Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
ok that didn't help much. All I got was his home number. Where do I go to find his work number?

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
M
M
Originally Posted by darkamy
ok that didn't help much. All I got was his home number. Where do I go to find his work number?

Did you google his name? Try a simple internet search. Typing just his name should be enough unless it's a common one - if that's the case put in the city and state where he lives, as well.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
you could also try www.pipl.com it is a deep web search and finds things that google doesn't

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Here's a lovely tidbit I picked up.... SHE'S a CHOIR DIRECTOR at her church!

I have the church address and phone number. Would I go to hell for exposing her there????

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
P
P

I have the church address and phone number. Would I go to hell for exposing her there????

Run, do not walk, to her pastor and spill the beans. And no, you won't go to hell for exposing her. I suspect the good Lord would appreciate it.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
I think you would get an extra tick on the Heaven side of the equation if you exposed.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ok, so here was yesterday condensed.

Couldn't contact him directly in any way - no work place, no cell records and his house phone is connected to the OW mom's somehow. So I wrote a simple letter stating just the facts (that I was given by my WH) you know, dates places and the how's of the 2 getting together. Also all related phone numbers I have - including her's that is still active. (WH and OW bought phones just to talk "off-record")

Then I attached one chat log and 2 emails from the saved accounts. Sent it restricted and certified. Should get there Friday. He can refuse it but no one else can go pick it up without photo id and signature.

Before heading out the door to a t-ball practice HER MOM called me. She knew my H when her daughter and H were in high school and dated, but never really liked him. She called to see why my number was on her phone records again (same number as the OW uses apparently) so we get to chatting. I started in with "If I said something offensive to you on Friday night I apologize, that was not my intent. My INTENT was to talk to OW's H but I suppose it was divine intervention that I got you instead"

It was very civil (sounds like up to this point OW was painting me to be a crazy psycho - so typical right?!) she apologized for her daughters behavior and assured me that she is a VERY, VERY, involved mother and would in no way be taking her eyes off her daughter even for a second (I've heard stories from my in-laws, sounds true so I believed her) then she went on to tell some information that OW told her - "WH must have deleted all the emails and 2 email accounts" (H told me she hacked his accounts) "WH was relentless in persuing her...." like WH basically was 100% to blame, that sort of thing. OW and her H were going to counseling and keeping their family together, etc.

So we get off the phone, head to practice where we had to do a switcheroo with cars, kids, and time schedules. Before I drop the kids with him in the middle of practice, I mentioned the call - his face went white - I said "wow OW is really painting you out to be the major bad guy in all this!" - he said 'w-what do you mean?" "well, her mom told me OW is calling it all your fault, you wouldn't let up on contact even when she tried to stop it and basically is saying it was all YOUR fault"

OMG --- the LOOK on his face!!! I couldn't have made that look even if I gut-punched him! HE. WAS. CRUSHED. ( Do you know how much effort it was not to LAUGH right then and there?? ) So I had to get to my appointment so I left him to fend with the kids til around 9 last night.

the FIRST thing out of his mouth when we sat down to talk was the phone call - that phone call ATE at him for 4 hours til I got home. So I just skimmed over the call, just highlighting things I knew would upset him and just let him talk and talk.

He said he was worried OW would send me an email, faked by her (of course) to make it look like he tried to contact her, that he was just sort of waiting for another shoe to drop somewhere....

Man, this is so textbook - HOW?? How is it that ALL cheaters say the SAME WORDS?! Is it in the handbook?? LOL

hanging in for one more day.... just breathing....

Last edited by darkamy; 03/24/10 07:14 AM.

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
W
W
OMG --- the LOOK on his face!!! I couldn't have made that look even if I gut-punched him! HE. WAS. CRUSHED. ( Do you know how much effort it was not to LAUGH right then and there?? ) So I had to get to my appointment so I left him to fend with the kids til around 9 last night.

the FIRST thing out of his mouth when we sat down to talk was the phone call - that phone call ATE at him for 4 hours til I got home. So I just skimmed

Exposure is doing its job, dont let up dance2
Good job not Lbing hurray

Step up plan A , keep the momemtum going.

FBW(me)- 45
FWH- 53
D-day 4/29/08
Moving forward pursuing happiness & a loving Marriage with DH.
M
M

Amy, this is a great opportunity for exposure! I would call or email the pastor and the associate pastor and tell them about the affair. [cc several people so no one is tempted to deep 6 your email] The pastor can have a chat with the couple and will likely remove the OW from her position of leadership. She is unfit to lead because she is in a state of sin.

Great job on touching base with the OW mother and sending the letter! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So it's Friday. The day the letter I sent restricted and certified to the OWH is to arrive.....

Last night I also sent a carefully worded and respectful email to the Pastor of the church where the OW is choir director....

let's just sit back and see what happens next..........

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
S
S
((((AMY)))) I know what it feels like to just sit back and wait to see what is going to happen. It sucks. Hang in there. You have been doing GREAT up to this point and a lot of it is your own instincts so you are ahead of the curve.

You should expect WH to be VERY angry. HANG TIGHT. It's going to be an interesting day.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Scotland
You should expect WH to be VERY angry. HANG TIGHT. It's going to be an interesting day.

That is if he finds out. As of now he says there is NC. We'll see won't we...

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
_
_
DA

Well, first you're a crazy loon, then the fall back position of "he made me do it." Yea right (sarcasm alert). . .

This is called turning on the light and watching the dance, or something like that.

The truth is that a high school romance can rear its ugly head at anytime and anyplace. Somehow they got in touch with each other and she waved it at him and he took off after her like a bull moose. I dunno if I was the first to comment on the utter disaster a High School Reunion could be, but I have since seen more than one person make the point.

Infatuation is like a drug. A brain chemical fuels it. Eventually it just stops being produced, thud, and the two day, six week or year long high school infatuation ends. But the memory never does go completely away like with any other addiction. It can be refueled at some later date, usually for a shorter period of time and it takes good boundaries to stop it from happening.

And if refueled, consequences will help insure that it never, ever happens again. On your side is what you have learned and what you instinctively did at the beginning. On the OW side, maybe the Pastor and nobody else who knows a darn thing other than she has sinned.

That may not be fair, but it is what it is.

There will be bumps in the road. I think you will handle them just fine, like you are doing now.

Larry

_
_

Amy

As you have probably read, a no contact letter something that Dr. Harley recommends.

How should an unfaithful spouse tell his lover that their relationship is over? If left to their own devices, many would take a Caribbean cruise to say their final good-byes. Obviously, that will not do. In fact, I recommend that the final good-bye be in the form of a letter, and not in person or even by telephone.

My advice is to write a final letter in a way that the victimized spouse would agree to send it. It should begin with a statement of how selfish it was to cause those they loved so much pain, and while marital reconciliation cannot completely repay the offense, it's the right thing to do. A statement should be made about how much the unfaithful spouse cares about his spouse and family, and for their protection, has decided to completely end the relationship with the lover. He or she has promised never to see or communicate with the lover again in life, and asks the lover to respect that promise. Nothing should be said about how much the lover will be missed. After the letter is written, the victimized spouse should read and approve it before it is sent.

Mel has several excellent sample letters you can copy. I could be mean and recommend that it be sent via her mother, but, well, maybe not.

Larry

D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by _Larry_
DA

Well, first you're a crazy loon, then the fall back position of "he made me do it." Yea right (sarcasm alert). . .

Forgive me Larry, my senses being what they are right now - I cannot tell if "crazy loon" is term of endearment or an insult! LOL

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So the OWH received the letter (I got the slip from the certified mail back)

Now the OWs (secret) cell phone is disconnected. Letter successful in that regard.

Told WH about sending the letter, and that I sent one to her Pastor as well. He didn't get angry, he said I should "...do whatever I needed to do to feel more comfortable in this situation..." and that he wouldn't stand in the way of what I thought I needed to do.

He agreed to STD testing (again saying he'll do whatever I feel I need him to do)

Marriage counseling tomorrow evening with the wife of the Pastor that married us (Certified Christian counselor)

Watched Fireproof together last night - I am so not ready for a sappy love story AT ALL.

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
_
_
So the OWH received the letter (I got the slip from the certified mail back)

Now the OWs (secret) cell phone is disconnected. Letter successful in that regard.

Told WH about sending the letter, and that I sent one to her Pastor as well. He didn't get angry, he said I should "...do whatever I needed to do to feel more comfortable in this situation..." and that he wouldn't stand in the way of what I thought I needed to do.

He agreed to STD testing (again saying he'll do whatever I feel I need him to do)

Marriage counseling tomorrow evening with the wife of the Pastor that married us (Certified Christian counselor)

Watched Fireproof together last night - I am so not ready for a sappy love story AT ALL.

Ducked his head and took his punishment like a man. Good start. Don't overdo the resentment but a bit never hurts. He will try a bunch of shortcuts. You just proceed along one step at a time.

There are several schools of Christian Counseling. Several are good, several not so good. ANY Pastor has a target on his head. Needy women usually flock around them and I would bet that Pastor's wife is skilled at the task of insuring her marriage. This is especially true since she is certified. Hmmmmm? wink

You do have SAA and have read it, right?

You are safe here Amy. Keep up the good work, one step at a time.

Larry

D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by _Larry_
You do have SAA and have read it, right?

Larry

I do not. That's next on the list to purchase. MIL sent HNHN and LoveBusters to us from Amazon.

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Are there any other must have books to look at??

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
_
_
Are there any other must have books to look at??

SAS is the FIRST book to read. Until you get it, read the synopsis HERE -> see the link in the right hand menu "How to Survive Infidelity." Click and read asap.

There are tons of books. Sometimes too many. HNHN, Love Busters and SAA are the basics. When you get more advanced, there are others. Reading and posting to the forums is like a book as well because of all the examples and the thinking process.

Larry

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 510 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation