Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
C
C
Well, I've done about all I can here. Time to go home.

Have a great weekend all. I will try to be a little more thick skinned next week.

Sorry for the little threadjack Romeo.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S

Last edited by schoolbus; 03/13/10 10:33 AM. Reason: Nevermind

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
G
G
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Ummm...I never said anything about the bible to you at all. The link I gave you is legit, independently written and NON-religious. The only thing I can figure is because the .pdf file I linked is parked on some church website you thought I was bible thumping you.

Here's the link again...don't read it for me...do it for your wife, kids and even for the OW. You can save everyone IN YOUR LIFE a lot of grief by going No Contact with this woman.

31 Reasons to Stop an Affair
In case the church site is what threw you off, here is a link to the same document on the site from which it was created - affairrecovery.com - 31 Reasons - It looks like they are a counseling group in Austin, Texas.

I'm not a complete idiot. There are parts missing.
_
_
It is copyrighted material. And the Terms of Service here indicate that certain types of links are prohibited so the mods may decide to edit, not out of malice, but out of courtesy for Dr. Harley. On the other hand, I am entranced by one quote (under fair use):

"Your baggage never gets lost in transit- it always shows up at your new destination"

Larry

W
W
I have never seen such a jacked up thread but I had to say that this was so funny.... "Why is there braille writing at drive-up ATMs?"
" Just think, at this moment, giant centuries-old storms are raging on the planet Jupiter, oblivious to our impatience of the slow-moving line at the McDonald's Drive-Thru." "During the time of the O.J. Simpson murder trial, I heard the phrase "Save the Juice" and thought it was a motto used to encourage sexual abstinence." I liked all of the other ones as well! Sorry, had to add to this crazy thread.

So much peeling...where am I under all this peeling? Yoo-hoo, are you in there...nothing yet.

Me FWW 30
BH 37
DD 2006
Daughter 7
Son 2
Trying to make amends for the huge mess I made.(If you knew Hubby you'd know what I mean by try)
K
K
At least in the McDonalds drive-through, you might have to talk into a clown's head, but at least you can tell by the number of cars in front of you just how long it will be until you eat, as opposed to formal dining restaurants where it could be a while.
~paraphrasing Foamy

/random

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What can you do? Print up your post and hand it to your wife. Then send your skankho mistress and her HUSBAND a no contact letter as outlined in the book Surviving an Affair, following the deletion of your facebook account.

Sit your kids down and explain to them that their father has behaved like a scumbag by pursuing a filthy, adutlterous affair with a married woman on the internet. Tell them you are sorry for pursuing your "happiness" in such a horrendous, disgusting, shameful manner that jeordizes their family. Pledge to be a better man and a better father in the future.

The next step will be to work on your starving marriage to create a romantic relationship using these principles.

And no, you are not "in love" with her. Having an affair with a married woman is not "love," it is the highest form of disrespect. You have spit in her face.
and worse than spit in his wife's face.

Wonder if "noromeo" ever followed through? Sad to hear the attempt at justification of his infatuation.

I wish someone could've given this advice to my wife. I found MB a little too late. My wife had me swerved last june, and it is just a matter of time now. She is so sure her friend she met online is "the one".

I admire the advice given to him from the posters here. I don't believe he will follow it, he seemed so self-rightous in his actions so far. He did not even show any remorse for what he has done / is doing to his wife and family. I just pray that he thinks about how his kids lives will be affected.

Bh-me-45
xWW- 45
Married 15years, together for 20
served D papers on 6/2/09
Divorce final 12/19/2010

Custody of our 3 kids
DD 12
DS 10
DD 7

S
S
Because I am a fount of information of the weird and useless:

"Why is there Braille writing on the drive-up ATM?"

The answer lies in economics.

There is Braille writing on ALL ATM machines. To eliminate it from those ATMs which are specifically located at drive-up locations would not be cost-efficient.

Consider the cost to manufacture keypads with and without Braille; to determine which ATMs would be located where as a final destination; the ultimate and possible relocation or re-use of keypads in repairs, or the re-ordering of keypads for repairs...and the Americans with Disabilities Act legislation that requires Braille on certain equipment.

This tells you that the only logical result is to expedite keypad and machine faces to the Braille orientation, and not worry about attempting to eliminate it at drive-up locations and having two separate systems out there.

Cheaper this way.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
L
L
rotflmao

and I clicked on the thread expecting a patent school bus break down of Romeo, justification and the hidden depths of his writings. Nooo

Ah well, it good to finally have an answer to the Braille/ATM question smile

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation