Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
My father passed away on February 9th, 2010. He was 85 years of age so he had a long and happy life. My parents were together for 61 years.

They did everything together. And they always stuck together through a lot of adversity. And their life was not easy. They were born and raised in Germany. My father was a POW in the Second world war and was interred in Siberia for 4 years. He was less than 80 pounds when he was finally released.

Then in 1957 we emigrated to Canada. And started a new life working 12 hour days for less than a dollar an hour. Yet even when there was not enough money for extras and even food, they stuck it out.

Through multiple bouts of cancer, lay offs, and other terrible tragedies, they still never gave up on each other.

I admire and love that. It is so hard to have lived through this and have my own XWH come not even close to the man my father was. Nor even TRY or DO whatever it took to make it work.

Miss you Dad. I know you are smiling down on us and waiting for Mom.

BS-58/XH48
D final Dec31/07
Long hard road & at peace now
Unrepentant serial cheater living with DP4 for 4yrs
M
M
So sorry to hear about your dad, FA. frown

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
hug So sorry, FAA. Your dad sounds like an awesome man!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
You were fortunate to have such amazing parents.

((( hugs )))

F
OP Offline
F
Thank Mel and Neak. He was such an unassuming man. But dangit, he had a twinkle in his eyes. And was a Pied Piper for the grandkids and the great-grandkids. They just gravitated towards him. Up to the week before he died, he still played hide and seek with the little ones:)

BS-58/XH48
D final Dec31/07
Long hard road & at peace now
Unrepentant serial cheater living with DP4 for 4yrs
R
R
Peace to him and the whole family.

I do hope the service is a comfort and that you know that indeed he had a life well lived for sure.

He sounds quite a lot like my dad who was in wars and is a good guy at 86 and still married to my mom after 57 years....not all romantic bliss but their sense of duty and commitment brought them through.

W
W
(((((hugs)))))

Your father sounds like quite a man. You are a lucky woman to have been raised by such hard working parents. Makes me smile thinking that he was playing hide and seek with the kids that close to his death. He must be smiling down on your family right now! ...My own parents will be married for 50yrs next year!

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

So much peeling...where am I under all this peeling? Yoo-hoo, are you in there...nothing yet.

Me FWW 30
BH 37
DD 2006
Daughter 7
Son 2
Trying to make amends for the huge mess I made.(If you knew Hubby you'd know what I mean by try)
W
W
He was 85 years of age so he had a long and happy life. My parents were together for 61 years.

I am so sorry for your loss. Its really nice to celebrate the good things in his life. 61 years WOW!

FBW(me)- 45
FWH- 53
D-day 4/29/08
Moving forward pursuing happiness & a loving Marriage with DH.
S
S
Isn't amazing how much their example we look to to guide our own lives......

What a legacy your Dad has left you.....

I know he was proud of you......

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
T
T
I was 50 when my mom went at 79.

52 when my dad followed at 89.

They left too soon.

I know you feel the same about yours.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation