Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
There! Dr. H said it. Plan C (Compromise) is NOT something he recommends and more than likely you'll end up divorced if you try it instead of his recommended Plans A & B.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
show is on!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Bummer had a meeting so I missed it - was it good (need I even ask?)

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
M
M
I missed it, too, but listening to the prerecorded stream. I'm not sure if it's the same show or not.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
OP Offline
M
I am listening to the re-broadcast and they are asking that you email Joyce before the show with your question at jharley@marriagebuilders.com

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Tuning in - Got my little rear handed to me listening to the show 2 days ago, lets see what happens this time.

grin

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
M
M
When Joyce introduces her husband, she needs to mention he's her husband. laugh

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
V
V
Interesting Show today.

Caller in the second half dealing with his wife having an affair with her boss for over 1 year.

What I found interesting is the caller was counselling with SH who advised him to hold off on exposure until Plan B begins which will be soon. Dr. H stated several times that he may be a bit more hard line on this than his son, as he recommends a WIDE SPREAD Exposure ASAP. I can't even imagine the pain of the poor man watching his wife go to her AP every morning for A YEAR!!!! He called the non-exposure what it is: enabling.

He did a bit of a shout out to y'all too - he mentioned the numerous affairs on this forum that ended due to exposure.

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
G
G
Hi Vibrissa! I listened to most of the show....(missed the 1st 8mins of it) but I was really surprised that the man caller said he had counseled with the son (Steve) and was advised not to expose! To wait until Plan B....it didn't make sense to me....this caller must be mixed up.

I mean he said his wife has been in the affair for 2yrs now....he found out when she was 1yr in and has plan A for 1yr now w/o doing exposure....surely Steve didn't tell him to wait a yr to expose....I think that just can't be right.

The advice Dr.H gave him on the show today was spot on...and what he should have done 1yr ago....I think the caller was relucant to do it and maybe he only recently called for a phone session to Steve and that's what is all mixed up with it.

Too bad he didn't do exposure right away 1yr ago....he could have killed that A....I feel so bad for his kids....nobody in that family even knows about the Wife's A....the H has kept it all a big secret.....and also in our state you can't move over 100 miles away from your spouse when you get a D....they have rights to see the kids also....so telling him to take them and move to another state isn't gonna work in court....this man really really blew it by waiting.

He is better off.....doing exposure to ALL NOW and then doing plan A....like he should have in the beginning and seeing if he can't end the A.

Sorry got carried away.

V
V
gem- hiya!

I agree with you. It is possible that it got all mixed up b/c I can't imagine SH counselling to wait on exposure (albeit I've never counselled with him just going based on what people round here say).

It's possible he just recently called SH and since he's going into a plan B pretty soon he advised waiting.

Harley also said to tell the kids and even advised the father and kids move away, leaving the wife to her AP. He was pretty hard line about it: tell everyone, don't help her get her own place, if possible take a job in a new city and dark Plan B.

My heart aches for the poor man living that way for a year, and his poor kids feeling their world crumbling around them and not knowing why.

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
M
M
Looks like they are doing a shout out to all of us Texans by playing "Yellow Rose of Texas." Thanks, Brian, on the radio program. smile

Joyce Harley didn't know that the Yellow Rose of Texas was a person...

P
P

rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by markos
Looks like they are doing a shout out to all of us Texans by playing "Yellow Rose of Texas." Thanks, Brian, on the radio program. smile

I MISSED YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS!!??? dramaqueen

Exposure 101

O
O
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
gem- hiya!

I agree with you. It is possible that it got all mixed up b/c I can't imagine SH counselling to wait on exposure (albeit I've never counselled with him just going based on what people round here say).

It's possible he just recently called SH and since he's going into a plan B pretty soon he advised waiting.

Harley also said to tell the kids and even advised the father and kids move away, leaving the wife to her AP. He was pretty hard line about it: tell everyone, don't help her get her own place, if possible take a job in a new city and dark Plan B.

My heart aches for the poor man living that way for a year, and his poor kids feeling their world crumbling around them and not knowing why.

Either that, or Dr H got off the radio and gave his son what-for!

M
M
Am I crazy, or is today's program a program I've heard before?

M
OP Offline
M
RERUN! sigh

Exposure 101

M
M
"I generally recommend that men stay in plan A as long as they possibly can." (verbatim quote from Dr. Harley)

"Even at the expense of their health, to some extent, because women respond better to plan A" (paraphrased)

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
RERUN! sigh

I think it gave me the chance to hear the beginning of the show which I must have missed the first time. smile

By the way, for anyone who hasn't realized, yet, you can listen to old shows 24/7. They aren't too different from the new shows. I'm sure MelodyLane has them memorized, but for the rest of us, there's not too much difference between catching an old show and a new one.

L
L
grumble I cant listen to it. I have downloaded all the suggested plug in's and I still cant get it to work.
cry I'm missing outtttttttttttttttt.

*sniffle*

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
OP Offline
M
bump - it's on!

Exposure 101

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation