Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2325142 02/17/10 03:41 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Tiger Woods is scheduled to give a "statement" at a press conference he's announced for Friday at 11:00 a.m. ET.

No doubt he will issue the obligatory apologies and then suggest everything be put behind him, as he's now cured and wants to on with the business of playing golf.

The advertisers and sponsors are apparently already lining up for their $hare of the take.

I plan on being anywhere BUT near a TV or radio at that time.

Tiger can take a long walk off a short pier, as far as I'm concerned.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Cured of what? Syphillis?

P
P

I pray for his true humility.

The Prodigal Son - one of my favorite parables.
Today is Ash Wednesday.
I am mindful of my own sins.

I
I
What's the over/under on when he finds his newest ball-washer?

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by imanotherone
What's the over/under on when he finds his newest ball-washer?
Zelmo, is that you?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
W
W
Cured of what? Syphillis?

rotflmao

FBW(me)- 45
FWH- 53
D-day 4/29/08
Moving forward pursuing happiness & a loving Marriage with DH.
M
M
I think he's doing all this damage control for the same reason he married Elin in the first place - because he thinks it'll be good for his career. I don't think Tiger does anything, ever, that's not 100% for Tiger.

I'll bet that underneath he's mad as hell that he's being "forced" to do all this and honestly cannot understand what anyone is upset about, including his wife. Money is enough for him, because he can buy anything he wants. Why isn't it enough for her, too? What on earth could anyone want that money can't buy??

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
C
C
Like most waywards, now that he knows how he got caught he will just move farther underground.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
M
M
The local news asked a question last night concerning Tiger and his imminent press conference. The question was "What do you want to hear Tiger say?"

The number 1 answer, by a substantial margin, in the open ended question poll was...

NOTHING!

Most people pretty much don't care what he has to say, it seems.

P
P
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Like most waywards, now that he knows how he got caught he will just move farther underground.

Unlike most waywards, he placed himself in a well respected treatment center for sex addiction, for 6 weeks.

S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Unlike most waywards, he placed himself in a well respected treatment center for sex addiction, for 6 weeks.
I wonder what the treatment consists of.

Electrodes?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Electrodes?
smile

M
M
I fully expect him to say only the bare minimum that he thinks will get everyone to shut up and get off his back. Of course, that won't work, and so he'll get even madder and start looking for someone to blame.

That will probably be Elin. It's clear that he saw her only as another employee to help the Tiger Woods Moneymaking Machine. This only came to light when SHE finally had enough, so I would expect he'll blame her. I think he would have filed for divorce already except that it would have made him look even worse.

Tiger cares about no one but himself, and probably never will. I think that tomorrow we will see nothing but a pathetic display from an active cheater who honestly believes nobody matters as much as he does and can't see any reason why they should.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
B
B
I hope he sees just how badly he messed up but I'm not holding my breath. He probably learned a thing or two of what NOT to do from Mark Sanford. I wonder if OW Jaime Grubby is going to go with round #3000 of mouth flapping afterwards. MrRollieEyes

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I wonder what the treatment consists of.

Electrodes?

tweezers

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
G
G
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Tiger Woods is "Cured"
Riiiiggghhhtttt

And I'm BATMAN!

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
P
P
Originally Posted by Gack1
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Tiger Woods is "Cured"
Riiiiggghhhtttt

And I'm BATMAN!

I think it is a lot like AA.
Not a cure.
Just keep on "showing up".
Life long attending meetings.
Learning how to think differently.
Learning how to deal with uncomfortable emotions, such as anxiety.
A true narcissist would never stay 6 weeks in a treatment program where he was obliged to make daily confessions. (without a court order)

Last edited by Pepperband; 02/18/10 02:00 PM. Reason: add a thought
P
P
Originally Posted by black_raven
tweezers
smile

M
M
A true narcissist would never stay 6 weeks in a treatment program where he was obliged to make daily confessions. (without a court order)

Well, he might stay if there were literally millions of dollars in endorsements at stake, especially if he is already a master at telling people whatever they want to hear so they'll give him what he wants. Which in this case is the freedom to go back to golf and money and money and money and more money.

Six weeks of telling people what they want to hear would be a small price to pay for all that. Just sayin'.

Mulan>cynical

Me, BW
B
B
It is a good thing for Tiger that Mulan does not live in Florida when Tiger shows his face on Friday. laugh

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation