Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 57 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 56 57
Z
Z
Go for the knees or other vulnerable areas below the waist. If you have a nice low center of gravity, you might try some single or double leg takedowns. Then, you can mount and do some ground and pound. Or, submission holds. Try for a bare naked choke or arm bar. Maybe a Kamora, Karma.

C
C
Well Karma, if your at a Bar or somewhere that men consume alcohol you will prob be approached by those guys who are a litle too drunk, too pushy or both.

When I was a regular in my home town we all knew those kinds and one in a while me or another guy might offer an arm to hold onto if we saw "ol Sammy" haunting some pretty little thing.

But it was not to be their hero for the evening, at least in my case and I let it be known right up front. If I had to.

My suggestion is to stay away from places that cater to those guys and to NEVER go anywhere alone at night. bring a freind girl or whatever so you wont get cornered

K
K
Remind me to not get in a fight with you, Zelmo. rotflmao

I try to do that already. I'm not saying feeling safe around a guy would be my only criteria for a relationship, I'm simply saying it's a thing I consider pretty important.

Note to self, find out what sensei Zelmo studied under..

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Go for the knees or other vulnerable areas below the waist. If you have a nice low center of gravity, you might try some single or double leg takedowns. Then, you can mount and do some ground and pound. Or, submission holds. Try for a bare naked choke or arm bar. Maybe a Kamora, Karma.

or you can go all Luci Lee on em too rotflmao

Z
Z
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Remind me to not get in a fight with you, Zelmo. rotflmao

I try to do that already. I'm not saying feeling safe around a guy would be my only criteria for a relationship, I'm simply saying it's a thing I consider pretty important.

Note to self, find out what sensei Zelmo studied under..

Let's just say that Brock Lesner would be no problem for me. Okay, back to my bong.

C
C
LOL in the back of my mind, when a women would approach me with...
" I wonder if you would pretend to be my BF cuz there is this guy who keeps bothering me.."
I would be saying to myself.."You just blew any chance of us having a relationship dear andalso my chance of having a good night"
Then I would be nice as I could be but seriuosly, any Gal who would be trying to start a relationship with me would stand little chance of it going very far.
First..She must be stupid to get in that position to begin with.

Second..What happened to the Bartender and bouncers? ( I allways pointed them out first as that was there job). In other words, how dumb do i look?

So I would play along till they were gone and they went away or tell them I was wounded in the groin area in Nam or whatever i could do to shoo them away.

Silly peeps

T
T
Just remember, Karma, ala Miss Congeniality, with Sandra Bullock--you need to S.I.N.G. (solar plexus, instep, nose, groin)clap

tl

F
OP Offline
F
I don't know what got into me. Maybe it was being at the mall today (first time in ages!) after being snowed in and watching all the Valentine's Day shoppers. Whatever it was, I got home and found myself on the computer looking at eCards. I found one that didn't say "I love you," but did say something about "apart by miles" and "in my heart" and sent it off to be delivered to The Leopard's email address tomorrow.

What was I thinking? On reflection, I guess I wanted to evoke some sort of emotional memory within her when she received it. Why? I don't know.

Thankfully, I set it up to be delivered tomorrow. I clicked on the confirmation link I was sent and have deleted the eCard before it was sent.

That could have been a *major* Plan B break --on my part-- and I can't see any good logical reason to do that.

I'm a long way from being recovered, yet.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
A
A
yeh, recovery is a long road. I know Fred. YOu post a lot here, and you refer to the lepard all the time...and that really shows that you still think of her a lot. It's ok...I am in the same boat. still in love.

blessing

atena
catperson #2323385 02/13/10 09:47 PM
R
R
And

Valentine's Day is a powerful idea.

We SO badly want to say "Be mine" to the one we have loved and this year, heck, we REALLY, TRULY mean it like NEVER before!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day all MBers (whichever plan you may be in!)

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by atena
yeh, recovery is a long road. I know Fred. YOu post a lot here, and you refer to the lepard all the time...and that really shows that you still think of her a lot. It's ok...I am in the same boat. still in love.
Atena, I'm in love with the fantasy that was my wife.

I am used to sharing my experience, strength and hope with people in the rooms of A.A. I do the same thing here. If my example with The Leopard can be used to demonstrate a principle, it's what I use.

St. Francis of Assissi
F
OP Offline
F
Two short, boring updates. No, I'm not just trying to keep my thread at the top of the list. How dare you suggest that! grin

A few weeks ago I made an appointment with a new doctor, having been disappointed with my primary care physician the last few times I've had to go. Today was the day.

No complaints, just a routine check-up (incidentally, I like this doctor!). Believing that it's absolutely imperative to be honest and transparent with one's doctor, I told him of my current sitch. Other than him reporting that I'm in fantastic health, and that I'm "handling this well," he gave me a bit of validation by telling me based on what I'd told him, he thought my wife might have a personality disorder!

He also gave me a prescription for generic Ambien (Zolpidem) and told me to take one every night for the next 30 days unless I had negative side-effects. He overcame my reluctance to taking any controlled substance by saying that lack of sleep isn't helping my mental health, which could also jeopardize my job. So it's only for 30 days, so I had the prescription filled.

The other update is that I got a call from the Jeep dealership. The Leopard has finally decided to get the needed service work done and they called to get my approval. Apparently there are a number of leaks in addition to the scheduled work, so it's going to run me about $1,400. I confirmed with them that this is not due to her abusing the vehicle, so I agreed to pay. Well, since I'm getting the vehicle back in a month and a half, it's pay now of pay later, so I'm not upset.

They will have to keep the Jeep for a day or two, so I'm guessing she's going to have OM chauffeur her around for a bit. She'll probably use his car while he's working (she had his keys in the Jeep during the time he was in the hospital, so he's fine with letting her use it).

I am feeling more and more a great sense of relief. I have survived this ordeal largely intact. I am a very lucky man!

St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Ambien can cause (among other things) visual disturbances. I knew what they were when they happened, so I just enjoyed the dancing wallpaper flowers and seeing the bed "breathe".rotflmao In all the years of giving them to patients at the hospital, I never had a patient with that reaction, but have read plenty on the internet, including the guy who took a warm bath and watched his arms and legs turn into snakes and try to strangle him. Most people just get a good night's sleep. If you have 10mg tabs you could try breaking one in half, and taking the 2nd 1/2 in an hr. or so if you didn't fall asleep. Or you can just live on the edge and take the whole thing at once. Then close your eyes and go to sleep...it's only if you sit up too long, once the medicine starts to work, that you might start seeing funny stuff.

tl

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Ambien can cause (among other things) visual disturbances. I knew what they were when they happened, so I just enjoyed the dancing wallpaper flowers and seeing the bed "breathe".rotflmao In all the years of giving them to patients at the hospital, I never had a patient with that reaction, but have read plenty on the internet, including the guy who took a warm bath and watched his arms and legs turn into snakes and try to strangle him. Most people just get a good night's sleep. If you have 10mg tabs you could try breaking one in half, and taking the 2nd 1/2 in an hr. or so if you didn't fall asleep. Or you can just live on the edge and take the whole thing at once. Then close your eyes and go to sleep...it's only if you sit up too long, once the medicine starts to work, that you might start seeing funny stuff.
I've heard of people "sleep eating" and --my worst fear-- "sleep shopping" (online) while under the influence of Ambien.

I told the doc I was an alcoholic in A.A. and was very reluctant to take -any- medications. "I can see that," he told me, looking at my chart. Nonetheless, he convinced me that I needed to start getting a good night's sleep.

Actually, I no longer have problems falling asleep. It's waking up at 4:30 a.m. (anyone check the time on some of my early posts?) and not being able to go back to sleep again that gets me.

I usually go to sleep around 11:45 - midnight, after watching the news. Last night I actually turned off the light around 10:30pm. I still awoke at 4:30, but managed to stay in bed until 5:30am. Hey, it's a holiday today...

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
I like diphenhydramine. 25-50 mg.
It's not at all addictive.
It's generic Benadryl.

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I like diphenhydramine. 25-50 mg.
It's not at all addictive.
It's generic Benadryl.
I have some.

Both as a stand-alone, and as part of Ibuprofen PM.

Don't do a thing for me.

(Maybe not addictive, but I've heard one can even become dependent on diphenhydramine as a needed "sleep aid." I want to avoid -any- such dependency, Ambien or otherwise).

St. Francis of Assissi
N
N
Hey Fred

Check into cherries! Cherry Juice concentrate

There are two types-Bing and I cant rememner the other type. The other type are a natural for sleep when used on a regular basis

GOOGLe it.

Nesre

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
N
N

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by nesre
Thank you, Nesre. I l_o_v_e cherries!

I purchased melatonin from GNC and it was even less effective than diphenhydramine. But I don't need a reason to eat cherries!

smile

Last edited by Fred_in_VA; 02/15/10 06:28 PM. Reason: nonprintable characters

St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
I hope you're not thinking of eating actual cherries to make yourself fall asleep. By the time you ate enough of those delightful little taste treats to actually make you sleepy, you would also have eaten enough to produce a, hmmmmmmmmm, 2ndary effect that will probably guarantee that you DON'T sleep! mr eek

tl

Page 45 of 57 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation