Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Larry I wanted to respond to this post of yours without threadjacking, so I thought I'd do a call out.

Few years ago (4?) I told this one guy, a well respected and prolific forum helper and poster, in as kind a words as I could manage, that his wife (nasty FWW) WAS giving the minimum to stay with him for economic reasons. He blew up all over me. Went on a rampage all over my hapless head.

Do you recall the context of those discussions Larry ? That you were proclaiming 98% recovery 8 weeks after d-day ?
I'd be interested for you to post what my "blow up" looked like. All I can recall are rejections of your opinions, and advice to be careful regarding the certainty of your recovery so soon after d-day.

Couple of months ago, his love bank finally hit empty. So he invites his lawyer to the house to explain to his wife and him what divorce was all about. All of a sudden she has gone from minimum to maximum. In his diatribe he did mention that four years ago wasn't the time to find out.

If only I had taken your advice in '05 Larry I could have shared in your wonderful marital success.

I just smiled to myself and dropped him a note of condolence.

Nice to know that my marriage struggles amuse you Larry. Sorry to end the joke, but my wife has been investing in our marriage using MB principles for six months now, built on the foundation of our experiences. I'll be sure to post if we take another downturn to make sure you get another giggle.

MB Alumni
_
_

Bob:

You probably haven't seen some of my posts about a woman's need for security as it relates to the financial. This is absolute Harley doctrine. At the time, I was reading everything I could read about marriage and family life from a woman's POV. I still do.

On the other hand, guys hate being considered a meal ticket, yet that is exactly what we are. My smile was not out of any mean spirit on my part but rather glad for you that things were finally going in your direction. Nobody who has lived through what you and I have lived through could or would consider infidelity a joke.

At the time, you were venting and I offered a suggestion, nothing more, nothing less, and you took strong exception. You were offended that someone with my little experience could offer up a Harley method point. It wasn't stated that way by me, but that was what it was and is. And my memory is that you were not kind in your rejection of my well meaning comment.

We are all islands of self interest, are we not? The bottom line is that Squid has decided that she needs to give you a return on your emotional investment. And that is a good thing because it seems to make you happy.

Thanks to the lessons I learned from Harley and all the help I received from these forums, we, my wife and I, did indeed reach 98% in short order. We never did reach 100% because we stalled out due to generational differences that we could not overcome. Yet to this day, there is enormous affection between the two of us that I believe will stand the test of time. I am content with my lot in life.

Hindsight being what it is, I do wish I had not made the post that rankled you and had found some other way of making the point I was trying to make at the time. It was old business that should have stayed old.

Larry

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation