Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Bumping for another question....

Can I call in the power of a restraining order or protection from abuse order? I'm not in law enforcement or a lawyer by any means so here's the best place I can think to ask?

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
P
P
Can I call in the power of a restraining order or protection from abuse order? I'm not in law enforcement or a lawyer by any means so here's the best place I can think to ask?

Woah.... where did this come from? Is this related to your situation?

If you were the one who got the order (as in victim) then you are the only one who could blow the whistle if it was violated. If you don't report it, it's only as good as the paper it's written on. As far as "calling it in"-- I suppose you could file a motion to dismiss it if it was issued by a Court, or you could write a letter requesting a dismissal to the agency.

I suggest calling the agency/court that issued the PO and ask them directly.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
No, I haven't had an order yet. I'm just wondering outloud about legal means if this OP contacts him/us again.

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
How long did/does it take you to feel "happy" again?

He's doing everything I ask. He's given me all passwords and access to all accounts he didn't cancel after dday. He's as transparent in all things as a pane of windexed glass (and I'm monitoring all things to double check)

So how come I still feel so unhappy?

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
M
M
Originally Posted by darkamy
So how come I still feel so unhappy?

Because your foundation has been rocked to the core. You have discovered that your reality has been a sham. This is a very traumatic experience. It causes you to look at everything differently. You trusted and your trust was abused. You dared to be vulnerable to hurt, and your WH took advantage of that vulnerability in the worst possible way.

Now here you are, in the ashes of what was once your "reality". One thing I can tell you that will hopefully be of some consolation: it is unlikely that anything you ever experience in this lifetime will hurt you like this again. You have experienced the worst possible thing that could befall a human.

Your cut is very deep and very new. It's going to take some time to heal from this. Your WH is doing what he needs to do. The only thing that can't be given to you is time. And that's going to eventually be your friend.

It will get better, Amy. There was a time when I thought I would never laugh again, never have a conscious thought that didn't include the infidelity. I thought I was doomed to wake every morning with the A immediately on my mind. I thought I could never look at my H and not think of his A. But time has helped with all of that. It will get better.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

D
darkamy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Bliss, it feels like Groundhog Day here. He's getting every need met he could have ever wanted and *it feels like* all he had to do was start f-ing another woman to get it.

I've been wracking my brain to figure out if all my ENs are being met (he's meeting the ones I've IDed plus some...), if I've identified the right ones for me (I think I have...), if there's anything more I could ask him to do to help (anything I've asked so far he's done without a second thought or complaint...), but it just seems like I'm still unhappy.

I hesitate to go to the dr's for ADs because I'm still nursing the baby but maybe that's something I should do next to get over this little bump....

BS(me)-39 WH -35
met 1994 married 1999
DD Mar 19, 2010
nc Mar 21
son 6
son 4
daughter 10m
M
M
Originally Posted by darkamy
Thanks Bliss, it feels like Groundhog Day here. He's getting every need met he could have ever wanted and *it feels like* all he had to do was start f-ing another woman to get it.

Don't dwell on this too much. It will breed resentment. If your H is truly remorseful he'll be hurting, too. He won't be thinking "Cool - I screwed OW and now my life is great."

My H's A was our wake-up call, too. We've talked about our needs and done the ENQ. He has cried his eyes out more than once and has said "If anyone could see what the END of an A looks like, they would never start."

Your H has paid a price.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 468 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation