Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm no good at posting the link but this was on "The Good Morning America" show.....

Google it!!!!!

Justice is served and the WH sounds like any other wayterd....

P
P

P
P
Lundquist has said she doesn't have $9 million to pay Cynthia Shackelford.

"I'm not in it for the money, but I wouldn't believe anything she had to say anyway," Cynthia Shackelford said, adding, "But I'm just trying to send a message to other people that are like Anne (Lundquist), that if they're looking at somebody else's husband -- that's still living at home, that's still sleeping in the marital bed and comes to parties and introduces his wife at his better half -- to leave him alone and not go after him."

Lundquist is appealing the $9 million decision. But Cynthia Shackelford's lawyer Will Jordan said he believes the decision will stand.

As for the marriage law referenced in this case, Lundquist likened it to laws against people who tamper with contracts.

"Perhaps if one network tried to lure you to another against your contract, there would be a suit for interference with contract rights," he explained. "And 'alienation of affection' is very similar to that."

M
M
Bravo!! Now we can tell other BS's from NC they have this option.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
However, Allan Shackelford {the WH} claims his marriage didn't fail because of Lundquist.

In a online post to his local newspaper, he said his wife "... wanted to divorce him at least two years before he began a relationship with Anne Lundquist. (The) marriage did not break-up because of Anne Lundquist."

But on "The Early Show," Cynthia Shackelford said she didn't say she was going to divorce him at all. At that time, Cynthia Shackleford said, she and her husband were working on improvements to their home, so their children could come over after they got married with their children.

"I had no idea that there was divorce in the future," she said. "... It was all news to me."

Cynthia Shackelford added that she didn't believe her husband was cheating.

"I didn't believe it because I trusted him," she said. "And he had told me that they were just friends. And any time any affair was mentioned it was alleged. So I just kept on and on, and just saw the path of our marriage was not doing well. And it seemed like she was always calling our house and he was always taking her home and one thing led to another."

But why sue the other woman? Rodriguez pointed out that she wasn't the one who made marriage vows.

Cynthia Shackelford responded, "But she's the one that came in between us as far as her luring ways, and which I had plenty of proof from e-mails, phone records, spending, that she alienated him from me. She used work and other ways to get in and get friendly with him, and it's like those Lifetime movies or whatever that you see that she just worked her way."

N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks Pep for the link.... wink

A lady at work told me about this. She thought that more states should have this law because it may help deterre this insideous crime on marriages. Turns out her H had an affair many years ago..... She thought the OW didn't look like your stereo-typical OW..... I told her she doesn't look like a stereo-typical BS.....(she is a very well-kept BEAUTIFUL lady who is 55.....I pray I look that good at 55..... grin)

not2fun

S
S
I am GLAD to hear this story.

In Ontario, we have something kind of similar. BS can sue the AP for their legal fees if they D their WS.

KARMA BUS HAS A GOOD DRIVER TODAY laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
wish they had that law in NJ.... but it's a no fault state so they don't care really why you want a divorce... everything is 50/50 here

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
P
P
In Sunny Southern California, where we live, if you cheat on your spouse, you get to be on TV.[Linked Image from millan.net]

N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Scotland
In Ontario, we have something kind of similar. BS can sue the AP for their legal fees if they D their WS.

So are you planning on doing this IF your M ends up in this direction?....inquiring minds want to know..... pray

G
G
I love it dance2

Now how do we get other states to allow such lawsuits?

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
M
M
Good. I just wish it was for "Marital Intrusion" on the part of the OP and "Gross Marital Misconduct" on the part of the WS. "Alienation of Affection" makes a lot of people laugh and roll their eyes, but I think most folks could understand the first two.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
S
S
Originally Posted by not2fun
Originally Posted by Scotland

So are you planning on doing this IF your M ends up in this direction?....inquiring minds want to know..... pray

ABSOLUTELY.

Even if they separate, since I know I will have proof since he moved right in with her(STUPID WAYTURDS)

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Rodriguez pointed out that she wasn't the one who made marriage vows.

Oh, for god's sake - that one always makes me crazy. So, NO ONE is supposed to respect someone else's marriage?? When this woman goes to a wedding, does she size up the groom and if she likes him she tells the bride, "Hey, he's cute. Since I didn't make any vows to you, I'll feel free to move in on him if he's stupid enough to let me do that. Happy Wedding!"

The disconnect between Weddings and Marriages these days is HUGE. There are a whole slew of shows on cable TV about nothing but weddings and how fabulous they are and how this is the most special day of a woman's life, but when it comes to the Marriage people just spew crap like, "Hey, I didn't make vows to either one of them!"

Weddings are huge business and mega important to everybody involved, but Marriages remain a joke.

Do these people just go to the Wedding for the show and the food and the booze, and maybe to see if they feel like hitting on the bride or the groom, since they clearly do not feel the need to respect the Marriage?

Crikey.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
T
T
Are you sure about this Scotland? I am under the impression they don't take adultery into account at all for divorce. I was even advised not to check the adultery box on my divorce forms (you have a choice between abuse, adultery or separated a year for reasons to divorce). I really wanted to check it, because it allowed you the opportunity to name the AP, but if you did that the AP got served with the divorce papers as well and had the option to sue you for libel. Even though I had plenty of rock solid proof, 3 different lawyers advised me not to do it as it offered no legal advantage whatsoever and it wouldn't cause her any harm that I might intend in the first place. I just wanted her name in public record as an adultress, that's all. It didn't matter in the end as WXH refused to sign the papers with OW's name on them. But I would have liked that.

L
L
Tabby, anyone can sue anyone else for anything at all. They had just better have proof of their allegations, or else the person they sue can turn around and sue them for malicious prosecution. If you have proof, any suit for libel would be a farce. I'd have said, "Let her sue!" I think having having an adulterer's name on public record as a homewrecker for posterity is pretty doggone good consequences.

A guy in my town won an AOA lawsuit against his wife's affair partner (proof was the OC born during his marriage to her), and she and her new affairage hubby were stupid enough to go on national TV to discuss their appeal of the punitive damages all the way to the Supreme Courth (which the SC refused to hear). That was good, cuz everybody on the internet was calling her a money-grubbin' ho. clap clap clap

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
S
S
Tabby1- My sister consulted an attorney who told her that if she wanted to, she could sue the POSOW for her attorney's fees for her D since the reason they split was the A. My sister didn't because she tried to reconcile but it didn't work and there was never any SOLID proof of the A. I think in my case since I have the keylogger info and the fact that WH moved in with POSOW, I wouldn't have a problem PROVING that they were together. I could also call witnesses from their workplace since I know who called me to tell me about the A and apparently they "FLAUNTED" the A there for a long time.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
I wish there were AOA laws in my state. I would have a pretty good case.

- monopolizing WW's time away from me
- listening in on phone marriage counseling sessions
- exWW moving POSOM's 10 horses to our horse farm the day after she filed a PO against me
- the fact that POSOM was homeless and had no where for his horses 30 days prior to exWW asking for a divorce.

Damages would be easlily calculated.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
N
N
Thanks, Pep!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
These laws are on the books in my state. OW is leaving us alone PRESENTLY but if she comes after us for CS or ANYTHING, I plan on pulling this card out from under my sleeve and countersuing her for the EXACT amount of CS she is awarded (over the course of 18 years) + my legal fees. So she better STAY AWAY!

The catch in my state is that the statue of limitations is 3 years and she can request CS anytime before OC is 18.

I also cannot find a lawyer who has tried one of these suits in my state. Heck, I may be the first!

Hopefully, it will not come to this as I am NOT the suing type.

(Note: OW told H after birth of OC she didn't want any $$$ as she had a large inheritance from her dad....we'll see how long this lasts.....)

Me: BS age 35
POS-eX-the SORRIEST, CRUELEST, LOWLY WAYWARD SCUMBAG out there
Married 14.5 years, together almost 16
DDay: 7-5-09
OC born: 7-23-09
no COM: tried 6 years frown
D filed 5/05/2011
D final 11/10/11
I was gaslighted for 2 years.

"You were not built for a safe story. Take risks and feel what it is like to actually be brave. It's worth it." Carlos Whittaker
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation