Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2377486 05/21/10 03:28 PM
K
KayC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Someone I know is married and a couple of weeks ago his wife started picking fights with him and all of a sudden now she wants a divorce and wants him out NOW!

IMHO, this reeks of her having an affair. What do you think? He is blindsided and I'm encouraging him to come on here.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
P
P
From what little info you've given, it could very well be an affair. We probably need a lot more details. You're a good friend for suggesting MB.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Yup, red flag. He needs to snoop snoop snoop!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
T
T
Tell him to NOT leave the marital home. Tell him to come here and provide more information, and to read up on all of the basics, and yes, tell him that he needs to snoop to determine whether she's having an affair.

It does not look good -- even though the background info is limited.

TBC

K
KayC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
A person is limited in how much they can involve themselves at work, but I did give him MB site and told him it seems like a red flag of an affair to me, and to go to this site and find the infidelity section and post his story and there are good experts here who can guide him. I also cautioned against leaving the home. However, a guy at work offered him a place to stay and since his wife is pressuring him to leave and making it miserable, he's moving in with him. I told him it's up to him but if he wants to save the marriage, his best bet is to NOT leave and she can't always get her way just by demanding it. However, he can't afford their rent by himself and I rather imagine she's putting the screws to him financially as well. I also told him it helps to know what you're dealing with. He did tell me he'd check this site out. Thanks guys!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation