Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
((((((GODDESSES)))))))))

I've been thinking a while of re-starting this.

For the newcomers, there was an old thread started when I first got here. It was a thread CELEBRATING the our feminism. It helped me tremendously on my worst days. Dealing with the horrors and terrors of adultery takes a toll on us....

So, TODAY, is the day to get out of bed, do what-ever it takes to help YOU feel your womanly best........

So, lets help each other out.....

my love and best to all of you.....

"GODDESS" not2fun

Last edited by not2fun; 01/04/10 02:18 AM.
N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Rules on being a GODDESS.....

1. Live your life to the fullest

2. To support and help EMPOWER your fellow GODDESSES

3. Head up....Chest out.... lashes

4. All things that make you feel WOMANLY are good!!!!

5. A small dose of chocolate every day.....(ok, this is optional..)

flirt

And remember....

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission..."

kiss

N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
(((((GODDESSES))))),

Good, wonderful yet FREEZING morning!!!!

Have you all started your morning well??.....

I am on my way to the gym. I unfortunately have gained some of my weight back... grumble
not to mention my attendance has been spotty, so I have been making it a priority to get myself back to where I was most comfortable. Not to mention it helps my mood.......

Then I will return home to get my "GODDESSY" best on....

Do you all have your masscara and lip gloss on???.....

Not2fun

S
S
Great idea!

My workouts have been inconsistent the last 2 weeks or so due to the holidays and kids being home... I'm ready to get back on track. I started my w/o this a.m. (I'm a video exerciser) and will finish it up later today. Running to the store today to stock up on healthy food to get myself on track smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
I never go anywhere without mascara, concealer and lipgloss on!

BTW, can I share some drugstore beauty finds? No more Sephora for me after finding these bargains...
mascara ~ Loreal Extend (red tube, handle on each end of the tube) uses "tube technology" no more raccoon eyes!!!

lipgloss ~ Revlon Colorstay, "Bare Maximum" perfect nude color, very natural, stays on all day.

eyebrows ~ Revlon Colorstay Eyebrow Enhancer. Not better than my HG Shu Uemura (sp?) pencil but a very close second and much cheaper! Very natural looking. Try it!

ETA: Skin Care: Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser, best stuff I have ever used. They sell it at Costco and it is so cheap. Burt's Bee's Radiance eye cream and day cream, I got the little sampler at the grocery store after hearing many good things. I love it!

Last edited by SusieQ; 01/04/10 11:59 AM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P
Tiaras at all times

Even imaginary tiaras
lashes

S
S
Yup, okay, got my Tiara...

Anyway I did start WW, I was on it a few months before Dday when I only had to lose like 20 lbs....Okay ready for this...now its up to about 70 lbs...The BS diet only worked for me for about 6 mos. after that food has been my new best friend...I have NEVER been this heavy, I actually have people I havent seen in a few years say, BS what happened to you, dont let WS do that to you.

And I am not gonna let him get to me ANYMORE, I have wallowed enough....Let 2010 be the year for Betrayed Spouses!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
Originally Posted by not2fun
5. A small dose of chocolate every day.....(ok, this is optional..)
What do you mean OPTIONAL???????

N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Soooooooo,

I'm at the gym and 7 min into my eliptical workout when my phone rings. DS had his finger mashed in the door. So, long story short, ended my workout and now we are at the Dr.'s awaiting x-rays. I swear the workout GODS are against me......

It was good to see ya all on here.

Pep, I'll dig my tiara out as soon as I get home...... wink

Susie, thanks for those tips...I'll have to check them out. I LOVE L'Oreal masscara. I for one cannot live without my masscara. It's always been the one thing that brightens my face.....

(((((Tabby)))))..... You cracke up. I didn't want any non-loving chocolate GODDESSES to feel misplaced.......but for YOU it's chocolate every day!!!!....I'll join as long as it's dark....

Well gotta put my nurse/mommy hat back on....... hug

E
E
I love the positivity of this post! I'm putting my tiara on now.

I am kind of opposite, I can't eat when I'm uspet. That may sound nice to some, but it is very unhealthy, not pretty, and I lose all my muscle; curves are pretty.

Anyway, the best workout is swimming. I exercizes more muscles than any other workout and simultaneously. It even exercizes your face muscles, so you look younger.

My beauty tips..Well supplements, lots of vitamins, Grapefruit seed extract (amazing stuff), SAMe (I took it in the summer and was on cloud nine), and find a spa that has a detox foot bath (takes all the toxins and chemicals out of your body and makes you just glow), um and of course yoga/meditation.

And all this applies to the Gods out there too! Get your crowns out too, lol!

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
H went to Iraq 1/7/09-10/5/09
D-Day 10/29/09
Got the D papers 11/21/09 (Our 6th Anniversary)
Not giving up! Still on Plan A
I can only get stronger!
S
S
Not2fun, you only eat chocolate in the dark?

PS...I hope your son is okay.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Thanks for the tips, Expectsamiracle...Yeah it must be tough to get too skinny, I feel so sorry for you.NOT!

Just kiddin, I have a friend like that and I hate her for it...LOL. smile

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

D
D
I can't do very much chocolate - gives me migraines, as does red wine...

Blech.

Burts Bees is the BEST. Try the tomato toner. LOVE IT.

Have lost 2 inches since I began working out on the WiiFit the 29th.

The great thing is, I don't feel like I'm working out...at least until the timer on the hula hoop countdown stops...THEN I feel it!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
E
E
LOL! Yeah well I've been on the other end of the spectrum too; I gained 72 pounds from my pregnancy with my son(and that was 72 lbs after the delivery), so I was well over 200 lbs and I'm a short woman. I thought i'd never lose it, but then came some traumatic events and of course I starved it all off. It was good, but it's not so good to lose weight so fast when you're already at a healthy weight; I'm shriveling away frown. But really I think that too skinny is ugly. I'd rather fall in between. Look at Marilyn Monroe, she was a bigger woman and very beautiful with curves and all.

Anyway, I truly believe that beauty comes from inside. I've met people that at first glance seem so attractive and good looking, but after spending 5 minutes with them, they seem like the ugliest people on earth. I've also met people that didn't seem so attractive and after 5 minutes, they seem like the most attractive person in the world.

It always helps me to feel better when I'm exercizing and caring for myself, but the beauty really comes from the inside. That's why the yoga and meditation are so good, it helps you heal inside and deepen the love for yourself.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
H went to Iraq 1/7/09-10/5/09
D-Day 10/29/09
Got the D papers 11/21/09 (Our 6th Anniversary)
Not giving up! Still on Plan A
I can only get stronger!
Z
Z
Zelmo here. Feeling quite womanly , today. Hear me roar.

S
S
I thought that was you makin all that ruckus, Zelmo. LOL...

And yes ExpectsAmiracle I posted about the beauty within thing on the Affairing down thread...I feel the exact same way as you about beauty...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

T
T
Ha! I do have makeup on! But I'm afraid my shoes do not match my purse.

I am on a 90 change plan. There are physical, spiritual, vocaltional, and marital things involved - I won't go off on a tangent. But It's sort of an improvement/experiment. We'll see what happens smile

Oh, and in some box somewhere in our shed I have tiaras from when I used to be in pageants (yeah, yeah, go ahead and laugh). I'll be glad to share. Even Zelmo can have one, but only if is willing to participate in the evening gown competition.

S
S
You are a true Goddess, Zelmo....Cuz I aint gonna call you a God...Now get outta here with your sarcasm...LOL...Maybe you should start a God thread, Mwahahaha....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
There is an evening gown competition, no one told me that shocked. Now let me go look for my prom dress, I hope I still fit in it...NOT! crybaby

Maybe...Uhhh, Zelmo, do you want to borrow it for the competition...Its a winner...Its from the 80's. You will look perty in it... grin

Last edited by stillhere8126; 01/04/10 01:34 PM. Reason: add a thought

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

T
T
I sold all my gowns a long time ago. It's a pity...the fuschia one with the one big puffy sleeve and the asymetrical waist was a beauty!! I rolled my big hair and put it up in a banana clip and everything! 1989 was a good year.....sigh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation