Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Hello, all. It has been over a year since I last posted. But, I do still read here almost weekly.

Hmm, where to start. I have been divorced for two years now as of today.

It has been quite the journey. Dork never changes. Still the same pathetic failure as a father. Hasn�t seen DD in 18 months. His excuses are still the same. He can�t afford it. Ya, right. Even after I offered to pay the ferry costs? Sure.

Still shacks up with Ditchpig4; who is an alcoholic, and very ill. I consider that the karma of her actions. I rarely think of her. I do NOT wish her well.

I have been off on disability for the last year. My broken heart is now literally broken. Or at least it was. So, my income has been cut almost in half I applied for my small pension that Dork had promised me he would let me have all to myself. Even though in the court order, he is enititled to half. That would have helped cover my shortfall.

So, with the usual wrangling and ten or 12 emails to get a response, his lawyer told me that he is taking my pension. GRRRR.

For the last 9 or 10 months, I have requested that he increase his child support payments. In Canada, especially in my province, it is law that when you get a salary increase, you must automatically increase child support. He has not done so. In addition, he has refused to give me a detailed financial statement. Which he is also required to do.

I dunno. It is senseless that he is willing to pay a lawyer when it costs him more to use a lawyer than to pay what he owes. And his lawyer, naturally, is almost as shifty as Dork is.

For those of you that don�t know, I represented myself in Supreme Court in the divorce. It was scary but I did a good job and got almost everything I had asked for.

So, I have given him opportunity after opportunity to make right and pay what he owes. I really don�t want to go back to court. But, at the same time, I am annoyed that by his stalling, he isn�t facing any consequences. And I do not like to be taken for a fool

So, after almost 10 months of trying to get things settled, he told me at the beginning of Decemember that he had made arrangements for the support to be substantially raised to cover his salary increases and the pension he is receiving from MY pension. And, that it would start today.

I was a bit leery but had to wait to see. Shock of all shocks, the increase did not come through. GRRR!!!! So back to square one and back to making up my legal papers to go back to court.

On a more positive note: DD is in her last year of high school. She has had a few recruiters from the US check her out for volleyball. She is doing very well. Considering the h*ll she has gone through her entire teen years, she has become a wonderful young woman. In spite of the trauma the Dork has inflicted on her.

She is funny, smart and strong as anything. I am so proud of her.

Personally, I have great friends and family. But I will never ever get involved in another relationship. I would rather be a hermit than go through the pain of the last 6 years. 

So, that is where I am at. Besides spending an inordinate amount of time n Facebook, my life is filled with DD and my family. I have three grandsons now. They are another blessing in my life.

All in all, I am happy. And oh so grateful and thankful for my friends and family.

A Happy new year to you all:)

BS-58/XH48
D final Dec31/07
Long hard road & at peace now
Unrepentant serial cheater living with DP4 for 4yrs
B
B
You need to have more faith in that lovely man ! Its probably just the mail or something delaying the payment. He'll come good you know he will !

[/sarcasm]

Hello dear heart ! smile

MB Alumni
F
OP Offline
F
LMAO! Bob! Yes, I know. That was my first thought as well........... Pesky snail mail
<<<<<< EXTRA sarcasm LOL!

Happy New Year to you, my friend! smile

BS-58/XH48
D final Dec31/07
F
F
Hiya FAA! Nice to know some things never change, LOL. I think you are far too nice calling him a dork.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
OP Offline
F
Hiya FF. What I call him in my head is not Dork. LOL

BS-58/XH48
D final Dec31/07
D
D
I think what you call him in YOUR head is pretty dayum close to what I call him in mine.

Does yours start with an "eff" and end with a "[censored]?"

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
F
OP Offline
F
DANG, Kimmy. You are GOOD! Yuppers. Right on the mark! ..... For a start.But there is a string of epithets that come to mind. hehehe

BS-58/XH48
D final Dec31/07

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 820 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation