Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
hope98 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks pepperband, I would agree....

t

me: BS 51
him: WH 45
DDay 5/23/10 found emails and photo attachments
Married 12 yrs/ together 15
3 daughters ; 18,31,28
trying to work through it...
S
S
I think that one of the very first questions asked is, "WHY???"

Its human nature to try to understand the reasons for disasters, for trauma, for our pain, especially when it is purposefully inflicted by another.

My H said he did not know why he had, yet another, affair...after already doing this to us twice before...after knowing the pain and the anguish and the damage it would do.

He said that he never intended for me to know of it.

There was no reasoning in his brain - it was a delusion he set up, that I would never know, that what I never knew would never hurt me.

Yet, it was hurting me, it was hurting US, the whole time.

The wayward mind - illogic rules it.

The "why" of the affairs my H had? The first was a revenge affair (yes, I had a ONS, and my "why" was that my H was pressuring swinging, so I practiced swinging on my own...yes...it was stupid...his revenge affair just as stupid).

The second affair of his was with an OW I did not know about until he left me, and it was someone he met while working. His "why" was that I was not the person he loved - she was - and he wanted this fantasy woman who was so much better than I was. It never actually happened for him, for them...all a fantasy for him. I never even knew of her until much later....much much much later.

The third affair...well, second and a half....a ONS about two days after we reconciled....he said he could not explain...she had drugs....he was drunk...he was stupid...yes.....I took him back.....

I had forgotten that one until recently. Or maybe I just didn't count it? I don't know. Maybe I cannot reconcile when it all was...but I know we were back together maybe two days...

I still wanted to try.

And now, some many years later he does it again. His "why" was that he felt old, wanted to have sex with someone different, some "strange", some excitement, sex-for-the-sake-of-sex.

Do any of these reasons fill your cup?

None fill mine.

I was not, never was, never will be, satisifed with any of these reasons. While they may be the absolute truth of what he was thinking, what he was "reasoning" at the time, none come close to helping me understand his betrayals.

Maybe the answer, "I don't know" is the best answer. Because it is just better for me to believe that he does not know why he would betray me - truthfully - he does not have an answer that meets the level of what I need - he does not KNOW what went on his head that got him to the point of betraying me. Of that, I am sure. Because not one of these reasons really would meet the criteria of reasons for betraying anyone - not his "reasons", not mine. As a BW and a FWW, I know.

There is no real "WHY", except the feeling of:

I WANT WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT IT.

Schoolbus

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
H
hope98 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks so much for sharing schoolbus.. I'm so sorry for your pain.

Years ago I was left by an ex husband who I
loved very much. We were in marriage counseling and he decided that he needed to separate from me, but wanted to still "date". The counselor thought it was a reasonable idea and so my ex moved out and in with a male co-worker... Well, his idea of dating me was to have sex with me every time he came to pick up our daughter for their weekend visits. If I was really lucky he would include me in on whatever outing he had planned for the two of them. This went on for months, all the while I'm thinking that we're moving in the same direction - a reconciliation.... Well, he decided that he wanted a divorce, with the premise that we could always re-marry if things were still going good. I didn't understand the reasoning but my therapist told me to just let him do what it was he felt he needed to do. After the divorce was final, he still continued to 'date' me. Then there was talk of us re-marrying, even telling our then six year old daughter that she could be a part of the ceremony. Then, someone alerted me to the fact that my ex wasn't planning on marrying me, but another woman... a co-worker I knew nothing about. When I confronted him about this, he admitted it was true. Obviously I was devastated and to think of all the months I was led to believe we were getting back together. I asked him why he was doing this and he couldn't give me an answer... My therapist said that sometimes there is no answer to 'why'... it just is what it is... I don't know why I'm having such a hard time applying that lesson to my situation today... maybe because I can't believe I'm going through a similar loss and it's just too much for my mind to wrap around...
I do know this..... I don't have the need for revenge and I only wallowed in anger for a few weeks. I am trying to come to a place where, if this doesn't end up well or my WH continues to make poor decisions, I will take it as a sign that I'm not supposed to be here.. that I'm supposed to be somewhere else and this was all supposed to happen in order for me to get there. I HAVE to think this way.. it's healthier for me than any alternative way of coping that I can think about.

take care.....

teresa

3 daughters ; 18,31,28
P
P
deep, so deep i can feel the pain in your words. you should be a song writer or a poet. you could hire your h a full-time therapist.

prd

M
M
You should consider suing the therapist. He's almost certainly got professional liability insurance and you certainly have a claim.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
M
Originally Posted by MrWondering
You should consider suing the therapist. He's almost certainly got professional liability insurance and you certainly have a claim.

The last thing she needs is a mountain in legal costs in the persuit of a ridiculous lawsuit!

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
A
A
Teresa, at the time you mustn't have known of MB otherwise you would have not taken the advice of the therapist. You would have been advised to go into a dark plan b that would have protect you from your H's madness and disrespect. The outcome might have been the same but you would have spared yourself lots of pain and disappointement as plan b teaches us not to have any expectations of the WS.
Blessing

atena
H
hope98 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Aetna, Yes, I didn't know about the site until last year...
I'm still trying to navigate around here and figure out where things are. I have yet to find where the 'plans' are to even know what they mean when you all mention them. And I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what all the abbreviations stand for ... think

thanks,

teresa

3 daughters ; 18,31,28
S
S

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
hope98 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks Scotty, I'll check it out !

3 daughters ; 18,31,28
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation