Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2382323 05/30/10 05:04 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Sitting at home today nursing a mild cold and a very sore leg and tender back (it's not the flu, yet this cold has really put the whammy on my back trouble), I have spent much of the day on the sofa watching the History Channel's "America the Story of Us" marathon.

It's quite riveting. Using modern television techniques and live-action acting, coupled with on-camera interviews with a weird assortment of current personalities (Rudy Giuliani and Bill Maher on the same program???) the hour-long episodes trace the development of the United States of America from the early settlers to the present day.

It's really very good TV. Which is odd, for this day and age.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
N
N
i have been watching it too...just saw the one on the civil war the other night....i have them recorded. it is very good tv.

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
O
O
I'm surprised my husband hasn't discovered this! Thanks.

M
M
There's actually a lot of good TV out there. Ya just have to look for it. Unfortunately, it's the trash that gets all the publicity so people think that's all there is.

(tho I will admit to watching Celebrity Rehab)

Try History Channel, Discovery Science Channel, Biography Channel and History International for good stuff.

Just recently - and I think it was also on the History Channel - there's been a series called something like "The Shapes of the States". It explains the history of the different states and why they are often so oddly shaped. Quite fascinating and if you liked "America", you would probably like that one, too.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
W
W
My husband and I love "The National Parks: America's Best Idea" series. We watched it first on PBS and enjoyed it so much that we bought the DVD set for Christmas. It traces the entire history of the National Park system. I highly recommend it, especially for outdoor enthusiasts.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation