Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 87 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 86 87
lunamare #2366099 05/01/10 04:57 PM
B
B
Hi Luna! Long time no see.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
lunamare #2366100 05/01/10 05:00 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by lunamare
I think I might be able to write a script file that could make that happen...

Great Mark. Now, that's 'team work'. grin

Aren't you proud of us, Mel? cool

hey luna, girl!! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2366153 05/01/10 09:51 PM
T
T
Mel, they are being so mean....all those bad voices

If you send me your address, I'll send you some of my psychedelic, psychotropic, I mean anti-psychotic meds to make the voices stop. And I won't give the address to the paparazzi or anything, I pwomise smile

Tawandabelle #2366154 05/01/10 09:54 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Mel, they are being so mean....all those bad voices

If you send me your address, I'll send you some of my psychedelic, psychotropic, I mean anti-psychotic meds to make the voices stop. And I won't give the address to the paparazzi or anything, I pwomise smile

its alright, Lou, I have voodoo dolls with all your names on em! grin

[Linked Image from cheesebuerger.de]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2366155 05/01/10 09:56 PM
T
T
Oh good! Please take some of the stuffing out of mine to make me skinny, and stick some monopoly money in my pocket so I can retire.

Tawandabelle #2366159 05/01/10 10:20 PM
B
B
Well..... seeing how the subject is actually tools now, ML is a tool for asking Revera to change the thread title!

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #2366160 05/01/10 10:26 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Well..... seeing how the subject is actually tools now, ML is a tool for asking Revera to change the thread title!

Foreign devils cannot trash Americans in America, BigK!! This board is in America. So knock it off forthwith! cry

Exposure 101

W
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Just wanted to say goodbye to the many great folks here. I am well into my recovery and really don't feel, from the lack of response from others, that I have anything productive to contribute here.

I appreciate all the help and the friendship I have received from so many of you over the years and apologize to those I offended with my blunt style. Take care and God Bless!

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: MelodyLane ]</small>

You never offended me, Mel. All those times you called me names and chit, well I just took it like a man. What else could I do.

I knew all along you were a Yooper and were over-extending...

I mean over-projecting.

No, I mean, what's that word, Mel?

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by weaves
[
You never offended me, Mel. All those times you called me names and chit, well I just took it like a man. What else could I do.?

ok, who let the yoopers in here??? ITs carbide precision tools to you, Lady, no more goodbyecruel world! sigh

Exposure 101

W
W
Hey, I was just reading the thread. I was posting from the beginning post on this thread. How was I to know it had changed.

I do have a handheld electric drill with a carbide bit, though.

And, I also have a set of Wear Ever stainless steel, lifetime guaranteed cook wear.

So, precise that.

W
W
I called my little girl up today because I saw the cutest little MGM Miget two seater red convertible on craigslist.

It was only $3,000 and she has been saving up for a car.

I told her I could get it and my husband could get it up to her. Do you know what she said?

"I kind of have my heart set on an Escalade!" A Ford Escalade!

So of course I said, "nothing says FU to the earth like a Ford Escalade"

She hung up on me. My fifteen yo DD! Our first fight, over a car.

What 15 yo girl wants an Escalade?

M
OP Offline
M
A smart girl!! Even though I can't believe she turned down a cute convertible. What WAS the girl thinking? Hard to believe that child is already 15. WOW!

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by weaves
I called my little girl up today because I saw the cutest little MGM Miget two seater red convertible on craigslist.

It was only $3,000 and she has been saving up for a car.

I told her I could get it and my husband could get it up to her. Do you know what she said?

"I kind of have my heart set on an Escalade!" A Ford Escalade!

So of course I said, "nothing says FU to the earth like a Ford Escalade"

She hung up on me. My fifteen yo DD! Our first fight, over a car.

What 15 yo girl wants an Escalade?

rotflmao

Ford doesn't make the Escalade....Cadillac does.

rotflmao

You see a lot of them with virtually blacked out tinted windows and spinner wheel covers.

rotflmao

Sort of a rich thug mobile.

rotflmao

Tiger Woods drives one. Steve McNair's ho-mistress/murderer drove one.

puke

Last edited by cinderella; 05/01/10 11:20 PM.
W
W
Yes, 15 going on 110.

She got herself a job at Dutch Village, dancing in wooden shoes and taking care of the goats. She absolutely hates it, but we forbid her to quit, ever!

Her poor little feet. She has to wear eight pairs of socks under those wooden shoes.

She's a tough little thing. She'll be fine.

LOL

(I'm not kidding either, that's her summer job. Oh lord, but she needs to be tough to survive in this cruel world, eh, Mel? Hahaha) Sorry. laugh

W
W
Yes, she did mention something about spinner wheel covers.

Dang, that so explains it. A thug mobile.

I am so onto her, now. Thanks, Cinders.

W
W
Of course it's a Cadillac, I always thought Ford made them, but a good friend of ours always buys Cadillacs and she now has an Escalade. Should have known. She is kind of an idol of my daughters.

T
T
We have a lot of people who drop off their kids in Escalades at my school. They are usually black or cream colored. My first car was a 1976 Datsun 200sx. It had been blue, but someone had painted it orange and put those stick-on racing stripes on the side. The air conditioning dripped on the feet of the passenger's side, but it had FM radio so I was happy! Ah, memories.

I must say, I feel somewhat disillusioned. Here I was thinking Mel was this kindred spirit old school southern lady, and she's talking about carbide precision tools! I don't even know what those are! Excuse me while I - a REAL southern belle - go to find my hoop skirt and some lemonade. Fiddle-dee-dee!

S
S

OMG, Mel, title change...Mel vodoo dolls....OMG rotflmao rotflmao

OMG, Mels a tool (who said that one) OMG, im dying here rotflmao

Last edited by stillhere8126; 05/02/10 07:31 AM. Reason: remove quote, accident

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Toolin' around in an Escalade...

And BTW, Weaver, the Midget was from British Leyland (MG=Morris Garages). They also made Jaguar, Triumph, Riley, Autsin, Rover... and in a stroke of engineering brilliance redesigned the Cooper Mini into the Mini Metro and also built the first (and only) car to ever have a square steering wheel (the Allegro) and a windshield that popped out when you hit a bump...

MGM makes movies...

Now Mel strikes me more as a F150 kind of gal... F150s can haul a lot of stuff home from Walmart and the kids like ridding in the back to keep the stuff from blowing out onto the road. Gotta keep the dog up front though. Takes a lot of work to train a good huntin' dog and if he jumps out to go after a squirrel at 70 MPH, it would be a catastrophe...

F150s tow the trailer better when it's time to move, too...

And when all that stuff goes on sale right after Christmas, you can really load up and be the envy of the neighbors next year. Here's a picture from Mel's Christmas card to show you what I'm talking about:[Linked Image from farm4.static.flickr.com]

T
T
For shame, Mark. REAL women only live in double-wides. How else can we fit our Precious Moments figurine display cases against the wall????

Page 39 of 87 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 86 87

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation