Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by not2fun
Okkkkayyyy....you all asked for it...

Aggie's a 160 lb. English Mastiff.....

She's tall enough, she only needs to lift her chin up a bit to snatch some food off the counter..... grumble

She's tall enough, that when she can "sit" on the couch like a person.....

She's also tall enough that she could get her own ice from the ice dispenser in the fridge......

till she broke it from over-use..... rant2

She's tall enough that all 5 of her family members can love on her at the same time.....

she's my first dog.....

She'll be my last dog..... rotflmao

not2fun

This one goes in the Notable Posts thread !
hurray

N
N
Originally Posted by Pepperband
This one goes in the Notable Posts thread !
hurray
faint

.....my 3 am, spelling typo filled post about my DOG???!?!?!.....

And all this time I've been trying SOOOOO hard to sound wise and smart...... doh2

go figure...... crazy

just teasing ya Pep....... kiss

I do have another cute story to share....

A couple of yearez ago, I was having a Pampered Chec party. It was a couple days after Halloween. The consultant came early to do her set up. She went to put something in the microwave and I heard her laugh. I asked her what was so funny.

She said she found the bowl of Halloween candy in the microwave and she thought that it wasn't that great of a hiding place. Surely the kids would find it there.

Well, it was MY turn to laugh. I told I wasn't hiding it from the kids......we were hiding it from the DOG!!!!!...... rotflmao

You just can't leave food ANYWHERE with a dog Aggie's size!!!!'

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by not2fun
She said she found the bowl of Halloween candy in the microwave and she thought that it wasn't that great of a hiding place. Surely the kids would find it there.

Well, it was MY turn to laugh. I told I wasn't hiding it from the kids......we were hiding it from the DOG!!!!!...... rotflmao

When I was growing up, our dog was some sort of a sheltie-other mix. Her name was Nancy.
The Easter Bunny hid all the eggs in our back yard.
Nancy got let out to do her business early Easter morn.
We found little piles of colored egg shells where there once were hidden eggs.
Nancy, had found, peeled, consumed 2 DOZEN hard boiled eggs.

Nancy was, needless to say, SICK AS A DOG!
Lying on her side.
Her belly was all bloated with gas.
She had that "guilty dog" expression on her face.
She survived to live a long and happy doggie life.

P
OP Offline
P
SusieQ

Your pup is simply adorable!

P
OP Offline
P
I love this guys YouTube videos.

M
M
Susie, I love your little dog! what a cutie! I have 2 little toy minature schnauzers that I just adore; Molly and Greta. My son, a lab owner, calls them "squirrels" and said he would rather go buy me tampons than be seen with my "chick dogs!" dramaqueen [I had him take his sisters to the groomers once and he said it was humiliating cry]

Here are my little dogs in their Christmas collars helping my son's fiance open her gifts: [Linked Image from sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Mel, awwww, what a great pic! Your girls are gorgeous...and I LOVE their names smile

I had to laugh about your son. My H who wasn't thrilled about little doggies (previous shepherd lover/owner) is crazy about our Hav, carries him around and cuddles him all the time. I should post one of those pics. It's really cute.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
OP Offline
P
Molly & Greta are your son's sisters?
rotflmao

C
C
[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/54478620@N00/3163813838/[/img]

Zoe

C
C
how do I put in the photos? HELP!!!

I will share.

V
V
I'm pretty sure the photos have to be online somewhere, so your own website, or a photo hosting site like
Flikr

or
Photobucket

The images you have on those sites will have a permanent address you'll need.

Then in the full reply screen use the image icon to put the picture in or type out the code
[ img ]Address of your image here[ /img ] (remove the spaces from between the brackets ([])

Hope that was clear as mud.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
C
C
[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/54478620@N00/2317999150/[/img]

C
C
so, vib, what's wrong? [img]http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=54478620%40N00&q=zoe&m=text[/img]

C
C
darnydarn

V
V

hmmm no workie - I usually use photobucket not flicker but what I think is that this link is to the PAGE with your dog's pic on it (very cute btw), not a link to the actual PICTURE itself, which is what you need. In flikr is there a link somewhere called 'direct link' or something similar?

Lemme go make a flikr acct and test...

-----------
K - right click on the picture you want and select 'Copy Image URL'. The address is then put in your clipboard. Come back here and paste it between the [img ] boxes.
[Linked Image from farm4.static.flickr.com]

Testing, testing

Last edited by Vibrissa; 04/28/10 08:40 AM.

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
C
C
thanks!

V
V
Cinder I edited my post and got it working - lookie ^

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
C
C
Originally Posted by Vibrissa

That is Zoe, my wunder hunde, and here is her story.

My daughter had wanted a dog for YEARS and my son had reached the age where he was dog agreeable. We had 2 cats - both with short tails). One night, while they were at their dad's, I realized it was time for dog shopping. We were in process of adopting at our local Humane Society shelter but someone beat us to her. The shelter employees literally took the dog out of the hands of my 14 year old daughter who cried.

So, I looked online at rescue groups in our area on www.petfinders.com and found a dog whose story touched me....she and 7 other puppies had been rescued from a 12x12 pen and had no human contact unless someone came out to feet them. She was a 10 month old blue heeler/terrier mix: crate trained, almost house-trained, spayed, and delayed but progressing in social skills. She was gentle, loving, and submissive.

We got the required supplies, compiled a list of possible names, and went to meet her. Just before the foster parents got her out of their van, I told one of my children that it would be a sign that she was ours if she had a short tail. Sure enough, she has only a button of a tail. She and the children took to each other so we headed home with her.

That day, she started responding to the name "Zoe" which means 'life'. And she seemed to prefer my daughter.

Fast forward about 9 days....daughter's guidance counselor from school calls just as we are getting ready to leave for work/school. My daughter had basically left a suicide note on her locker and it had been found. Within 12 hours, she was in an adolescent psychiatric hospital being treated for depression.

I took her school books to her because they have a certified school program there. She couldn't have family pictures there but I managed to get a photo of the dog tucked into one of the books. 8 days later, she was better and came home after disclosing that my only nephew had been sexually abusing her for over 18 months.

The picture of the dog had helped her find the courage to speak the words she feared. Zoe (Life) helped my daughter regain her life. She is not only part blue heeler but she is totally 'blues healer'.

(My daughter is doing well. You would not know what we've been through unless you heard the story. She is in college and still calls the dog her 'baby'. But the dog continues her happiness unabated even though only son and I are at home.)

P
P

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
C
C
Pariah, I thought of you the other day. I was in target and saw this toddler in the shopping cart seat. He had very fine blond hair. He looked like he had never had a hair cut. The stuff around the sides and the back was laying downlike normal. But every hair on the top of his head was sticking straight up and you could tell there was no product on it to get it to do that. He looked, to me, like a little cockatoo with his blonde comb sticking straight up.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation