Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 199 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 198 199
P
P
Originally Posted by Neak
"Once upon a time you said you loved me.
We can still live happily ever after."

ooooooooooooooh ! hurray

C
C
WPCS-- What peppers Cat said

P
P
Originally Posted by SortedSomeOut
WPCS-- What peppers Cat said

Simba is Abyssinian. Egyptian Royalty. He is wise beyond his 12 years. grin

S
OP Offline
S
OKAY, I KNOW I CAN HANDLE THIS.

As far as WH having not used the IMs, I have since found out that he was trying too. He was emailing them, they gave me their password and I looked at the emails. Nothing too bad so I wasn't that affected by it. But he had been emailing them since Jan5th. There were 5 emails about wanting the computer and about having the kids on overnights. He was a little angry in them about having to make multiple trips and wasting gas. Like my one RL friend said, "He could move back to the city and then he wouldn't have to worry about so much gas money." I like my friends.

As far as the financial sitch, I know that OW will be asking for the money soon. I even told WH about that before I knew they were having an A, when I thought he was just leaving "to think". I told him that his idea for the finances were nice but that when he found himself a new GF, that she wouldn't be happy about it. He said that his finances were his business. He did start searching work from home opportunities before he left. Also DS9 said that WH is selling his Star Wars toys on the computer. DS9 only mentioned it because he wanted to play with the toys.

I will spray a bit of perfume on the sleeve of the CD, and then my sister's BF can re-wrap it for me. He has the wrap because he buys and sells stuff on ebay.

I have some important mail that is his too. What do you think to me handing him the mail and "package" at the same time? Maybe even in a bag. Just throwing it out there. I think if I give him a "gift" he may not take it. If it was with other things, he may just bring it back when he dropped off the kids and leave it on the porch.

I have no expectations, I am just preparing myself emotionally. Best case scenario, he takes it and I don't hear about it. Medium case, he doesn't take it. Worst case, he brings it back. Even if he never looks at it, I would never know, so it wouldn't affect me.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
What do you think to me handing him the mail and "package" at the same time?

If it works for you, it works for me.
I don't see a downside.

Trust me, if he brings the gift back, it will be at OW's "request" .... AKA demand. grin

Reference ---> Angst in Adultery-Land 101, page 206.

M
M
Scotty...FYI, I TMed with a good friend (long-ago poster) from here whose WH married the OW, I believe a little over a year ago.

She has been hearing from their DDs that all is NOT well in affair-land...that OW cries all the time and WH is a yelling, grumpy man, very unlike how he was when they were married.

I am telling you this so that you will believe that all is not always good in A-land. It's usually pretty sucky. smile

I hope this helps you sleep better tonight...I know I was happy to hear this. Karma is a b*tch, baby!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
N
N
Oh, oh, does her RL name end with E? Do I know her?

Even if I don't know her, I still know her, yanno?

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
Oh, oh, does her RL name end with E? Do I know her?

Even if I don't know her, I still know her, yanno?

Yes and yes. smile

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

N
N
Wooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one A that's long overdue for...a lot of things.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Scotty...FYI, I TMed with a good friend (long-ago poster) from here whose WH married the OW, I believe a little over a year ago.

She has been hearing from their DDs that all is NOT well in affair-land...that OW cries all the time and WH is a yelling, grumpy man, very unlike how he was when they were married.

I am telling you this so that you will believe that all is not always good in A-land. It's usually pretty sucky. smile

I hope this helps you sleep better tonight...I know I was happy to hear this. Karma is a b*tch, baby!

Don't worry I am WELL AWARE. Actually my Mom was at my house today, she asked me, half-joking, if I had her bed ready? We only have a two bedroom house so I said she could crash on the couch and we both laffed. Then she asked me where I was going to put the Wardrobe that my great aunt gave her that I have always liked and I would get when she passed. I told her and then she said I should make room because it was going to be coming over soon. Not that she is thinking about dying, it is because she is seriously thinking about leaving POSOM. She came to my house today and he TOLD her what time she HAD to leave and he called her 5 times(she was only here for 4 hours).

She is feeling it BIG TIME. She is not sure about going back to my dad though, but she did make one final joke as she was leaving. POSOM was outside IMPATIENTLY waiting for her to come out, when he called again, I DIDN'T answer the phone, I have no use for him, and the answering machine picked up. She said to the machine "What are you going to do? Leave? I Know where I can walk and it's CLOSE." My Dad lives 12 blocks away from me. I laffed. She said" WHAT" and I said "You're hilarious."

I see the cracks but my Mom and Dad want to do this their way. I help where I can.

Then there's my SIL. She is MISERABLE in her A with POSOM. Although her BH has moved on(but he won't file), she talks to him all of the time. They have a SICK SICK SICK relationship. But she is my WHs sister and she told me that WH will never come back to me and that he will be happy like she is. Believe me my lip was BLEEDING from biting it so hard.

My BIL moved all the way to Vancouver to be with his POSOW and within 6 months, he was home. Their D was final and my sister is a lot happier but her XH told her that if she didn't have a BF he would have tried.

I know that there is not always roses and butterflies in affairland, I just didn't think POSOW was stupid enough to do it this soon.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Wooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one A that's long overdue for...a lot of things.

I agree and I was happy to hear this from her. Her WH and OW deserve every cr*ppy, miserable moment they have together.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

N
N
I have such a warm fuzzy right now! Our friend already moved on to the happiness she so richly deserves, doing well even as a single mom. I've been wondering what took the whole thing so long to implode, and even though it hasn't yet, a Wayward Codger and Waterpot Wistress bring the beginnings of justice to each other. Wonder how long till one of them cheats?

Scottie, as to your mom's OM, I just want to toss this out there for you to think about - maybe the next time he calls for any reason tell him to stop calling your home, as it's an adultery-free zone.

Besides the obvious benefit of upholding what IMO is a very good boundary, and has the side bonus of putting even more pressure on an A.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Okay I am about to head off to bed and I work tomorrow. I do have a question though. I am going to use Neak's suggested "Once upon a time you said you loved me, we can still live happily ever after." Now is this what I say to him when I give him the "package" or is this what I write in the CD? or both?

As we get closer to the date, I will be rehearsing it in my head. I will think of all of the reactions so I will be ready emotionally. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS. I just like to get myself prepared, you should see what I have to do to order a PIZZA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
T
Did Neak really put a comma between those two phrases? If she did, I'm revoking her author's license! naughty You need either a period or a semi-colon. If you use a comma, it means he said both phrases, when in reality, the second one is coming from you and is certainly nothing he'd be saying to you right now, at any rate! Well, must go. I have some other nit to pick before bedtime!rotflmao

tl

L
L
Glad to see I'm not the only nit-picker in the world! rotflmao

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
K
K
I'm glad to see I am not the only nitpicker around!

I will take a newspaper, or a paper someone wrote and fix the grammatical errors, parallelism, comma usage and colon usage as well as poorly written run-on sentences.

Sometimes I hate myself but I won't ignore the nitpicker. It gives me something to do.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
I'm a-scared to write anything now that I know my 8th grade english teacher reads this thread.

C
C
Talking about fairytale-affairland.

When my wife left for another man after 19 years of marriage it was at a time where I was recooperating from an accident and out of work. Now mind you she had been hiding a drug addiction for two years and her "dark-side" had been influencing her force for quite a while. I had allways had to deal with some childish behavior and some selfishness before but in the last two years she had gotten pretty bad. I was very weak and beaten down and the only thing I could be sure of I had was my family and that we would pull through as allways.

My daughter, who was 18 at the time, doted on my wife, she was her best freind and an awesome Mom in the past. (oops allmost a run-on). DD still is mourning her Mom and fighting depression from the loss. ..Well She knew Mom was screwing up and being childish, leaving Dad to be with some guy she was spinning some BS about abuse and so on. The family went homeless, DS 16 went to live with freinds, DS 14 lived with DD 18, and I ended up on the streets.
Mom was living with her cuckold who owned his own house, had a classic Harley, a Vette and a great job. He also took her on vacations in the keys and offered the kids to move in with them, which the two boys tryed but despised what their mom had become. The boys would rather live with me wherever I was and DD supported herself just fine.

One day Cuckold and WW invited my daughter and her BF at the time over for dinner. WW was telling DD how they were going to buy a house and how cute it was gonna be blah blah and when wife was done talking DD said " Thats very nice Mom but I will never be visiting you there"
WW was flabbergasted of course, Didn't DD see that everything she was doing was for her?

Waywards will do anything to win a battle but lose the war. After my WW came home and was in treatment DD and DSs put her mistakes behind them and we were close again and the Kids are still shining examples of living in the truth about love. We all miss the Mom we knew lived inside the alien that took over her. Sometimes thats just all you have.
But its the truth we hold onto while we wait for the lightbulb to go off in our loved ones heads and its a test of faith. Faith that God can work in ppls lives where we can't and that all we can do is stand for what he says love is.

One thing my Pastor used to say is. "People will so often sacrifice the permenant on the alter of the immediate"

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Did Neak really put a comma between those two phrases? If she did, I'm revoking her author's license! naughty You need either a period or a semi-colon. If you use a comma, it means he said both phrases, when in reality, the second one is coming from you and is certainly nothing he'd be saying to you right now, at any rate! Well, must go. I have some other nit to pick before bedtime!rotflmao

tl

SORRY NEAK

She can still retain her author's license. I was the one who put the comma in there. She had a period. I get LAZY with punctuation when it isn't "official". My HS English teacher would be VERY angry with me right now. He wrote to the editors of newspapers all of the time about their mistakes in their papers.

I will REMOVE the comma.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
You guys are lucky that I changed my writing style for you or you would have some real difficulties reading what I write.

ths's the way tht i usu wrt whn i m wrtng 2 ppl on cht n txt......ther is a lot of probs wth it n u guys would h8 it.....

I post here and then I re-read what I write. If I made a HUGE mistake, I change it. Otherwise, take what you get

stickout

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 59 of 199 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation