Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
T
NotRomeo:
Here is a link to some sample no contact letters.
Write one (hand written is best) and give it to your wife so that YOUR WIFE may mail it. That will help reassure her that you are serious about saving your marriage and ending your feelings for OW.

Sample NC letters

F
F
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by NotRomeo
We talk of how much we always loved each other, we talk of how even though we've been apart, we've never been able to shake each other. If it sounds like a cheesy movie and you feel sick reading this, imagine living it. We're living The @#$%ing Notebook or something. I love her so much I can't describe it. She feels the same, and like me, she always has. Two nights ago I was laying on my side. I couldn't sleep. I reached over and started rubbing the shape of her body in the space next to me. This was at 1:45 am west coast time. I found a FB email from her the next morning time stamped 4:45 am east coast saying that she couldn't sleep, and could feel me touching her. I don't understand this thing anymore, but it is obviously completely out of control.
THIS is what has been described as "nothing happened". These are the feelings that watt is saying should be kept secret from the BW.

NotRomeo has not had sex with this skank yet, but these feelings have already destroyed his marriage. He has no love for his wife. She is aware of his lost feelings for her but does not know the reason why.

She needs to be told what NotRomeo described here so that she can know what she is facing, and make a decision how to proceed. She cannot rebuild her marriage (if that is what she would like) if she does not know the depths of the assault it has faced.
Notromeo, my husband's first affair was with an unrequited love. She was long distance as well. They went from a phone call out of the blue from her to emailing daily, to phone calls to finally consumating their "relationship" in a matter of months. I felt the love drain out of my H during that time. I KNEW what was going on and wish I had known about MB back then. Maybe exposing it when it was an EA would have stopped them. My H told the OW in an email how he would lay on the couch with me, his WIFE, and pretend it was her.

What I am telling you is that your betrayed WIFE knows what is going on instinctively and your only hope of saving your marriage and yourself is to tell her everything. You need to cut off this R with the OW immediately, inform her BH of what you two have been doing and get rid of FB.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
D
Every moment you spend chatting with her, emailing her, phoning her is time and affection STOLEN from your wife and children.

See what this "relationship" has turned you into?

You've become a man who steals from his family.

End it with OW.
Block her on FB and email.
Erase her phone number.
Tell your wife.
Read all you can on this site and through Dr. Harley's books about meeting each other's emotional needs.

BE the human/father/husband you are supposed to be...do not deign to be a theif, because that's all you will ever be again if you don't end it with OW.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
Good lord.

I read the first post and thought Nora Roberts had come to MB.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Originally Posted by chrisner
Good lord.

rotflmao

Thank you for my first laugh of the morning.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
M
M
Good lord.

rotflmao Thanks for the funny!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
Originally Posted by writer
Thank you for my first laugh of the morning.

Hey it�s not me. This stuff is high comedy.

Originally Posted by Nora
On church trips, she would pretend to sleep on my shoulder, but be awake the entire time, basking, while I would do the same to her. It was magic. I knew I wanted to marry her.

there she was in a retail store, just standing there, giggleing like crazy when she saw me.

We were both shaking so bad we almost caused an earthquake. Both flush, like she never left.

I can see her as clearly this moment as I could that very day. We spent a magical afternoon (her favorite day of her life, she has told me) together and completely lost track of time.

But�..here is why none of this is real.

Originally Posted by Nora
We talked regularly, and always fantasized about visiting each other, but it never happened. I went home looking for her that Christmas, but her mom had taken the father back and they had moved to the south.

They talked regularly but when he returns home to her blushing, shaking and giggling that Christmas he did not know she had moved? Really?

Come on. What a pantload. Get an editor Nora!

Nora won�t be back.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/12/10 01:30 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
L
L
Ya know, Chrisner, I went back and re-read the story, and I think you're right.

Another thing: In the 2 weeks before he had to go back to school, when she was livng back in his hometown, he only got to see her in a group after that date where he didn't even get to kiss her? He had enough time to talk to her on the phone for 2-3 hours a night, but not to go see her or go on a date with her?

The next week and a half went by in a blur. I saw her once more, but in a group, though we talked on the phone 2-3 hours every night and never wanted to hang up.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
T
T
NotRomeo, if it wasn't that there were two young families involved, this would really be quite funny.

Sweetie, get things in perspective. Pretty much all of us have one of 'those' romances in our background. Oh, don't we remember the shaking, the sweating, the joy of glimpsed moments, the sense of 'completion', the delirium. Was your more intense than mine, or JL's, or KiwiJ's? Who knows? All that's clear is that this kind of intense emotional experience is a part of being young.

And there's nothing quite as pure and perfect in the memory as an unconsummated romance. Is there?

So while I do believe that your present emotions are intense, I'd ask you to dump your head in cold water for long enough to consider that the intensity of your feelings comes from the echo of YoungRomeo, not the reality of CurrentRomeo.

You have no real evidence that you and NotJuliet would ever have been able to make a working couple. Think about it. Chances are actually quite high that you would have dated for a year or two, then you would have got bored with, say, her hopeless romanticism, and the two of you would have drifted apart quite naturally. It's the LACK of data that provides fodder for your current daydreams.

Now, let's look at the timing of all this FB adventuring. You've recently had a child and become responsible for two dependents. Big, scary, adult stuff. And suddenly you find yourself running to someone who represents the young, unencumbered, sky's-the-limit version of Not. Can you join the dots? You don't need to be a psychologist to see the connection, do you?

But let's assume that all this is True Love, and nothing to do with Sudden Adult Panic Syndrome. Let's say you and Juliet are unable to resist the Soulmate pull. Let's see, you'd have to leave your wife and child, and she'd have to leave her husband. However, being a mother, she'd take her kids with her. Which would leave you having to support a new household of four, two of whom would, very likely, hate your guts for breaking apart their family. You'd also be supporting your abandoned family, and probably fighting to get some cash out of Juliet's husband (and I'm sure he'd be thrilled to pay for his children to be raised by the man who stole his wife). And that's not considering the practical problem of where to live, so that you get to see your child, and Juliet's kids get to see their father on a regular basis.

Do you think it would still feel romantic?

And what if (I realise this seems very unlikely), Juliet turns out to be not such a slice of heaven to live with as you dreamed? What if the reality of life together with her kids is a bit uncomfortable, a bit depressing, a bit...like the real life you left?

Where would that leave you? Divorced, broke, raising another man's children, watching your own child being raised by the man your wife chooses once she's got over the trauma (or before, if you're unlucky)? But h@ll, Juliet's your soulmate! That would make up for all the pain!

However, it might be as well to explore a few myths that you and Juliet are probably telling each other.

1) Your respective spouses will let you go sadly but kindly, aware that's it's the best thing for all of you. Like h@ll. This doesn't happen.

2) Her kids will adore you. Of course! You broke up their family! You exploded their lives! You're their hero!

3) Your marriages are dead. I think that may come as a surprise to both your spouse and hers. And don't forget - a person who can abandon one marriage for an old flame can probably light up a few more old flames once the spark's not so frisky on the new marriage. How safe would you really feel?

Let's be clear - you're allowing yourself to be seduced by a fantasy and that is really, really, really, really, really, really, really stupid. Close your FB account, tell your wife, get yourself into IC and GROW UP!!!

TA

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." - Spencer Johnson
C
C
This thread is probably the product of a couple teenage girls with nothing better to do after school than stir up an infidelity forum.

If it really is a boy, he should stick to Dungeons and Dragons.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/12/10 12:53 PM.

H
H
Good lord.

My first thought was a Harlequin Romance novel...Maybe instead of being NoRomeo (and you know what happened to him) try "FABIO" MrRollieEyes

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
D
D
A most excellent post, TA.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
Originally Posted by TogetherAlone
However, it might be as well to explore a few myths that you and Juliet are probably telling each other.

1) Your respective spouses will let you go sadly but kindly, aware that's it's the best thing for all of you. Like h@ll. This doesn't happen.

2) Her kids will adore you. Of course! You broke up their family! You exploded their lives! You're their hero!

3) Your marriages are dead. I think that may come as a surprise to both your spouse and hers. And don't forget - a person who can abandon one marriage for an old flame can probably light up a few more old flames once the spark's not so frisky on the new marriage. How safe would you really feel?
hurray

CLASSIC

S
S
Even if this thread was started under false pretenses, it brought up some good advice that COULD be used for lurkers whom are too frightened to actually post. It also had a t/j that was well worth getting out there. laugh SO, THANK YOU NOROMEO.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
I agree Scotland and there have been some great posts here. TA's was outstanding.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure it was just a practice round.

I just don�t see a legitimate 35 year old man writing about giggling, flushing, blushing, basking and shaking in a huge pap of a preamble leading to adultery on a forum mostly populated by betrayed spouses.

Then flush boy responds right out of the chute with profanity laced rants to his responders.

And still��

Originally Posted by Romeo
We talked regularly, and always fantasized about visiting each other, but it never happened. I went home looking for her that Christmas, but her mom had taken the father back and they had moved to the south.

He was clueless she had moved. It brings tears to my eyes.

Where for art thou Romeo?

You got some 'splainin' to do.

P
P
So Chris, what I wanna know is how you'd recognize Nora Robert's writing style? Hmmm?

rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
I blame DGS.

P
P
I blame DGS.

Me too.[Linked Image from millan.net] Who?

C
C

Last edited by chrisner; 03/12/10 02:21 PM.

P
P
"I'm about to let one"
rotflmao

GREAT !
Now I need my inhaler, I laughed so hard I'm wheezing.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation