Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23749 10/24/99 09:41 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
I need some advise before I go crazy! This is the story: My H was involved with OW for about one month (emails, phone calls, meetings) before I discovered it. I never let on that I knew, since I needed PROOF. The OW H discovered the affair also and blew the whistle on them before it got sexual. My H was remorseful and we both agreed to work on our marriage. He made a promise to me that he would not contact her again. Everything was going fine for several weeks, until I had a "feeling" they were communicating again. (They do alot of AOL Instant Mail, and I cant track that). When I confronted him (without any proof) he is the KING of Deny and Lie!<BR>What I think they are doing now is communicating, but VERY carefully. I think they are probably emailing from work and talking on the phone during work hours. Everywhere I have checked and searched comes up clean. But still I have a persistent uneasy feeling about it. I know in my heart it is still going on and need to know a way to find out the truth. It was easier knowing the truth, then not knowing and constanting wondering. Any advise please?<BR>

#23750 10/24/99 10:02 PM
F
F
Aces<BR>Wow, my H had 4 week affair than had yet to turn sexual. I think he was meaning to walk away when I discovered, and I don't think he saw her except to say it was over.<P>However, I am sure he spent the next 8 weeks on the phone with her. It is 10 months later, and I still do not quite get it.<P>After several months of not talking about it and really doing well in recovery, we had quite a talk today where I told him all the pain I was still in even though I no longer feel threatened by his relationship.<P>I know believe he went in it somewhat naive (she kissed him after meeting him in a bar).<BR>I don't think he ever was looking to leave me or our girls. I don't think he ever became emotionally involved with her significantly...I think he was more curious than anything (he didn't date much before me). <P>Still, for whatever reason, he could not just let it go that easily. I think he felt guilty because she was professing her great love after two weeks (gag), she probibly provided comfort while I was a basket case and I think she was threatening to embarrass him or me (although I'm not sure about that).<BR>Anyway, I found out he was still in phone contact and he said he was ready to end it and I believe he did.<P>In other words, I really didn't manipulate the outcome. He wanted to leave the relationship, but my broken heart, or even his intentions, was quite enough to make a clean break right away.<P>On the bright side, when it was time, I don't think it was all that difficult. I don't think he had any real withdrawl or even missed her.<P>Don't know if this is a comfort or not, but it is the brutal truth.<P>I am sorry for your pain.<P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13

#23751 10/24/99 10:27 PM
K
K
I am a firm believer in following your "gut instinct". I even believe it can be one way the good Lord protects and/or communicates with us. <BR>That persistent uneasy feeling may or may not mean anything. I'm not sure HOW you can find out if indeed there is still contact between your H and OW. Since I also believe in "do something wrong and you will eventually get caught", your H may "slip" and "tell" on himself. Problem is waiting for that to happen. Sorry I can't offer any great advice and like FHL said...I'm sorry for your pain.<P>------------------<BR>For I know the thoughts I think<BR>toward you, saith the Lord,<BR>thoughts of peace, not of evil,<BR>to give you an expected end.<BR>Jeremiah 29:11<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation