Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 86 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 85 86
A
A
you want to lose gradually. Fast weight loss leads to muscle loss which is a metabolically active tissue, meaning it burns calories for you.
One pound a week is the limit, you will be damaging yourself if you lose more than that.
Excercise is the key.
What is it that you are doing now. Do you walk to your mailbox, or do you walk at all?
Are you physically active
blessing

atena
J
J
Hope Eternal - am still reading up on your thread, but I just wanted to let you know that you are getting wonderful advice. No matter how bad things may or may not have been in your marriage, you did NOTHING to deserve to be cheated on. NOTHING - remember this no matter what: IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

Aetna is right - try to focus on the positive. Some days, that will be really hard to do, but it will get easier every day. The darker you stay in Plan B, the better you will feel. Trust me - I thought I was doing well, but even little teenie, tiny breaks in Plan B affect you. I can't believe some of the dumb stuff that really upset me. I am pretty dark, but even I get darker every day. It will help you to grow as a person and love yourself more.

I will keep reading and chime in when I can. You are going to be fine. Just don't give up on yourself!

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
S
S
HopeE, you can do this. They don't call it a roller coaster ride for nothing, eh? I know ALL of us BS want our money back for that ride. Funny thing is, I look at like a positive too. It helped me become the person I want to be. I am proud to be the person I am now. I KNOW that I could have a happy and fulfilled marriage. I AM a GREAT person. Seeing as I see a lot of me in you, I guess that makes you GREAT too. laugh

I like what Atena said about thinking about the positives and what I want in the end. That's why I made that vision board. It helps me focus on positives a few times a day.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Hope, I am a thyroid cancer survivor. I gained a about 30 pounds with the all of the thyroid issues I had. I was tired of the way I felt about myself and my inability to lose weight.
I have always eaten very healthy overall but I was a breakfast skipper. I have lost about 35 pounds in the last 6 months. What I did was -
1. I do a low fat, low cal protein shake when I first get up in the morning.
2. I hired a personal trainer. She was the best and is a great motivator.
3. Now I simply maintain the exercise she gave me and am getting ready to start PX90 program.

My weight loss was about 1.3 pounds per week. Now I am working on the last 10 pounds that I wanted to lose before cancer. I feel great. I have also been able to start eliminating and reducing some of the medications I was on.

By adding the protein shake in the morning it was like I starting kick starting my metabolism and the pounds started coming off. I hate to exercise, but now am starting to crave it.
Even on the days I don't want to, I have a dog that forces me to walk her several times a day. so that helps to keep the momentum going as well.

I have struggled with this for a couple of years; so what I am getting at is - if I can do it......

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for all the advice. What kind of protein shake? I initially lost 25 lbs from just having the diabetes untreated. Then after I got on the meds and changed my carb intake...I lost about 20 more lbs...the last 15 have been from pure starvation over this whole mess.

My appetite is coming back so I want to be careful and not go backwards. I'm thinking of doing Atkins to jumpstart things a bit. I'll be so happy just to get to 200...that would be 35 more lbs from where I am now. I haven't weighed 200 since my 20s.

I just posted pics of myself on my FB page...i'm tired of hiding my face and not getting in pics with my kids. I had my mom take alot of us today at the special olympics...we had a great time.

I miss my husband terribly, but if I stay dark then I can try to remember the good times before all this happened. I do often imagine us together again, but I know that is a hope that may never be.

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
I started off using medifast shakes. They are simple and easy - low cal, low fat, high protein. I cannot do their diet - which is essentially 5 medifast meals and 1 lean and green meal. I need to chew more than that.

Now the shake I make is a recipe from Katie Lee; it is:

1 cup low fat Kefir (I use organic)(Kefir is very high in protein)
1 cup frozen berries (I like to mix it up between blueberries, strawberries, mango, or a berry medley)
1/4 cup whole oats
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1-2 tablespoons agave nectar
I blend it all in the magic bullet until smooth and drinkable.

Healthy and fairly yummy; it is a drink so I can get it down quick. I still don't like to "eat" breakfast, but I can drink this and then move on to my coffee. Which like I said has helped to kick in my metabolism.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
H
OP Offline
H
I know what you all have said, but I never believed he would be able to go this long without talking to his babies. Even when we would go on trips or to my mom's, he would call everyday to talk to me or them. I worry alot about my DS7. He's got so many issues already and he loves men role-models. My dad is all he has right now for a father figure.

I'm going to try and focus on my goals right now which include my weight loss and accomplishing some real family time with my kiddos. I'm so looking forward to having Monday off.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
Thanks for all the advice. What kind of protein shake? I initially lost 25 lbs from just having the diabetes untreated. Then after I got on the meds and changed my carb intake...I lost about 20 more lbs...the last 15 have been from pure starvation over this whole mess.

hope, a good protein shake for diabetics is isopure low carb powder with an ounce of heavy liquid cream and a raw egg. I mix it with 8 oz of water, 8 oz of crushed ice in my little shake mixer. Its real easy to make and you can drink it out of the blender cup. It will keep you full all morning. I bought mine for $15 at Walmart. here

I was brushing up on my diabetes research today and Dr Bernstein, the Diabetes Solution, http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/bernsteinsdiabetesdiet/a/howtostarttips.htm recommends no more than 30 grams of carbs a day. I didn't dig deep, but it would make sense he means low glycemic carbs and not junk food carbs. Low GI carbs are salads with low carb dressing like Ranch or Blue Cheese, green beans, broccoli, cabbage.

If I were diabetic, I would avoid fruit like the plague because it is going to cause an blood sugar response. I WAS hypoglycemic before I got on this diet and I know fruit wreaks havoc on my blood sugar. If I do indulge at all, which is rare, I eat something out of the berry group.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
hope, i love your picture! You are so pretty!! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Melody, I appreciate that. I'll try these things. I am totally careful with fruit. If I eat any...it's apples. I'm thinking of starting the atkins on Monday. I've been doing Weight Watchers, but I think a change would do myself good.

Of course more "sweatin" days like today would help me alot. I do need to exercise more. I have a gym membership and several training sessions left from last year. I just need to start it up again. I'm wasting my money by not going.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Thanks Melody, I appreciate that. I'll try these things. I am totally careful with fruit. If I eat any...it's apples. I'm thinking of starting the atkins on Monday. I've been doing Weight Watchers, but I think a change would do myself good.

Let me know if you want any menu ideas or recipes. Its real easy once you get the hang of it. And there is no diet that is better for regulating your blood sugar.

Will you check out that link from that diabetes doctor? There is some great information in there for diabetics. The diabetics on our lowcarb.com forum rave about this guy. He is THE guru of weight loss and getting diabetes under control at the same time.

That shake I posted above will fill you up but it won't give you a blood sugar spike. It will keep you full all morning and will keep your blood sugar nice and level.

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Well, two of My H's relatives removed me from facebook as their friends. I thought it was some kind of accident, but I now realize that his sister probably encouraged this.

Isn't it funny that no one wants to believe the truth. It's ok for them that their brother abandoned his children and cheated on his wife....interesting.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Well, two of My H's relatives removed me from facebook as their friends. I thought it was some kind of accident, but I now realize that his sister probably encouraged this.

You find out real quick who is a friend to your marriage and who is not. Those who are NOT can go fly a kite... If your H ever wakes up from his fog he will not remember those relatives fondly. He will remember they did not help him or his marriage or his children in their greatest time of need.

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Those people don't even have contact with my children and never have. In all the 20 years that we've been married, none of them have contacted my children or called them. Maybe once a year on a birthday. So now I'm starting to think that his sister's ex told her about my message to him on facebook. He won't friend me and now his son and her sister have hacked me off of there. She's probaby scared that I will send a message about his affair. It doesn't matter, I could still send a message if I wanted to.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
OP Offline
H
I don't know why I'm obsessing on his relatives knocking me off facebook, but I am. I always knew that his sister would be like this...I mean after all...she was willing to lie for him to cover his backside. Isn't that a lovely family?

I worry about my SIL getting ahold of my daughter and talking to her. They are all suppose to go with him next weekend. He's so convincing; he'll have them all believing his bull. Sometimes I think I'm wrong. Was it worth all this? It's funny how the least little thing effects me.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

You find out real quick who is a friend to your marriage and who is not. Those who are NOT can go fly a kite... If your H ever wakes up from his fog he will not remember those relatives fondly. He will remember they did not help him or his marriage or his children in their greatest time of need.

Unfortunately this is very true. Just remember who is YOUR support system. Your family and friends are who you need to keep around you right now. Do not allow those who would enable the addict to bring you down.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
M
Mymissy is exactly right!

I worry about my SIL getting ahold of my daughter and talking to her. They are all suppose to go with him next weekend. He's so convincing; he'll have them all believing his bull. Sometimes I think I'm wrong. Was it worth all this? It's funny how the least little thing effects me..

Hope, you are in a habit of following your emotions, rather than the facts. Your emotions are trained to doubt and second guess every thing you see. The way out of this is do REALITY CHECKS by putting aside your emotions and reviewing the FACTS.

What are you "wrong" about? Are you wrong that your husband was having an affair in the face of all the evidence? If you are wrong, then why wouldn't he jump all over your offer to right that wrong by taking a polygraph? You gave him a path out and he declined.

If you are "wrong" then why didn't the OW come to court and clear her good name when given the opportunity?

I worry about my SIL getting ahold of my daughter and talking to her. They are all suppose to go with him next weekend. He's so convincing; he'll have them all believing his bull.

These are hypotheticals, hope. And this may happen, but if it does, there is nothing you can do about it except to continue to tell your children the truth.

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
I know...........I'm trying to change my pattern of thinking.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
I think the devil has a way in when we let our emotions rule our thinking. It is a way to scare us and keep us weak and crippled. Every time I allow my emotions to rule me I am thrown all the place.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jeremiah 17:9

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
Proverbs 28:26 (King James Version)

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
I believe that....I've always allowed my mind to be a battlefield with me usually losing. I have hope that God will prevail. I know the truth, but I let my circumstances control me.

I don't understand why I can have a really great day and then have such a pit of a day the next.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
Page 48 of 86 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation