Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2312747 01/27/10 12:02 PM
C
Crazies Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I recently went to my spouses office while she was out of town and filled her mini fridge with healthy treats. She has been so busy lately it has been donuts on the go. She loved opening her fridge to find fruits, yogurt, vitamin water and of course a nice note. Sometimes just the nurturing is a great way to share affection.

C
C
Although my love language is opposite of my spouse's, she hate's cleaning house & I seem to burn right thru it, and clean quickly (but thoroughly).

So, what I do from time to time apart from flowers is to clean the house from top to bottom before she comes home.

We both love it and she not only appreciates it, but it takes pressure off her to have to deal with something that's not her strength.

R
R
�How to Show The One You Love That You Care Without It Being A Special Occasion�

Things You'll Need:
Sincere Love
A little imagination
Cards
Pen
Paper
An open heart

Step 1
HAVE AN OPEN HEART TOWARD THE ONE YOU LOVE:

Here is the step that means you have to act unselfishly. It is not about you all the time. Today it is about the one you love. You want them to know you care without it being a special occasion. Open your heart. Get ready to say and do things that may be a little out of your comfort zone. Get ready to show them that you care and mean those words "I love you".

1. Step 2
CARDS AND SWEET WORDS ARE NOT JUST FOR A SPECIAL CALENDAR OCCASION:

When I'm in the store I am quick to run to the card section. Am I just looking for a birthday card or a special occasion card? Nope! Most of the time I am looking for a 'just because' card. The card which says what the one I love is to me on a daily basis. It reaffirms, for them, who they are in my life. Come on, even words on a sheet of paper can mean so very much.
You know how your mate is and what will make them smile or blush. Rather it's a sweet sentiment or a love tap with words or a slight joke that only you and them know the meaning of. Be creative. Rather long or straight to the point, SAY SOMETHING!

***edit*****

Last edited by JustUss; 07/17/10 08:26 AM. Reason: no advertising
J
J
i keep saying and keep finding her heart in a different place every few months,

her words and our brief discussions about future plans dont go far like trips,

notes she throws away, flowers seems to help i guess

but shes the bread winner, and im the mamma / daady, cook , clean etc,..

im already seen as a chump. im really struggling.

J
J
and yes i open doors. talk to doctors for her, make and return calls for her , order her meds. make dinner all the time.

i wish i could chalk it up to depression sux, but i know we need more, like letting go of her or our pasts, and forgiving or comprimising, but she will not stay stable when we discuss or even come close to said topics,

im very clear now i become very ill when she gets mad at me and says shes so mad sometimes she wants to throw it all out door,

i get dizzy , chest hurts, cant breathe and VERY light headed , last episode i almost passed out in front of her and the kids while pacing back and forth,

i feel like im gonna have heart issue.

and her a stroke or shell kill herself after stopping her meds.

yippe

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,365 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation