Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
This post will be a work in progress as I am at work today.

Just an update for those who have just received the full broadside from their cheating spouse.

I was the worst case scenario for what happens when you catch your spouse cheating. From the attempt on my life to leaving me abandoned on the side of the road in the middle of winter crippled. The divorce ended in me losing everything, I mean EVERYTHING. All I escpaed with was my pet cockatoo as XW killed my finches.

I soon could no longer take the pressure of the pending divorce and started looking for another job outside of education. During my search I was rehabilitating from my injury and it was affecting my ability to perform my job. I had been called before the superintendent for a formal repremand and wound up suspended for my new found attitude before that bully.

I found another job on the last day of my suspension 250 miles from my home and promptly resigned my position taking the plunge into the unknown. THe new job was for almost DOUBLE what I was making.

I quickly became friends with the owner and we have been good buddies since as we have similar likes and hobbies.

We go flying, shooting and cook BBQ.

I have been promoted very quickly to a position of status and authority here, something XW pined for. There has been no promotions or salary increases for the rest of the company and I get bonuses and increases every 6 months. I have the highest profit margin in the company.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
P
P
hurray

P
P
With all the fallout from John Edwards, Tiger Woods, and my exWW, I am fully convinved that it is next to impossible for a wayward meet their full potential as a person. However, there are a lot of cases where a betrayed spouse ends up in a better place post divorce than they would have been if they stayed in the marriage.

Me BH 35 WW 36
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
F
F
Originally Posted by PSUBIKER
[T]here are a lot of cases where a betrayed spouse ends up in a better place post divorce than they would have been if they stayed in the marriage.
I believe this to be true. I certainly hope it is, in any case.

Just four months out from the day she dropped the A-bomb on me, and I actually think things are looking up in every facet of my life except the love area...

(OK, having just had my biennial bout with a cold-with-fever, I could argue that my health isn't the greatest right now, but I'll get over that a whole lot faster than my marital disappointment...)

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
What has led to my success is that I came out swinging at life with a sledge hammer.

I was crippled and determined to recover just to show that harpy I am better than her, even in my worst moments. I am so strong that a gunshot wound is nothing to me, just a minor irritation.

Being inches from the other side prepares one for something so trivial as a divorce. The unknown in life is nothing after you've had a peek into the other side. Life is for living and not being bogged in the mire of a stupid divorce. Divorce is freedom.

I showed no emotion during the divorce other than the rage I have toward her for the death of my pets. That I will never let go of until she gets equal. It won't be by my hand though.

D
dkd Offline
D
Originally Posted by PSUBIKER
However, there are a lot of cases where a betrayed spouse ends up in a better place post divorce than they would have been if they stayed in the marriage.

I don't think that really has to do with people getting what's coming to them so much as it's extremely diffiult for a wayward, to admit their wrong doing and deal with the guilt. It is much easier to continue covering things up with lies and selfish justifications.

Me 38
Divorced 8/09
DS 10,6
DD 4
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I got another house last week and can move in on March 12.

I'll be so glad to get out of where I am now as it needs alot of work and I've had my fill the scorpions in the warm weather. Last year I got stung 6 times driving to work when one got into my jeans during the night. I was sick for days.

I sent pix of the house to my XBIL as I know they'll get back to XW. I also sent pix and movies of the machine gun shoot I was invited to and brought my boss with me. She couldn't care less about the machine guns, but the aspect of it being an exclusive invitation and going with our company owner is what will make her envy.
Roxy knows something's up. She sees the boxes being packed up has been through moves before. It takes her months to get over the move and I can't let anyone but myself move her cage. She will allow me to transport it, but she will cling to me the whole drive. She bit the everlovin snot out of my older brother when I got divorced. She stayed angry for 6 months. Now she's getting clingy and screeching at every chance she gets if I am out of her sight.

P
P
Bird psychiatrist?

K
K
I am glad things are going well for you. I wish I could say the same...my ex took me for everything he could and as it stands, I'll lose my home someday because of the debts he saddled me with. Whether there's karma or justice in this world or not I can't say...but I know I am a lot happier with my life now than I was pre-divorce...I got a dog and he's perfect for me, fun, cute, loving, loads of personality. AND I always know where he is! LOL

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
R
R
Oh my, poor Roxy. Pariah, it's been a while since we've seen her on video... can we watch another one? I like especially your description of her behavior.

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P

P
P
I LOVE Roxy !

R
R
She's pretending she's a bat in the closet!!

I love the yellow on her cheeks... it's like make-up.

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I just had an epiphany!!

SS turned 18 on Dec. 15th 2009.

You know what that means?

NO MORE CS for the harpy to live off of!!!!!!

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
We had an invasion B&E this morning at work and there were several of us who were armed. We persuaded them it was better to leave in handcuffs than a body bag. They left in their car, but were apprehended within 5 stop lights from the company.

Boss said he's rather lax about us bringing firearms to work but noticed mine in it's holster in the open.

He suggested I leave the 5 shot snub nosed revolver at home and bring something with a little more punch. I will be bringing my P226 Sig Sauer tomorrow.

Anyways we flew to Athens, GA for lunch and talked about airplanes and guns. It was a beautiful Atlanta day and I got really good footage of the city from the air.

P
P
Originally Posted by Pariah
We had an invasion B&E this morning at work and there were several of us who were armed. We persuaded them it was better to leave in handcuffs than a body bag. They left in their car, but were apprehended within 5 stop lights from the company.

Seriously?
Did you make the local news?

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
No news. Crime is at epidemic levels in Atlanta since the Katrina refugees came to town and brought their craft with them.

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
OK, I did a how to make a simple bachelor dinner video tonight for my shooting buddies.

In case you're wondering, I'm called Marzy on other forums.

P
P
Fun video.
Thanks for sharing.

R
R
Fajitas don't have chillies in them?

Pariah, you look like someone in the movies... and I am too afraid to tell you whom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation