Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 642
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 642
Originally Posted by chrisner
How old are you?

Oh, you answered that. Almost 30.

Ummmmmmm.....well....


laugh

Last edited by sickwithworry; 03/19/10 03:01 PM.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Do I sound too naive for my age?
Maybe because I don't have such a huge experience when it comes to relationships:
Started dating round 20.
My first love happened to be my bf - he was completely loyal to me until the affair I was telling you about, and I was completely loyal to him before all this.
frown
After I found out he had fallen for someone else...al those years I had been loyal seemd such a waste of my life: I had been there, I had only been interested in him, shared everything with him, and the result was that he wanted to be with someone else..

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,803
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,803
Let's see. The BF cheated on you and then came back and now doesn't want to be intimate with you. The second guy knows about the BF and doesn't care, since he's not sure he wants a long-term relationship with you anyway. What about this situation makes you think that either one of these guys will ever be marriage material?

Ain't gonna happen.

Ditch the guys, ditch the therapist, and then start working on yourself. Figure out who you are and what you want and don't get involved with anyone else until you do.


Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
"I just don't know about morals.
Before I thought I believed in some things...
Now, I just don't feel like anything is worth anything. Sometimes I just want everything to end, so I don't have to decide anything. I'm such a coward.."

I think this is the crux of your problem. Get a different therapist, or spend the money on a pedicure - at least then you will feel better.

I agree with the others, learn to live alone and work on yourself and get healthy BEFORE you get into another relationship.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,965
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,965
Okay Play_the_Game (interesting choice of screen name me thinks)

Go back and read Just Learnings post to you. He hit all the highlights you need.


Quote
Do I sound too naive for my age?


Just a weencey bit.


Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,164
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,164
I see a way to kill both trolls with one stone!

I agree, ditch the counselor who is telling you to sleep with two men. Go to this thread: Guilty and desperate for hope and hook up with guiltybutterfly, who wants to give her old fashioned traditional husband a three-way. It seems like a win-win...

whistle

Last edited by bitbucket; 03/19/10 03:11 PM.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I would say go ask a billy goat

A talking billy goat ! ?

How exciting grin

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 642
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 642
Originally Posted by Play_the_Game
Do I sound too naive for my age?
Maybe because I don't have such a huge experience when it comes to relationships:
Started dating round 20.
My first love happened to be my bf - he was completely loyal to me until the affair I was telling you about, and I was completely loyal to him before all this.
frown
After I found out he had fallen for someone else...al those years I had been loyal seemd such a waste of my life: I had been there, I had only been interested in him, shared everything with him, and the result was that he wanted to be with someone else..

PTG:

What are you not getting?

BF#1 = Cheater

BF#2 = Cheater

PTG = Well, you know...

Just stop, get off the merry go round, lick your wounds, cry, examine yourself and resolve never to be a cheater or get involved with another one.

Your problem is you are afraid to hurt BF#1's (cheater) feelings by admitting you are cheating on him, AND, you are addicted to BF#2 (cheater) and can't bear the thought of leaving him.

I am starting to confuse even myself, it sounds like "The Cheating Bachelor, Bachelorette" show...

I thought of it FIRST! Instead of "The Rose Ceremony" they could have the....hmm let me think think

SWW

Last edited by sickwithworry; 03/19/10 03:15 PM.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,965
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,965
Originally Posted by The Bitmeister
I agree, ditch the counselor who is telling you to sleep with two men. Go to this thread: Guilty and desperate for hope and hook up with guiltybutterfly, who wants to give her old fashioned traditional husband a three-way. It seems like a win-win...


BRILLIANT!

Last edited by chrisner; 03/19/10 03:14 PM. Reason: Ask your doctor today if you are healthy enough for a threesome and if Waywardall is right for you.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[I would say go ask a billy goat, because he has more common sense and will counsel you for free. Your "therapist" doesn't have the common sense God gave a billy goat. TEEF

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao


Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
*********************
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
Well at least the . . .(s) have gone vertical.


Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
*********************
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,222
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,222
Prove to yourself that you are strong enough to be just fine without either man. Prove to yourself that you still have morals and should not be sleeping with multiple men (even if one is rarely). Honestly, why are you still with these guys? One already cheated on you and you haven't had sex in months. The other has already failed in marriage is trying to steal you away from the boyfriend you are living with. Neither one is a suitable candidate for a life partner. You can do better. Shoot, not having a boyfriend is better than these two options. Once you have learned how to be happy on your own and not settle for dysfunctional relationships, then you can start looking to date again. Date with you head, not just your heart.

This therapist is a moron. This therapist seems like the new age type that is into astrology and has been married 3 times. This therapist will only lead you astray. Seriously, be objective for a moment, what kind of therapist would advise you to continue to live with your boyfriend and continue to have sex on the side with another guy? Don't you question their credentials?


Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by sickwithworry
I am starting to confuse even myself, it sounds like "The Cheating Bachelor, Bachelorette" show...

I thought of it FIRST! Instead of "The Rose Ceremony" they could have the....hmm let me think think

SWW

Ha!

Unless you acquired a copyright ... I'm stealin' this.

MY show is gonna have ...

"A condom ceremony" loveheart

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,803
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,803
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by sickwithworry
I am starting to confuse even myself, it sounds like "The Cheating Bachelor, Bachelorette" show...

I thought of it FIRST! Instead of "The Rose Ceremony" they could have the....hmm let me think think

SWW

Ha!

Unless you acquired a copyright ... I'm stealin' this.

MY show is gonna have ...

"A condom ceremony" loveheart

"Cheating Bachelorette, will you please accept this condom?"

Cheating Bachelorette, smiling sweetly. "Of, course." Kisses Cheating Bachelor on the cheek.

Chris steps forward. "Shank-Ho's, this is the final condom of the night."


Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 642
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 642
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by sickwithworry
I am starting to confuse even myself, it sounds like "The Cheating Bachelor, Bachelorette" show...

I thought of it FIRST! Instead of "The Rose Ceremony" they could have the....hmm let me think think

SWW

Ha!

Unless you acquired a copyright ... I'm stealin' this.

MY show is gonna have ...

"A condom ceremony" loveheart

Good one! Unfortunately that was what I was thinking too. I already called ABC, or was it CBS, whatever. It's Mine, MINE MINE!!!

Oh gosh, can you just see the little silver tray with all the nervous bachelor's waiting for their names to be called, and the cheating bachelorette calls em up and says, "Joe, would you accept this condom?"

With tears in his eyes he says yes and goes to join the other proud bachelor's with their condoms taped to their lapels. Sniff, I choke up just thinkin' bout it... confused

Now...ahem, where were we?

SWW

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,222
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,222
Originally Posted by writer1
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by sickwithworry
I am starting to confuse even myself, it sounds like "The Cheating Bachelor, Bachelorette" show...

I thought of it FIRST! Instead of "The Rose Ceremony" they could have the....hmm let me think think

SWW

Ha!

Unless you acquired a copyright ... I'm stealin' this.

MY show is gonna have ...

"A condom ceremony" loveheart

"Cheating Bachelorette, will you please accept this condom?"

Cheating Bachelorette, smiling sweetly. "Of, course." Kisses Cheating Bachelor on the cheek.

Chris steps forward. "Shank-Ho's, this is the final condom of the night."

You are too late, it's already a show on VH1. It's on after Rock of Love and I Love New York, and is followed by Tool Academy and For the Love of Ray J.


Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by jmwc95
Prove to yourself that you are strong enough to be just fine without either man. Prove to yourself that you still have morals and should not be sleeping with multiple men (even if one is rarely). Honestly, why are you still with these guys? One already cheated on you and you haven't had sex in months. The other has already failed in marriage is trying to steal you away from the boyfriend you are living with. Neither one is a suitable candidate for a life partner. You can do better. Shoot, not having a boyfriend is better than these two options. Once you have learned how to be happy on your own and not settle for dysfunctional relationships, then you can start looking to date again. Date with you head, not just your heart.

This therapist is a moron. This therapist seems like the new age type that is into astrology and has been married 3 times. This therapist will only lead you astray. Seriously, be objective for a moment, what kind of therapist would advise you to continue to live with your boyfriend and continue to have sex on the side with another guy? Don't you question their credentials?

Actually, the therapist is living with a partner (is not married) and he specifically told me that morals and guilt should be my last concern, and that I have to try to solve some aspects in order to be happy WHATEVER I decide in the end (man A, man B, both or none ... )...I don't have sex with both of them: only with the second man, sometimes, when we meet (is sort of a long distance relation) and not anymore with my bf, because I would feel to ashamed to be close to him although I'm not being sincere...

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,965
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,965
Quote
Actually, the therapist is living with a partner (is not married) and he specifically told me that morals and guilt should be my last concern, and that I have to try to solve some aspects in order to be happy WHATEVER I decide in the end (man A, man B, both or none ... )...I don't have sex with both of them: only with the second man, sometimes, when we meet (is sort of a long distance relation) and not anymore with my bf, because I would feel to ashamed to be close to him although I'm not being sincere...



Ummmmmmm.......well.......ummmmmmm....Nah..


Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,986
I'll take door number one.


Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
*********************
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I'll take door number one.

I'll take an In N Out number one.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0