Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
M
Originally Posted by Rizos
[WW (Me)- 38 "A Crazy Irish Chick work in progress". Some days look bright, and others really dark...
BH (ELCamino)- 38 A perfect dude, who loves a crazy Irish chick.

rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I am running out the door, I have more to say when I get back!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
Rizos Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I am running out the door, I have more to say when I get back!

Melodylane,

Oh,Oh!!! Should I be worried? Am I going to received a 2X4? I knew I should have been sleeping at 5am! I should have left the nonsense behind.... doh2

FWW (Me)- 39 Rizos
FBH (ELCamino)- 39
DD 8, DD 6
D-Day 8Jul2009

Working on trying to get a second chance. Plan A!
M
M
I'll try to stay strong, and see how I can POJA to talk, and visit my sis without love busting. It really is a very emotional issue for me...

No 2x4's from me! Just remember that the point of POJA is to negotiate a solution that makes you both happy. You are not handing him veto power, Rizos. It means he has to work with you to find a solution that satisifies you both. That is different from "asking permission."

Since this is so volatile, can you ask your coach to help you negotiate this so you don't end up in a fight?

i think you are doing so much better taking his feelings into account. That is progress!

Exposure 101

R
Rizos Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just remember that the point of POJA is to negotiate a solution that makes you both happy. You are not handing him veto power, Rizos. It means he has to work with you to find a solution that satisifies you both. That is different from "asking permission."

Thanks, ML. I just don't think that POJA works when my younger sis is the subject. It's like a No-No subject for H. Plus, Dr. Harley recommended no contact with sis. That to me sounded VERY unfair. What happened with POJA!!! It's just very unfair, she had nothing to do with my behavior change or affair. Anyway, I have to change the subject, I'm starting to get VERY upset!! I'll keep my cool though... mad , naughty , cool , hurray

FWW (Me)- 39 Rizos
FBH (ELCamino)- 39
DD 8, DD 6
D-Day 8Jul2009

R
Rizos Offline OP
OP Offline
R
ElCamino is very sad right now. He had a fight "by phone" during the morning with a company coworker that upset him a lot. Anytime that this happens, I have to be prepared! I asked him what I could do to help him, or if I had done something to bother him (made a face), but didn't say anything. I asked him if he wanted me to leave him alone, and he said yes. I can't touch him or anything... I just don't know what to do to make him feel better. Should I just stay quiet? Leave him alone? I just don't know... I'm very confused! Plus to make matters worst, yesterday was the anniversary of the discovery of the affair. Help!

FWW (Me)- 39 Rizos
FBH (ELCamino)- 39
DD 8, DD 6
D-Day 8Jul2009

M
M
I'm very confused! Plus to make matters worst, yesterday was the anniversary of the discovery of the affair. Help!

oh wow! That is a very tough time for any BS. But he got through it pretty good, it seems. I would just be as positive as possible, Rizos, and play it by ear. You are doing great by being so considerate of his feelings. Keep up the good work! smile

Exposure 101

R
Rizos Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I would just be as positive as possible, Rizos, and play it by ear.

Ok, I'll do that... Thanks

FWW (Me)- 39 Rizos
FBH (ELCamino)- 39
DD 8, DD 6
D-Day 8Jul2009

R
Rizos Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Rizos,
But even then he will have days when he will be sad, feel hurt, abandoned and lonely, even though you didn't do a thing to make him think of the affair. It happens sometimes, but it passes and if your attitude is one of comforting him and supporting him and showing him that you care about his feelings and emotions and pain then he will bounce back faster and recover better and heal more quickly and get back to meeting your ENs.

Mark

OMG, Mark, this couldn't be 'truer'. I'm starting to come out of the fog, and understanding what you guys meant. Just days ago it was hard for him (D-day anniversary), and he was distant, sad, etc. Like you said he will have good days, and bad days and I need to understand that. This time, instead of me acting out, I tried to remain calm (Melodylane help me with that). I asked him what he needed, how he was feeling, if he needed anything, etc..., and when he said that he want it to just be alone, I gave him the space he needed. The fact that I was supportive, instead of whining, did help him to bounce back faster. :), I'm happy that today, he is feeling better!!!! Thanks for your help...

FWW (Me)- 39 Rizos
FBH (ELCamino)- 39
DD 8, DD 6
D-Day 8Jul2009

R
Rizos Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
I don't make announcements, I make polite requests. It's not, I'm going to the store, but do you want to go to the store with me. Or I need to get a new lawn mower blade, do you mind if I go now, do you need anything while I'm out, etc.

Ask, don't tell.
EE,
I'm working on this, trying to ASK first!!! I'm doing better, but I still have a long way to go...

Thanks for your help...

FWW (Me)- 39 Rizos
FBH (ELCamino)- 39
DD 8, DD 6
D-Day 8Jul2009

R
Rizos Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by turtlehead
Rizos,
Have you told your parents about your affair yet?
Have you told them the real reason you guys were thinking of relocating?

Or are you expecting El Camino to lie there bleeding and take that bullet too? How do you think he feels having to take the "blame" for you guys moving away and having to cover up the truth of your affair at the same time?

Marriages thrive on honesty. They die if there is dishonesty at their core. You are asking El Camino to be your accomplice in this crime against your marriage. It will kill you both, emotionally.

Turtlehead,

I'm glad I told my relatives about the affair, it was really killing both of us. You were right, I also spoke with his mom. His parents have been very supportive...

FWW (Me)- 39 Rizos
FBH (ELCamino)- 39
DD 8, DD 6
D-Day 8Jul2009

M
M
Rizos. Please tell me your sister didn't say something this stupid and anti-marriage???

�[�] I don�t agree with your decision since REAL love must have NO conditions. [�] I�m still going to be your sister and I�ll be here unconditionally [...]�.

Did you set her straight about this nonsensical, anti-marriage sentiment? If she thinks like that, then she is no friend to marriage.

How did you handle this, Rizos? How have you protected EC from this kind of dangerous loony thinking??

If my sister said something so dumb, I would be explaining why real love DOES have conditions and if there are no conditions, then you won't be in love for long! There is no such thing as "unconditional love." She should read this: What�s Wrong with Unconditional Love
by Willard F. Harley, Jr., Ph.D.

Exposure 101

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 214 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Torres1986, AE1992, Verota, Quiniferous, LifeGoesOn4Me
71,877 Registered Users
Latest Posts
My wife’s Affair and how it broke me
by BrainHurts - 10/05/24 12:22 PM
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by Torres1986 - 10/05/24 04:01 AM
Asking for a friend
by BrainHurts - 10/02/24 10:40 AM
Children
by BrainHurts - 09/28/24 06:19 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,610
Posts2,323,435
Members71,877
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation