Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P

So, now it's official - only stupid people cheat! It's a scientific fact!!!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/li...ir-partners/story-e6frf01i-1225835778798

P
P
That's really NOT science.

M
M
Can't tell if it's equine or bovine but it is excrement of some kind.

It's a theory. Not a very good one, but a theory. Should take all of about 5 seconds to disprove.

Tiger Woods.

'nuff said, I think.

More?

How about the thread on these forums where the college prof is cheating...

OK. That took 6 seconds at least.

A
A
Doh!

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
B
B
Stephen Hawking
Albert Einstein

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
F
F
Originally Posted by bitbucket
Stephen Hawking
Albert Einstein
Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein were waywards?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
B
B
Quotes from the wikipedia entries.

In early 1902, Einstein and Mileva Marie; had a daughter they called Lieserl in their correspondence, who was born in Novi Sad where the parents of Mileva lived.[23] Her full name is not known, and her fate is uncertain after 1903.[24] Einstein and Marie; married in January 1903, and in May 1904 the couple�s first son, Hans Albert Einstein, was born in Bern, Switzerland. Their second son, Eduard, was born in Zurich in July 1910. In 1914, Einstein moved to Berlin, while his wife remained in Zurich with their sons. Marie; and Einstein divorced on 14 February 1919, having lived apart for five years. Einstein married Elsa L�wenthal (n�e Einstein) on 2 June 1919, after having had a relationship with her since 1912. She was his first cousin maternally and his second cousin paternally. In 1933, they emigrated permanently to the United States. In 1935, Elsa Einstein was diagnosed with heart and kidney problems and died in December 1936.[25]

Jane Hawking (n�e Wilde), Hawking's first wife, cared for him until 1991 when the couple separated, reportedly due to the pressures of fame and his increasing disability. They had three children: Robert (b. 1967), Lucy (b. 1969), and Timothy (b. 1979). Hawking then married his nurse, Elaine Mason (who was previously married to David Mason, the designer of the first version of Hawking's talking computer), in 1995. In October 2006, Hawking filed for divorce from his second wife.[50]

In 1999, Jane Hawking published a memoir, Music to Move the Stars, detailing her own long-term relationship with a family friend whom she later married. Hawking's daughter, Lucy, is a novelist. Their oldest son, Robert, emigrated to the United States, married, and has one child, George Edward Hawking. Reportedly, Hawking and his first family were reconciled in 2007.[51]

There were allegations that Hawking was being abused by his second wife (Elaine), but the police closed their investigation without bringing any charges.

Last edited by bitbucket; 03/01/10 05:31 PM. Reason: cleaned up escaped characters

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
F
F
Originally Posted by bitbucket
Quotes from the wikipedia entries.
Wow.

I guess nothing is sacred.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Waywards can have high IQ's (mine is close to 150). But when they are wayward, their emotional IQ's are about....maybe -6? You don't have to be dumb to be an idiot, apparently.

M
M
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Waywards can have high IQ's (mine is close to 150). But when they are wayward, their emotional IQ's are about....maybe -6? You don't have to be dumb to be an idiot, apparently.

ain't that the truth! I was going to say that I know MENSA genius's who were wayward!! My mother is a MENSA genius and, bless her pea picking heart, but she does not get high marks in the common sense department! TEEF

I think my late father was also in the genius range and boy oh boy oh boy......he was a mess! Married and divorced 8 times with multiple affairs. faint

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Flick has a high IQ, and there have been more than a couple of lawyers, bankers, doctors and the like on MB from the wayward side.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
E
E
It's simple, cheating is stupid. One may have a high IQ, yet not be smart.

P
P
Article link

Investors.com has an interesting article.

"Intellectuals Step 'Off The Cliff', Drag Rest of Us Down"

WARNING !!!! It's a bit of a political piece, but I thought this comment was interesting ...

most intellectuals believe in the "Vision of the Anointed

AKA "entitlement" also AKA "specialness"

M
M
Intelligence is one thing. Wisdom is another.

"Status" is to women what "sexy body" is to men - an attribute with the power to cancel out all other characteristics.

A man with status in his field - whether it's elite pro sports or a corporate office or a high school football team - is going to be hit on by groupies. It doesn't matter what he looks like or what sort of person he actually is. It's the status that blindly attracts females.

It's the same way that a woman with a sexy body is going to be hit on by men with no boundaries. It doesn't matter what sort of person she actually is. It's the big boobs/etc. that blindly attracts men.

We've had plenty of posters here on MB who couldn't understand what their WSs saw in their affair partners.

For BH: Did the OM have some kind of status in his field?

For BW: Did the OW display sexual attributes and availability?

That's what it was.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
R
R
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Waywards can have high IQ's (mine is close to 150). But when they are wayward, their emotional IQ's are about....maybe -6?

Depends on where the IQ is located, north or south.

C
C
I think the article is garbage. I think cheating is about opportunity, self control, and a few other things. I doubt it's IQ based.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation