Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 56 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 55 56
W
W
I think waking up alone every morning would make me feel pretty unhappy and empty too.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
S
S
LLL I have been contacted by a longtime member who would like to help you. Her internet is down currently but she asked me to have you email me and I can pass along the message to her. My email is in my profile. Feel free to email me.

P
P
Originally Posted by SIHW
LLL I have been contacted by a longtime member who would like to help you. Her internet is down currently but she asked me to have you email me and I can pass along the message to her. My email is in my profile. Feel free to email me.
If her Internet is down, how can she read your email? rotflmao

S
S
She calls me on the phone or vica versa.....I said I would relay it...not how :p

She also said she is hoping to have it repaired this week when her internet company finally gets to her.

Last edited by SIHW; 01/24/10 11:15 PM.
P
P
Longtime member, myself grin ... I would never , and I mean never, invite a newbie to MB forum take advice from some unidentified person away from the forum.
Especially a newbie who has expressed sensitivity to her situation becoming newsworthy.

L
L
Just out of curiosity...

Who is the longest time member still posting around here?

[/TJ]

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
Originally Posted by SIHW
She calls me on the phone or vica versa.....I said I would relay it...not how :p

Why not just write out the advice here, since it's been relayed to you by phone?
It doesn't really matter who writes it down. Does it?

M
M
Originally Posted by lildoggie
Just out of curiosity...

[/TJ]

Pretty sure that's Dr. Harley, lil! stickout

Mrs. W

P.S. Agree with Pep regarding the off board contact for this member...

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

L
L
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Just out of curiosity...

[/TJ]

Mrs. W

rotflmao I mean other than Himself. Who I just looked for and see has been posting since 17/11/00. Pepperband has been posting since 21/10/00 . Pep wins.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Just out of curiosity...

[/TJ]

Mrs. W

rotflmao I mean other than Himself. Who I just looked for and see has been posting since 17/11/00. Pepperband has been posting since 21/10/00 . Pep wins.

HA! I always knew Pep was special! Pep's friend Susan has a 1969 registration date here! How's that for impressive? She must know Al Gore or sumpin' laugh

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

K
K
I've been kinda upset lately reading the "get rid of the so-and-so threads". In my day (lol, yep, getting old) it was a given that this site was about overcoming the overcomeable (that's my word, I just coined it).

There were hopeless, hopeless cases on here or written about here. Mrs W for instance (lol, sorry Mrs W), Flick, me, Myra (who's first post to me was F*** off), the Wookie, tst, Lousy Golfer, Faithful Follower's H, more and more. What set us all apart was the advice we were given, the willingness to follow that advice, the hope, the optimism. Geez, I was the poster girl for FWW's when I met up with the OM again and MB saved me all over again. MB and it's people.

I remember telling Dealan-De at one of her very lowest points that she would get through this and out the other side. She did. Lil, you never thought you'd be back with Flick and posting such fab pics on Facebook for us all to see.

Like Bette Davis (or was it Paul Newman) said. Old age ain't for sissies. Neither is recovery.

But, my goodness, it's worth it.

P
P
I AM Al Gore stickout

M
M
Just out of curiosity...

[/TJ]

Nerlycrazy is from 1998 or thereabouts.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I AM Al Gore stickout

I always knew he wasn't really who he said he was!MrRollieEyes

tl

D
D
>I met up with the OM again and MB saved me all over again.

Yes, and if you ever pass that boot I kicked you with I DO NOT want it back.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
kiwij, I agree. Now it's some BS's here thats didn't get to punish their WS's enough. So the encourage other's to do want they didn't or couldn't do.

D
D
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Personally, I think you should expose (to the university, to WH's and OW's colleagues, and to common friends). THEN go to a dark, dark Plan B, while you get your legal ducks in a row. Any communications should go through an IM of your choosing (the friend/former BS you talked about earlier might be a good one).

DITTO

I think this is a most excellent Plan.

Last edited by Dealan-de; 01/25/10 10:19 AM.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
L
L
I've been here, under one ID or another, since Seotenber of 1998. I was formerly "Still Kickin'" and "SweetPea".

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
M
Like Lady Clueless, I've been here in one form or another since 1998. But my post count is so low, I think I'm probably disqualified!

Martes

Female 45
Happily married 10 years; 2 sons
Use MB for 'preventative maintenance.'
Z
Z
Originally Posted by karmasrose
That is why you need to examine your picker. Your picker allowed the chemical in your brain to run over your common sense and ignore a plethora of red flags.

You have to train yourself otherwise.

This is very true.

Page 24 of 56 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 301 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation