling in for prayer and a woman called in and asked for prayer because she suspected that her H was having an A. The male radio announcer told her that he would pray for her but that she needed to find out what her H was getting from the OW and that she should try to try harder to satisfy him to keep him faithful. OK, I know Plan A is good but for some reason I wanted to reach into the radio and strangle this guy. The woman was obviously in a lot of pain and needed more than to hear that her H is cheating because she isn't doing her job. For those of us who have been through the pain of having a cheating H the first thing that we don't need to hear is that our H are cheating because we are not doing our jobs. Maybe it's just me but his comment made me mad. Probably because my DH XOW told me that if I was doing my job at home my DH wouldn't be sleeping with her. My DH and I had what I thought was an exciting S life during his A, and I thought we were close emotionally as well because we have always talked for hours about so many things. Anyway, I think men think in black and white and we think in colors.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation