Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 96 of 100 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
T
T
Girls are so smart.

Now yer talkin'! clap

tl

N
N
Hey, I've realized it. It comes from my girls are circles, guys are squares theory. I'm not afraid to play my strengths, and utilize my partner's.

D
D
Irish Priest in Texas
An Irish priest was transferred to Texas . Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new Texas mission parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. Much to his surprise he noticed there was a jacka$$ lying dead in the middle of his rectory's front lawn.

He promptly called the local police station, and the conversation went like this: "Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father Patrick O'Malley at St. Ann 'sCatholic Church. There's a jacka$$ lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o'yer lads over to take care of the matter?"

Sergeant Jones, one considering himself to be quite a wit, replied with a smirk, "Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment...
Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye, 'tis certainly true, my lad; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin."

Last edited by Dealan-de; 12/29/09 01:40 PM.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Happy New Year!

I only made it to welcome the new year on CST. The kids stayed up all the way for MST, but then I got up to use the facility in the middle of the night and found Mr. C up at 0215. He tried playing dumb. "Huh? What time is it?"

Can you say 7 o'clock bedtimes on the house???

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Take him out for a brisk trot in the Arctic temperatures, feed him a big supper, and wrap him up warmly. I don't think an early bedtime will be a problem then.

tl

F
F
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Take him out for a brisk trot in the Arctic temperatures, feed him a big supper, and wrap him up warmly. I don't think an early bedtime will be a problem then.
Shortly after checking in to my hotel yesterday I went out for my first sightseeing sojourn. I don't think I'd gotten four blocks from my hotel when I heard some noise behind me and two nude men were running down the street (either modesty or the chilly Reykjavik temperature caused them to use a little modesty, employing a hand where the fig leaf would normally be).

What kind of place have I landed in, I wondered? Fortunately, it's been less "wild" since (although the fireworks at midnight last night were everything I'd been led to believe!).

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Well, Fred, if YOU aren't in a country made-to-order for The Dervish (Neak's youngest son, age 8)! We'll spend the next 10 years trying to keep the existence of the place a secret from him...although if he keeps going out in wind chills of -30 degrees, he will already have frozen off all the protruding parts long before he reaches adulthood. Looks like his ear isn't going to fall off, after all, so I'm not sure he learned anything from his recent frostbite experience. I don't know why he has ears anyway. Goodness knows he doesn't use them for LISTENING!! MrRollieEyes

Sounds like you're having a good time, broadening your horizons blush, and all that stuff. That's good. You've certainly earned a break.

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
frozen off all the protruding parts

faint

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Might be ears, nose, fingers, or toes, you know! Might not, though--this IS the Dervish of whom we speak, after all!rant2

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
It will be a finger next. Cat bite. Not hassling. Hand-feeding. Oops.

Back from Bismarck safely, brain fried very tired. We'll need to go back in 6 weeks for the rest of the procedure for Mr. C's front tooth.

What fun to see ND in winter!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
A long time ago, I had a neighbor from ND. He said "It's a good place to be from, but no one wants be an actual resident NOW.

Is that true?

I got frost bite on one ear when I lived in Alberta, Canada.

Now, 30 years later, you can hardly tell.

Hardly.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
D
D
My mom and dad lived in N. Dakota when she got pg with me.

"Colder than a wooly booger," doesn't even begin to describe it they say(id).

SS - you and your lovely W need to check out The Pioneer Woman Cooks...I think you'll both love it! She also has a website: http://thepioneerwoman.com/

My menu for the next two weeks is almost ALL from the cookbook.

We'll save ya'll a seat.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
We'll save ya'll a seat.

YES! ! ! ! !

I mean.......... Thanks, that's very kind of you. I'll do my best to be on time.

We had a great holiday Kimmy. I gained 7 lbs.
It doesn't bother me at all - I rather enjoyed it. Lost two of it so far, will work on the rest.

We'll check out the recipes.

I would probably be slim and trim if my W was a lousy cook, but she is a great cook.
I'll just try to cope.

We got to go to Phoenix AZ over New Years and see our new Granddaughter. I like babies. We had a good time.

The weather is not too bad here this winter, but it was really nice in Phoenix. Quite a bit nicer than Montana.

When I lived in Alberta, I used to dream of the days when I lived in Hawaii. Not sure why.
Coldest I was personally in was 54 below zero(F)or -47C. I never did quite get used to it. I lived in Alberta 2 years.

One of the things that I noticed was that the school kids didn't try to get by without proper cold weather clothing like they do here. (here some of them where shorts in the winter, in temps below freezing.)
IN Alberta, they dressed for the cold. Hats, gloves, long underwear, scarves, etc.
Of course, if you have any brains at all, and you get frostbite once, you tend to try to avoid it after that.

I was dressed warmly when I got my frostbite, but the 70 mph winds, and -30F temp conspired against me. I didn't make it back inside soon enough.

Ah, the days of plugging in my car every night. I don't miss that.

Happy new year to all of you. And God bless you with success, and a happy heart.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
D
D
I LOVE babies. But you all knew that.

I didn't gain any during the hols, and I've alread lost 2 lbs. thanks to my WiiFit.

>I would probably be slim and trim if my W was a lousy cook, >I'll just try to cope.

You sound like a certain Wookie I know.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
How is the grandbaby doing?

How are the holiday poundages, or do I want to know?

This morning it was sprinkling snow out of a virtually clear sky.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
It's hard to lose weight when your weight keeps finding you!

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You have to hide it better.

Speaking of, I has a Hungry.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Mr Pep and I took a married couple (J & M) to dinner yesterday.
Out treat.
The only restaurant J likes is RED LOBSTER.
So,we went there.
We ate everything [Linked Image from planetsmilies.net] but the flatware, and today, I feel blimpish.

F
F
I went on a carb overload yesterday to compensate for feeling weepy...it really does NOT work cuz then I felt fat! Made up for it by skateboarding on my Wii Fit.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Everything but the flatware? Does that include napkins? Did you count them like surgical sponges?

"Um, Mr. Pep, we need to count again. We are two napkins short. Yes, I'm sure! We may have to open him up."

Hee hee, there was just a huge crash in the kitchen. The stupid cat got up on the counter and accidentally knocked off a kettle, several plates, a bunch of silverware, and a glass bowl. Fortunately, the glass bowl landed in the basket of clean laundry I had set on the floor, but everything else made a terrifying racket. I hope he scared his naughty self half to death.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 96 of 100 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation