Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
P
Originally Posted by Derrah
[quote=Pepperband]It's the FEAR .... by Star*Fish

Thank you. I really needed to read this. It is spot on!!! I'm going to print it out and place it where I read this every day.

You're welcome. This is my favorite part ....

MB is not designed to trap you in a marriage where your feelings are crushed and disrespected or the vows of marriage are meaningless. It's designed to help you overcome fear and give you hope that marriages CAN recover from infidelity....but you must be brave and be willing to risk losing your WS in order to regain trust, fidelity, security.

D
Derrah Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
You find an IM (InterMediary) to pass all info regarding kids and finances (and that is IT) back and forth between you and WH.

You have no conctact with him WHATSOEVER. That is the whole point of Plan B.

Do you have a friend who might be willing to pass this info back and forth? When I was in PB our IM passed info strictly via email and text messages. I think there may have been 1 or 2 phone calls due to emergencies but mostly she stuck to email and TMing us about things.

Can you help me understand how an IM works? I can't think of anyone right off. My WH has cut off relationship with all of his family and mine, most of our couple friends are gone, I have friends who might be willing to do this, but they are not "his" friends too. Of his two closest friends - one is the OW's best friend (and had been close friends with me for 20 years) and the other is also still in contact with OW (she is on his Facebook page). Thoughts?

BS-me 42yrs
WH-him 50yrs
OW 31yrs and single
married 18yrs
together 21yrs
DD15
DS12
D-Day#1 6/14/2009 DD15 discovered A
WH moves out 6/14/2009
WH asks to reconcile 6/21/2009
WH asks for D 7/18/2009
WH asks to reconcile 9/14/2009
WH sees therapist 9/2009
No active recovery right now
D
Derrah Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Also, want to re-ask this question.

What do I tell my children about going NC. What do you think of telling them something like... "In September, Dad said he was sorry and he was willing to work on the marriage. He was willing to get help for his alcohol problem and he was willing to get rid of the OW. He is no longer willing to work on the marriage, he has stopped getting help for his alcohol problem, and he is still talking to the OW. Because of this, I will no longer see Dad or talk to him until he is willing to do the steps I have asked him to. I will continue to text/email Dad so that DS12 can see him."

BS-me 42yrs
WH-him 50yrs
OW 31yrs and single
married 18yrs
together 21yrs
DD15
DS12
D-Day#1 6/14/2009 DD15 discovered A
WH moves out 6/14/2009
WH asks to reconcile 6/21/2009
WH asks for D 7/18/2009
WH asks to reconcile 9/14/2009
WH sees therapist 9/2009
No active recovery right now
T
T
Originally Posted by Derrah
Also, want to re-ask this question.

What do I tell my children about going NC. What do you think of telling them something like... "In September, Dad said he was sorry and he was willing to work on the marriage. He was willing to get help for his alcohol problem and he was willing to get rid of the OW. He is no longer willing to work on the marriage, he has stopped getting help for his alcohol problem, and he is still talking to the OW. Because of thisBecause I love your Dad, this causes me unbearable pain. Thus, I will no longer see Dad or talk to him until he is willing to do the steps I have asked him to. I will continue to text/email Dad so that DS12 can see him."

Make your Plan B letter short and then edit half of it out. It is a love letter:
I love you
Your actions cause me undue pain
I am severing connections to protect what love I have left
YOU CAN COME HOME BY DOING XYZ

You can put in a short paragraph about WH being able to visit DS 12 on Wednesdays and every weekend where the Saturday is an odd number, or whatever you guys have been doing thus far. ANY changes to the pre-arranged schedule must go through the IM.

Last edited by turtlehead; 02/12/10 01:47 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation