Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2305508 01/14/10 10:37 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Are political threads allowed?

First two polls appeared tonight showing Brown at a dead heat (Washington Post) and with a 4pt lead (Boston Herald) against Martha Coakley.

Doesn't matter where in the U.S. you live. This race affects YOU!

We need Scott Brown to hold the fort until voters restore sanity in November's midterm elections.

O
OP Offline
O
Election is Tuesday...

P
P
This is what the good guys are up against.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
O
OP Offline
O
We're still hoping that the 'machine' doesn't kick into gear here and mysteriously misplace a lot of votes.

MA hasn't had anything other than Democrat party representation in Washington since 1972.

The time has come.

P
P
Old Ted has been sober for 90 days now.

M
M
God Bless you, Massachusetts! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by Pariah
rotflmao

You are the funniest boy.

P
P
Now there is a new unlimited source of energy in Mass.

Just attatch old dead Ted to a generator and let him spin!

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
God Bless you, Massachusetts! smile

Thank you laugh

Amazing that what DIDN'T elect Scott Brown was:

1. Union thugs
2. Republican party (there is no GOP party in MA anyway)
3. Special interest money or groups

It was a bunch of people who were mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

I hope we sent Washington a HUGE message. If Obama is even 1/8th as politically savvy as Bill Clinton (notice I did not say I was a Clinton fan, though I have fonder thoughts about his presidency that the existing CIC), he will take a page from Bill's book and regroup. Clinton got knocked around badly in the beginning of his presidency when it was clear he'd misread the issues. History is repeating itself except we have a leader and cronies who are so full of themselves with power that they can't see the forest for the trees.

It doesn't matter too much anyway because what was destined to happen in November whether or not Scott Brown got elected, will now happen with a vengeance.

Sanity and balance will be restored.

M
M
Originally Posted by Pariah

[Linked Image from millan.net]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
If you want to see something priceless, on YouTube: Hitler finds out Scott Brown won Massachusetts.

M
M
Originally Posted by OurHouse
If you want to see something priceless, on YouTube: Hitler finds out Scott Brown won Massachusetts.

rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M
THANK YOU, MASSACHUSETTS! smile

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
I posted this on my FB page several days ago. It is wonderful. Thanks for sharing here.

BTW, we will have another "Scott Brown vs Martha Coakley" type election coming up in November when Congressman Bill Delahunt (D) squares off against challenger Joe Malone (R). An incumbent who is backpedaling on his intention to shove health care down our throats (when it was good for HIM but not us), now that Scott Brown was elected.

Joe Malone OTOH, is just a regular guy.

Stay tuned. Maybe there are some more MA miracles come November. Could this state turn Red? I think hell would freeze over first!

M
M
Please keep me posted on that one, too, OH. Many of us down here in Texas gave money and manned the phones for Scott Brown, so you will get lots of support from us.

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
You bet. Though MA has had a Republican Governor more recently than we last had a US Senator (Mitt Romney and gawd, do I miss him...), our latest joke ummm candidate was swept in on the same "change" agenda as his good friend, the President. Rumors are running rampant that he may not even seek re-election. We can only hope---but it's only a rumor now.

Things are already starting to look up. First glimpse that sanity MAY return.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/declassified/archive/2010/01/15/no-ksm-in-nyc.aspx?print=true

And thank you for all the help for Scott Brown. I've never been so involved in a political election as I had in this one. Phone calls, door knocking, sign holding, fundraising, rally attending...you name it. I have to put in another positive plug for Facebook here, as much of the word about him was communicated via social marketing. I had friends from all over the country sending me their prayers and good wishes and their money to Scott Brown's campaign! Wow. How many out-of-state campaigns have I contributed to? None! And I think most would say the same until now.

Last edited by OurHouse; 01/21/10 11:06 AM. Reason: misspelled name
O
OP Offline
O
Can't wait to put on my new bumpersticker:

"Thank me. (Scott Brown logo here...) I'm from Massachusetts"

M
M
Originally Posted by OurHouse
Can't wait to put on my new bumpersticker:

"Thank me. (Scott Brown logo here...) I'm from Massachusetts"

[Linked Image from coplounge.com]

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
And thank YOU and everyone else who supported this race with prayers, thoughts, contributions, etc. Things have *already* started to change...it's unbelievable!

O
OP Offline
O

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation