Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 100 of 100 1 2 98 99 100
F
F
Oh! Arcadia is great! The school district is awesome. Good for him. I sure understand he will want down time with his family once they get here. He must really miss being around them full time. Yes, anytime give me a shout out and we will get together again. Both of us really enjoyed meeting you.

We are doing really well. We started Love Busters a few weeks ago. Haven't gotten too far yet but I am hopeful. smile

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
Originally Posted by lildoggie
Dare I ask what a wagbag is?

Far right hand side of the page
http://www.gocleanwaste.com/products#pop

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
L
L
oh.

That's different

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
S
Originally Posted by faithful follower
Oh! Arcadia is great! The school district is awesome. Good for him. I sure understand he will want down time with his family once they get here. He must really miss being around them full time. Yes, anytime give me a shout out and we will get together again. Both of us really enjoyed meeting you.

B said you guys were cool, and he ASKED ME if we were going to have dinner with you again. I said we could probably make it work. It's just the timing. I would love to have my W along too.

We are doing really well. We started Love Busters a few weeks ago. Haven't gotten too far yet but I am hopeful. smile

That was more helpful for us than HNHN. Dr Harley not only gives names to the behaviors, he explains them so well that both of us knew what he meant, and why we needed to change. Now if we have a conversation where one of us gets off track, we just say "disrespectful judgment" or whatever it is, and the other knows exactly what they did, and why they need to back up and start over.
I really liked that one.

The kids are well too?
You have vacation plans for this summer?

We may just camp close to home this summer, it's cheaper.

Sorry about the vacation plans question, but I couldn't resist. blush

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
F
F
hmmm...vacation....hmmmm

Well no to be honest. H does not like to take time off because he does not get paid. We do hope to go on a short trip alone at some point if we can get DS cared for. DD17 and I are planning a m/d trip to NYC in the fall.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
Yes, kids are well. DD17 made varsity cheer. She will be a senior next year. sigh... DS is doing well except for flare ups of his asthma.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
One of my favorite quotes from Stephen Covey's "7 habits" book.

Nobody has ever said on their death bed, "I wish I'd spent more time at work"

I may not have quoted that exactly, but the thought is correct.

I know we need to pay our bills. But you have to put first things first sometimes. It's amazing what happens when you do.

I hope the two of you get some time to your selves.
When you do, you'll find out that there is still magic in romance.

NYC sounds fun.
Broadway?
OR just the total experience?

SS

S
S
Originally Posted by faithful follower
Yes, kids are well. DD17 made varsity cheer. She will be a senior next year. sigh... DS is doing well except for flare ups of his asthma.

I should bring our twins (DD's) when we come. They will be seniors next year too. They turn 17 in May.

Asthma can be tough. They do seem to grow out of it some..... at least many kids seem to.

Our #3 son is a professional wild-lands fire fighter these days, and he had asthma so bad as a child that he had to carry an inhaler to school by doctors orders.

I hope your DS improves as he gets older.

SS

T
T
Well, THAT was a surprise to see this thread at the top 'o the heap!! mr eek Hi, SS, et al. Just wanted to say that wagbags are WAY too sophisticated for any juvenile male in this family. MrRollieEyes We should have Neak tell about her personal experience in this circumstance. Why not? We've told pretty much everything else! crazyblushcrazy

tl

S
S
I was hoping T&L would come by.

It's good to hear from EVERYONE ! ! Maybe CC will comment too.

What are your plans T&L? I haven't heard any thing lately. How are neaksis and children?

And the boys?

And everyone?

SS

C
C
Hi everyone!
I'm still around, at least THIS thread.

About two months ago I sold the house, finally! that is the last thing to link me to WH except for our daughters. It took me a month to empty the house and then I moved into my mother's with my youngest daughter. It's not easy to live with my mother but I remind myself all the time that it is actually better for her since she is 86, living alone, had surgery last year for colon cancer which had already spread so she gets weaker every day. She's very stubborn and tries to carry on as though everything were fine but I think it is a relief for her to have us around.

So although I am looking for a place to buy I'm in no hurry. The sale has meant contact with WH, and even though it's been 5 years and nothing has changed with respect to his A, I still find it hard. I am as civil as I can be ... but I'm longing for all this to be over.

the twins moved into a rented apartment together and seem to be doing fine.

I'm still not divorced! seems WH is in no hurry, but the sale of the house must have reminded him that his new lawyer is not very efficient. the first one did nothing for a whole year and this second one has done nothing for 10 months now. WH has poor choice in the the people he surrounds himself with!

Other than that work is a bore ,,, no trips in view for the moment, at least not until I've moved into a place of my own and have my life on track again.

at least everyday is different and one never knows what might happen.

Glad to see that everyone is doing OK!

S
S
at least everyday is different and one never knows what might happen.

Yes, who knows........ we may all come see you next month, and let you show us around.

Sorry work is a bore. I have been working so much the last few months, that I have not have time for much else.

Were you sad to move out? Or are you glad to be done with it?
Both?

Did the contact with WH have any effect on you?

SS

C
C
I'd love it if you all came! it's automn here and spring over there so you would do better to enjoy the good weather (especially neak and family) and come when it's winter over there and summer here!

No I did not regret leaving the house and everytime I have to go back to get things or get the mail etc I feel indifferent and lately I realize that I needed to get away from it. I love making plans about living in other places I see, but I had no plans about living in that house anymore. It's just part of the past. Remember also that WH's A started and thrived in that house because he had business there and OW was his secretary...
On the other hand, as Dr., Harley has taught me, when you make many sacrifices you then feel rejection... I sacrificed a lot in and for that house so I suppose it's natural that I ahould now reject it.

I'm looking forward to having my very own place and I want to make sure that I really like it because I don't plan to move again in the near future.

as for work, one never knows...at least i have work. I'm not complaining....

C
C
Hello, Friends!

[Linked Image from serve.mysmiley.net]

S
S
Hello Cinderella............ what in the world is going on at your house these days?

SS

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm going to have to blog about it in a bit, but we have a new and hopefully temporary houseguest: a female sharp-tailed grouse. Something is wrong with its leg and wing, so the Dervish caught it and brought it home.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
If it doesn't get well and move out, Clancy will take care of its "temporariness". I wouldn't worry about it becoming a permanent resident. Much.MrRollieEyes

tl

C
C
has been monsoon season at work....now drought

DD is finishing her first year of college and loves it. will be home in a week or two!!!

DS is finishing 10th grade at school and is loving it. Ready for summer.

Dog is fine. Cats are fine.

My body feels out of whack. Sleep isn't right - in addition to there not being enough of it. Life is sweet, otherwise.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Got this in my email...

A young couple moved into a new neighbourhood
The next morning while they were eating breakfast,
The young woman saw her neighbour hanging the wash outside.
'That laundry is not very clean,' she said.
'She doesn't know how to wash correctly.
Perhaps she needs better laundry soap.'
Her husband looked on, but remained silent.
Every time her neighbour would hang her wash to dry,
The young woman would make the same comments.
About one month later, the woman was surprised to see
a nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:
'Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
I wonder who taught her this.'
The husband said, 'I got up early this morning and
Cleaned our windows.'

And so it is with life.
What we see when watching others
depends on the window through which we look.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 100 of 100 1 2 98 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation