Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2324769 02/16/10 09:54 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Learned this from 2long. Anyway when there is a crescent moon, but you can can still see the rest of the moon (like tonight), it is called earth shine. There is some complicated, scientific reason, but it sure looks nice. Just sayin........

A
A
Hey, I saw that last night too! Even from way up North here. It was impressive. The old hound dog and I were out for walk in the fields. Funny you should mention it. I wondered while I was looking at it if anyone else besides me and the dog thought it sort of romantic.

Anyway, at that time of evening and from the West coast that much shine means a lot of reflective clouds cover much of the Pacific. Or it means no clouds at all over the Pacific. Err�one or tuther. I think it's clouds.

But whatever, it was good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetshine

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
B
OP Offline
B
Oddly enough, I was walking my dog too. And it was rather romantic, just the dog and I.

And Leonardo Da Vinci explained it in the 1500's? Sure makes me feel dumb - I never even noticed it until a year or two ago. Makes me wonder.........

A
A
Look Up!

When not in danger of tripping.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
B
OP Offline
B
Aph -

My dad had a PHD in physics from MIT, and then went into astronomy, so I have no excuse. I still remember seeing Sputnik I. Was exposed to all of the happenings in the heavens, had telescopes, and often went stargazing. But somehow missed the Earthshine.

L
L
I don't have a dog...saw it while leaving work and stopped me in my tracks. I didn't know about earthshine, either. Thank you very much for explaining why it looked so unusual and beautiful.

I am concerned about both of you gettin' romantic with your dogs.

Could just be me.

smile

LA

B
OP Offline
B
Awww LA, thanks for caring. My dogs are loving and faithful, always happy to see me. They love walking. I take them on two separate walks because it is just easier. One is a pitbull that I've had for 10 years and the other an English bulldog. Both are rescue dogs.

And the other nice thing is that while walking with a dog, there is no talking, arguing, no emotional needs to meet, you just need to be there. So relaxing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation