Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2332945 03/05/10 03:48 PM
K
krusht Offline OP
OP Offline
K
MB folk,

On the Sprint phone bill when it says 1800 texts doh2 in the last 12 days are these outgoing texts only or incoming and out going texts?

Also, is there a way to get the telephone # the texts are going to, without a court order? I see some people here have the #s and the text of the texts too.

Thanks,

kirk

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
I
I
Can't you just grab the phone and take a look at the inbox and outbox?

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
S
S
From what I understand, if the bill is in your name, you can call Sprint and request the records, I think they will give you a form to fill out. If the account isn't in your name, Sprint WILL NOT give you any information at all.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
G
If the bill is not in your name, go on-line to Sprint to sign on as if you are the owner. (Do this when your spouse is in the shower and you can get the phone.) Indicate that you have forgotten your password to get into the records. They will text the password to your spouse's phone. It will be done immediately, and you can delete the text so that your spouse will not know that you have gotten it. You can then see the phone numbers from which or to which the texts have been made, the date, and time. I successfully did this.

Once your spouse has deleted a message, there is no way you can see the message. Believe me--I tried. Some of these MB folks can give you information on getting future messages, I think.

Last edited by goldenyears; 03/05/10 06:20 PM.

D-Day EA 11/29/08
D-Day PA 12/12/08

S
S
Hmm, we were able to reset my sister's H's password and were able to get onto his online account. We were not able to get any phone nos or any detailed info re texts. This was Sept last year, for a Blackberry.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
K
krusht Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks,

I did some more checking on line with Sprint and in a forum discovered that because of privacy Sprint will no longer give out telephone #s or the texts themselves without a court order.

I have not discovered yet that if the number is, say, 1800 does that mean she sent 1800 texts or did 1800 total texts get sent and received?

The account is in my name.

Thanks again,

kirk

Last edited by krusht; 03/05/10 07:47 PM.

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
O
O
I was going to add that. I'm a sprint customer AND the owner of the account. There are no records of text numbers. Funny, they consider that privacy but not the phone logs?

I think it's a cost-cutting measure.

P
P
The number of texts is the total sent and received together. I am a sprint customer also and have watched this quite a bit.

S
S
That was what Sprint told us when we called, no info w/o a court order. But then another poster said he called and gave them a hard time and they faxed him a form to fill out and sign for some of the text records.

I would at least call and see if they will do this...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
G
G
It's absolutely amazing that any phone company is allowed to say that someone has to pay for x-number of texts without supplying proof that the owner or possessor of the phone actually made or received those texts!!! I am actually with T-Mobile, and I can go on-line at any time to see the dates, times and phone numbers of calls or texts made or received.

As badly as I would have liked to have seen the content of FWH's text to and from the OW, I was told that such copies did not exist once they were deleted from his phone. Knowing this did not keep me from catching him at a weak moment and convincing him that he needed to 'fess up before the copies of his actual messages I had ordered arrived. Foggy thinking gets them in trouble every time--tee, hee, hee.

D-Day EA 11/29/08
D-Day PA 12/12/08

W
W
At verizon I monitored my WW text all the time, and saw how many times she sent and received a text to OM. The problem is that they do not have what is contained in those texts. I just had to jump on my WW phone and try forward any evidence to my work email. Thats tough when she sleps with her phone under her pillow with her hand on it and deletes everything after she reads it, but they do get sloppy sometimes.

One person told me to switch out her sim card with mine so I get all her texts. I really wish I knew more about that....lol.

F
F
On a flight today in the SkyMall magazine I saw a product that said it could retrieve deleted text messages from any phone that had a SIM card.

I can't vouch for this, as I haven't tried it (and now I don't have a need/opportunity) but it might be valuable for some of the folks here.

Located here: http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102924332&c=10261

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation