Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
OP Offline
L
HI there, and welcome to MB.

I was just reading over the 27 posts you have made in the last 4 days, and noted this:
i hear ya. my situation is similar as my entp traits caused my fww serious resentment. i found out 15 years too late that the entp was too much for her. she sounds like your wh. entp's are not affectionate. some feel nothing. i'm shocked at how quick i recovered from her a.

prd

was the only piece of info you have provided about yourself. I also noted that while you have a modicum of understanding of MB, much of your 'advice' is not MB, and in fact on 3 occasions lead you to being edited.

Please, feel free to use this thread to let us know more about you and what lead you to MB.

Lil

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
i'm entp, of course i've been edited. lol my fww had an a. we have restored our marriage recently and i happened onto this site to hopefully help others in the same situation. its not just about recovering from infidelity, it going deep into ourselves for better self awareness. Then you are better than even pre-a.

prd

S
S
Have you read all of the material on THIS site? Do you have any questions about how to use these materials in your own marriage? Are you currently implementing any of the MB material in your own marriage?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
BTW, since entp is not an MB term(as far as I know) what does it mean?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
OP Offline
L
Well, I dont know what entp means, I gather its one of those personality disorder things smile

my fww had an a. we have restored our marriage recently and i happened onto this site to hopefully help others in the same situation. its not just about recovering from infidelity, it going deep into ourselves for better self awareness. Then you are better than even pre-a.

How very true. There just seems to be a bit of a discrepancy between your 'advice' and what Dr W. Harley (owner of the MB site) advises. I wonder if you have read any of the 10 basic facts, something recommended at the top of each page

you will become a member of a community. And with that membership you will be held responsible and accountable for following the community's Rules & Guidelines and Codes of Conduct. They are very straightforward and are required in order to keep a safe and supportive community.

One of the most important requirements for becoming a member is that you read all of Dr. Harley's Ten Basic Concepts. Click the tab "Basic Concepts" above on the header to find them. The purpose of this Forum is to help couples use those Basic Concepts to overcome marital conflicts and restore romantic love.

If you do that, you might find that your advice to others will not only be more in keeping with what MB endeavours to accomplish, you might also find yourself being edited less too LOL smile

P
P
have you ever taken myers-briggs? how can you work on your marriage if you dont understand yourself? my fww and i have an amazing marriage now. we use mb type principles in conjunction with an intense and deep understanding of one's self.

prd

L
OP Offline
L
My marriage is just fine and dandy thanks, with or without knowing what kind of nutso personality I have.(I suspect many) laugh

All I need to know is how to make my DH happy, how to make me happy and how to have a good life.

Have you read any of the Harley literature??

Last edited by lildoggie; 06/14/10 11:42 PM. Reason: eta xtra

S
S
Originally Posted by Paleriderdude
have you ever taken myers-briggs? how can you work on your marriage if you dont understand yourself? my fww and i have an amazing marriage now. we use mb type principles in conjunction with an intense and deep understanding of one's self.

prd

I have learned A LOT about myself in these past 7.5 months. All of these things I have learned through MB principals and concepts. I do not need to know what kind of personality trait I have or my WH has to understand that these concepts WORK. I am sure that there are many people on this forum, who have recovered their marriages, using MB, and they fall into certain personality traits that shouldn't be with each other. As MelodyLane pointed out to you on a previous thread, MB CREATES compatibility.

I hope you find your time at MB as rewarding as I have.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by lildoggie
My marriage is just fine and dandy thanks, with or without knowing what kind of nutso personality I have.(I suspect many) laugh

All I need to know is how to make my DH happy, how to make me happy and how to have a good life.

i'm certain you and your hubby are great. i am actually much better than i was even pre-a. Just trying to help others get there.

prd

L
OP Offline
L
my fww and i have an amazing marriage now. we use mb type principles in conjunction with an intense and deep understanding of one's self.

prd

My DH and I have an amazing marriage now. We use MB principles, and dont worry about one's self.

cool grin

L
OP Offline
L

i'm certain you and your hubby are great. i am actually much better than i was even pre-a. Just trying to help others get there.

prd

Awesome goal.

P
P
i'm glad for you. you are very convincing and i'm sure you've learned everything you need to get to such a euphoric relationship with your spouse. congrats!

prd

L
OP Offline
L
Still learning everyday, MB has a lot to offer.

So what 'type' principles are you applying?

L
L
i'm glad for you. you are very convincing and i'm sure you've learned everything you need to get to such a euphoric relationship with your spouse. congrats!

prd

Pale:

Welcome to the DB.

We have lots of folks who drop by, look around, and decide to hang out a bit.

Shake the dust of the trail off a bit, I guess.

Sometimes, though, to hang out, someone will ask what your story is.

Someone has.

And you responded with two or three lines.

Well. Nothing WRONG with that. Maybe your just not that talkative. Maybe you hate to type.

Very few hang around for long without revealing much more about themselves. You can read all day if you want, and learn alot that way. You can talk all you want about Myers-Briggs, but it doesn't steep you at all in MB concepts.

Some folks around here have saved thier marriages, and, by extention, some haved saved their sanity and lives becasue of this site. This site is free to read and to post, but the information is so valuable, that it transcends just your normal daily chat board.

When I see somebody who has been here along time, and knows the MB Principles, and has been to through the wringer, call out a new poster to talk a little bit about thier sitch, and they only get some lip service, I get concerned. I get concerned because the new poster may feel a little offended, and I want as many people to be here to get help as well as to help. And when your asked to reveal something about yourself, its to find out how you tick. When we get a blank slate, we tend to wonder.

This does not require you to post your entire life story. Or to repeat your life story. Folks remember. You can put something up that reveals enough so that others understand you better. And when you post some advice, if it is contrary to MB principles, then you can be guided to a source, and how to learn more about that part of MB.

This isn't like "Animal Farm" where some feel that they are "more equal" We are all equal here, and peers. You can join all of us as peers in a matter of days if you learn quickly. Or never. There are plenty who linger but never post. Just be sure to try and address any advice you provide using the MB concepts. If you have alot of experience in other methods, there is no problem with presenting that info, but please try to establish SOME credibility with it at first, ok?

LG

R
R

prd

Just a reminder that the purpose of this forum to learn and discuss Marriage Builders. If you can help newcomers in this respect, feel free to post. If not, please refrain from posting to newcomers.

Any questions, shoot me an email.

Revera01@aol.com
P
P
agreed and thank you for your post. I'm fairly certain that i will not say anything that contradicts mb, just compliments it like myers-briggs. knowing your tendencies is vital to any relationship. its not an either or situation.

prd

M
M
HI there, and welcome to MB.

I was just reading over the 27 posts you have made in the last 4 days, and noted this:
i hear ya. my situation is similar as my entp traits caused my fww serious resentment. i found out 15 years too late that the entp was too much for her. she sounds like your wh. entp's are not affectionate. some feel nothing. i'm shocked at how quick i recovered from her a.

prd

was the only piece of info you have provided about yourself. I also noted that while you have a modicum of understanding of MB, much of your 'advice' is not MB, and in fact on 3 occasions lead you to being edited.

Please, feel free to use this thread to let us know more about you and what lead you to MB.

Lil

Lil, he also added this nugget below indicating that HE was also a WH with an OW. Might be a revenge affair situation just like the former annoying no-so-bright poster he so much reminds me of, Dude.

What a coincidence they both have "Dude" in their names. grumble

Originally Posted by prd
I agree with everyone that you really need to kill your H's A first. I know you said that the OWH is abusive, but let me tell you that my OW said the exact same thing! And the fact of that matter is that even if he is abusive, you did not make this choice. I know that sounds cold hearted, but she made the choice to betray her H, n

Dude, it seems to me you could disguise yourself a little better than this.

PaleriderDUDE....Really.

FAIL

Mr. Wondering

p.s. - btw, I'm an Aries hurray

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
R
R
agreed and thank you for your post. I'm fairly certain that i will not say anything that contradicts mb, just compliments it like myers-briggs. knowing your tendencies is vital to any relationship. its not an either or situation.

prd

I am fairly certain that is not Marriage Builder's material, so I would strongly advise you refrain from posting it.

Revera01@aol.com
S
S
Dude!!!! I miss DUDE!!! [Linked Image from millan.net]

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
V
V
Mr. W, I'm not so sure... Dude v. 1.0 would be way more entertaining than this!

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation