Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
LINK

watch puke
the puke
video puke
which puke
documents puke
his puke
lies puke

P
OP Offline
P
This man could have been president. rant2

D
D
Why do I expect honorable behavior from a cheat and a liar?! Even with all I know, I still believe that people generally tell the truth even when their history suggests otherwise!

This story makes me sick. Quite frankly, I find myself being sick on a regular basis... it's hard to turn on the television without some mention of low-life behavior... Tiger Woods, David Letterman, John Edwards... They all disgust me! I can't help but feel for those in their lives who have been hurt by their behavior.

My son and I were watching television the other day and something came up about Tiger Woods. He said, "Did he have an affair too?" I told him yes and he said, "Mom, may I call him a cuss word? He's an idiot."

Out of the mouths of babes. Unfortunately, my children know first-hand the devastation of affairs!

BS-me 42yrs
WH-him 50yrs
OW 31yrs and single
married 18yrs
together 21yrs
DD15
DS12
D-Day#1 6/14/2009 DD15 discovered A
WH moves out 6/14/2009
WH asks to reconcile 6/21/2009
WH asks for D 7/18/2009
WH asks to reconcile 9/14/2009
WH sees therapist 9/2009
No active recovery right now
K
K
I'd give him a cookie and an extra scoop of ice cream for that!

THERE is a kid who knows right from wrong!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
K
K
I just don't watch the news anymore...it's too depressing anyway.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

K
K
Originally Posted by Pepperband

Nope - not a chance.

For one thing, he lost 2004 by a wide margin. He was running on pure ego and WH entitlement in 2008.

For another thing: he became a renowned attorney and a charismatic senator as the husband of Elizabeth. But once he lowered his standards to Reille Hunter, his career went down the tank.

Just goes to show: A faithful man can earn honors and recognition. But once he steps onto a path of entitlement and infidelity, the sleazy nature of his cohort rubs off on him and he falls from grace.

Look at the casualties of infidelity in all it's sleazy forms - and wonder - where are they now? What happened to their careers? Their legacy? What "good" did the OW (or in the case of a couple of these guys or boys - OM) bring to her/his man?

Gary Hart
Senator Larry Craig
Governor Sanford
Senator John Ensign
Senator Mark Foley
Representative Gary Condit
President Bill Clinton (only IMPEACHED president ever)
Governor Spitzer
Bob Livingston (congressional candidate from Louisiana)
Senator Bob Packwood
Governor James McGreevey

There are more - I pulled most of these off the top of my head without even doing any internet searches.

John Edwards will NEVER rise to the level of status or respect for the rest of his life. With all the talk about private life and tolerance, there's something so sick and twisted about cheating while renewing vows and wife getting terminal cancer that just moves someone beyond public forgiveness.

Politicians are stupid because they think voters are stupid and in possession of short memories. John Edwards will be very very old before the public forgets.

Ugly man.

T
T
I'll only say this once, and that's all--I promise. I don't want to get the thread locked down, but I can't help but remember the MB posters, when the Enquirer first broke this story, who argued with me (and others) about this being a Republican/EvilKarl Rove dirty trick, and wasn't it JUST like those wascally Wepublicans to make up terrible stories about the poor, innocent Democrat politicians?! Haven't heard much from them today, or lately, for that matter...MrRollieEyes I'm gone now.

tl

J
J
Thndrnitng,

Odd how things like that happen isn't it?

JL

K
K
And this is why I stay out of politics altogether.

People say I have no right to complain because I don't vote.

I take the George Carlin road. I have every right to complain about the mess other voters created that I had nothing to do with. stickout

I still think stoning adulterers would be a good deterrent....oops, we can't do that. We'd wipe out half the country...

P
P
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
I'll only say this once, and that's all--I promise. I don't want to get the thread locked down, but I can't help but remember the MB posters, when the Enquirer first broke this story, who argued with me (and others) about this being a Republican/EvilKarl Rove dirty trick, and wasn't it JUST like those wascally Wepublicans to make up terrible stories about the poor, innocent Democrat politicians?! Haven't heard much from them today, or lately, for that matter...MrRollieEyes I'm gone now.

tl

I think what we can learn from all this is cheating politicians happen on both sides of the aisle.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
S
S
Adultery is an equal opportunity demon. It pays no attention to politics, religion, race, social status or previous moral convictions. It cuts like a sword as soon as we let our guard down. Most people do not believe that. They think it is something that happens to other people. We on MB no longer believe that. That is why we are so sickened by it.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
Z
Z
Ever notice that the politicians that cheat on their spouses are a few standard deviations more oily thant regular politicians?
I mean , look at Edwards. Clinton had this look about him, too. They are "smoothies" , the types of men who give you a greasy, uneasy sort of feeling after dealing with them. There is a smugness about them, a self righteousness. a little twinkle in their eyes. Not sure I can describe it. But, regardless of my political views, I never really liked these guys.

I
I
I think the reason these things become partisan is because of the waywards doing spin control. "Poor me! The Republicans/Democrats are out to get me! If you're loyal to your party, don't believe a word of it!"
I hope john edwards burns in he11 with skanky old rielle right next to him. Elizabeth should have cut that lying scumbag loose a long time ago.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
D
D
>Elizabeth should have cut that lying scumbag loose a long time ago

YOU have no idea what Elizabeth should or should not have done. That choice is entirely hers.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
I agree with you all. What you've posted was more or less my point back then, however poorly it was received at the time--adultery is an equal-opportunity offender, and JE is just another horndog politician who couldn't keep his zipper up. I lack the skill and/or motivation to go back and look that thread up, but it was a feisty one, all right, and JE had some vociferous defenders who labeled the affair story a false smear planted by political enemies out to destroy him. Turns out he was busy destroying himself, party affiliation notwithstanding, and the fact that (as his protectors stated) Republican politicians had also had affairs was neither defense nor excuse. I think blind loyalty of any kind is folly, and that would include politics, too.

tl

Z
Z
He's so adroit at lying and looking sincere. It is scary.
These are the guys that always scared me the most, the ones that you could not identify right away as sociopaths.
When I was doing criminal defense work, I was never really weirded out by the Bikers and gang bangers that I represented. One could look at them and know to stay the hell away from them.
But, I also represented some really scary guys that looked like choir boys or Casper Milktoasts. These guys had done heinous crimes. But, you would gladly open the door for them and let them into your house to make a phone call if their car broke down.
You can just sort of see, if you look, the sociopath peeking out from inside Edwards.

L
L
I agree that politics have nothing to do with whether a politician or anyone else commits adultery or not.

The first time I heard and saw Bill Clinton giving a speech on TV, some devoutly Democratic friends were here. After watching Bill Clinton's facial expressions as he gave the speech, I told my friends that I didn't like him and that he wasn't worth a blankety-blank. They were appalled, because they thought he was wonderful! They asked me how I came to my conclusion. I told them that it was the way he looked around at the audience, with his "God's Gift to Women" smile, the cocking of his eyebrow, and the subtle little twitch or shaking of his head as he looked around. My best friend's serial-cheating ex-husband would look around a crowded room like that (most likely scouting for new prospects). Bill Clinton reminded me of him.

Later, after the truth came out, the husband friend told me that he was sorely disappointed in Clinton and that he was amazed at how I pegged Clinton.

This is going to sound crazy, but I love Agatha Christie's "Miss Marple" series. Miss Marple was able to figure things out about people because, basically, people are all the same as others like them. Times change, but types of people don't. If you meet someone who acts like someone else you know well, you can get a sense of how they will act in certain situations...or something to that effect. I don't remember the exact quote. Anyway, I think that is why I think I pegged Bill Clinton so accurately. Personality-wise, he is very much like my friend's WxH...charming, but totally not trust-worthy, IMHO.

I never paid much attention to John Edwards, other than having a vague opinion that he thought he was just soooo purty, which, in retrospect, I think is another red flag that such a person might be a wayward.

I think John Edwards is just a big puke , himself!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
Originally Posted by Pepperband

One of these days, this kind of dirt is going 2 be revealed about a president in office (and I don't mean Mr C and a stained dress, but a full-on PA and OC being admitted 2 after a string of lies like this, but while the dude or dudette is in office).

In many ways, interesting times. Pukeworthy though they may be.

-ol' 2long

M
M
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy

How soon everyone forgets about poor President, Andrew Johnson who was also "impeached" by the House in 1868 only to be acquitted by the senate by a mere one vote short of the 2/3 required to convict him.

Plus...can you really blame anyone for not believing a thing Karl Rove says? I still find it likely that he WAS lying at the time having no idea if JE was having an affair or not. The rumor was all he cared about...true or not..it's politics.

Mr. W <---never a John Edwards fan anyway

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
F
F
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy

How soon everyone forgets about poor President, Andrew Johnson who was also "impeached" by the House in 1868 only to be acquitted by the senate by a mere one vote short of the 2/3 required to convict him.
To be historically correct, Bill Clinton was the only ELECTED president to be impeached. Andrew Johnson ascended to the presidency upon the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

And yes, they were both IMPEACHED (indicted). They were both also found NOT GUILTY. Although Clinton did have his license to practice law revoked.

Last edited by Fred_in_VA; 01/22/10 12:38 PM. Reason: added historical data

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation