Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Z
Zelmo Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Originally Posted by PHOEN1X
Originally Posted by AheadOfTheCurve
Yes, doing the dishes CAN count as foreplay.

[Linked Image from sympato.ch][Linked Image from sympato.ch][Linked Image from sympato.ch][Linked Image from sympato.ch][Linked Image from sympato.ch]

I LOVE it!
-=Phoenix=-

Especially with a vibrator between your legs. (just guessing, of course)

T
T
Originally Posted by Zelmo
I understand TB. It is a form of detachment, one recommended by many "experts" in dealing with the disordered. It is the first step in reclaiming power.
Havyou read anything by Richard Skerrit? he has some good book on this and his take on detachment such as this is interesting.
essentially, he agrees that it is a good first step. But, he takes issue with programs like al-anon which advocate it as an indefintie lifestyle.
See, our spouse is our main source of emotional intimac, actually the exclusive source if you want to abide by the vows. Detaching deprives a spouse of access to this much needed intimacy. One starves after a while. It is not a good longterm way to live. ou want to be a part of a team if you are in a marriage, not someone that has to independently implement the correct values. You want spousal support in this area.
Don't do this forever. You will shrivel up.

Hey Z,

Some excellent points. Yes, emotional intimacy can be so important, and can be such a powerful force in our lives. And I have not experienced it in quite a long time. I have noticed it at times during "D-card" discussions, where we've shared inner thoughts and feelings, but those tend to be draining and never lead to more meaningful, and positive sharing.....

And Z, I'll be honest. I'm starving. I'm rebuilding myself and frankly, I'm getting ready to pull the oars out myself, and just see where that current takes me. A healthy, mutually beneficial relationship is a great thing. A real gift. I have to admit, that would be kinda nice to have at some point.

I will get to the point, in the not too distant future, where the confidence and self-esteem will be at a level where I WILL want to continue life's journey without 'Skattorney'.

I'm teetering right now. And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure which way I want to fall........

Thanks,
TB

Z
Zelmo Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
BTDT, TB. Contrary to many common stereotypes, I found that it was me, and not the "fairer sex" in my relationships that was more in need of emotional intimacy. Much like the sterotyped males who folks claim care only about "da bears" or NASCAR, my XWW's had no capacity for emotional intimacy. Just substitute gossiping and shopping, for "da bears" etc. and you have them.
Once out, I took some time off and then began dating. For the first time in my life,sad to say, I put very little empahsis on physical beauty. I met a really nice, warm, kind woman and had the best expierience of my life with her. It was unbelievable, once I started to trust her and stopped waiting for her to go crazy and get angry as my XW's had done for so long. It is a really nice feeling to be with someone like that.

Last edited by Zelmo; 01/26/10 04:01 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation