Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2346144 03/31/10 02:18 PM
S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Found this post from Schoolbus that I happened to email to my sister re polygraph questions. It was lost in the crash so I am reposting in case it would be helpful to anyone. (Once my sister's WH agreed to the poly, she printed these questions and left them on the kitchen table...he confessed the next day)

To read this topic, click this link

The selected thread posts follow:

schoolbus: Re: FWH Goes Back On His Promise
My questions:

1. Have you ever, at any time, in any place, during the entire course of your marital relationship, touched another woman's body in a manner that your wife would object to if she were to have caught you doing it?

2. Has your mouth ever sexually touched any part of another woman's body during your marriage?

3. Has your P ever touched any part of another woman's body during your marriage?

4. Has another woman's mouth ever touched any part of your body below the waist during the marriage?

5. Has another woman's hand or body part ever touched any part of your body......etc.

No wiggle room.

I go for the global questions - and capture the flag. Then, after the wiggle room has been narrowed down, I can get to the details after they squirm for a bit.

Call me ruthless.

SB

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P
This is great! Hope HH sees this, these same type of questions can be asked in a deposition and expounded on big time!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
G
G
note - my BH had to take a polygraph for a possible job.

They asked him a series of questions related to drinking

His score indicated he was lying and he failed test and didnt get job.

He wasnt lieing
He doesnt drink
His parents are alcoholics and he has a very strong emotional reaction to any drug or alcohol use.

Polygraphs can get false results if a person has an emotional reaction even if they are telling the truth.

They may be a good way to get someone to tell the truth as a threat - but they can be wrong.

I cringe when I see BS behing advised to get their WS to take one...I cringe when I see WSs offering to take them...they are not admissible in court for a reason, they are not reliable.

I am a FWW - I am not lying to my H...and I am all for Plan A and Plan B and even plan D if the WW wont defogged and realize how increadibly stupid they are behaving. Seriously not in support of Wayward life style...just...polygraphs are not reliable.

My two cents.

Last edited by SisterReed; 03/31/10 03:49 PM.
S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I know there are people who argue that polys aren't accurate. I don't have any personal experience w/them.

There was a "vet" poster who doesn't seem to be around anymore, medc, who had both personal and professional experience with polys and said that they were, in fact, accurate. I believe he was in law enforcement and also had taken three himself. Gary Neuman who is also an "infidelity" expert/marriage counselor argues that they are accurate. He was on Oprah on an episode about affairs, and they actually had one of the featured couples go take one and discussed the results on the show. The WS passed in that case. I can find the link if anyone is interested.

Anyway, I am not posting this to debate with you, SR. This is for any BS who is considering asking their WS for a poly. I think it can be a very effective tool in getting the truth, and like we have seen over and over again, many WS will confess before even getting to the poly (like in the case with my sister's WH that I posted about above).

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
F
F
It's been my experience that lie detectors are effective and accurate when the subject believes them to be so.

In many states, the results of lie detectors are inadmissible in a court of law. This is because they are known to be unreliable.

How they work and why they are unreliable is discussed is here.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mature, 1 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation