Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Fracktard ended up next to us at a red light.

I hope he dies in a fire!

Out of all days, why was he 30 miles from home, one county over, and on the same road I was.

Good news is a 2006 F-150 quadcab on 35"s will toast a Miatta.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
W
W
Sorry you had to deal with seeing OM on Father's Day. Hope your day was good besides that little bit of unpleasantness. Just remember, you are that little girl's daddy, in every way other than the DNA, so don't let him get to you.

Other than the encounter today, how are things going?

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by writer1
Hope your day was good besides that little bit of unpleasantness.
Writer, I love ya....

But calling that a "Little bit of unpleasantness" would be like calling the the Gulf Oil Spill an "Inconvenience"

On the trigger scale of 1-10, that ranks about a 450.

I'm sorry, but I am a we bit upset right now.

Last edited by Gack1; 06/20/10 11:49 PM.

Me 34
WW 30
W
W
The "little bit of unpleasantness" was meant to be sarcastic. I tend to be rather sarcastic by nature. It comes across much better in person.

I'm sure you are upset, and I'm truly sorry this happened. I've been there. We ran into my H's OW at the mall about a year and a half ago (not long after my OC was born). I hadn't seen her in about 5 years, so it was quite a shock. It was pretty uncomfortable, especially since she decided to stop and talk to us. We had two of our teens with us at the time, who knew all about the situation. She even had the gall to look at the baby and ask "How did that happen?" (she knew my H had a vasectomy many years ago). After that encounter, she started calling the house again and even brought over a Christmas ornament for the baby a couple of months later before we wrote yet another NC letter (I can't count how many we've had to write over the years).

It is much more than a little unpleasantness, I know. We still live in the same general area as OW, and I know these encounters are bound to occur on occasion. I don't look forward to them, but I try not to let them get me down too much. I refuse to lock myself in the house just so I won't have to worry about running into her.

Was your wife with you when you saw the OM? Have you talked to her about it and how it made you feel?

P
P
Originally Posted by Gack1
I hope he dies in a fire!

HEY! That's my dream!

My SS hasn't even spoken to me for over 3 years now.

I EFFING HATE Father's Day and the seething has never stopped growing against OM. In fact it's worse now than back 3 years ago.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
The "little bit of unpleasantness" was meant to be sarcastic. I tend to be rather sarcastic by nature. It comes across much better in person.
I understand.

We still live in the same general area as OW, and I know these encounters are bound to occur on occasion. I don't look forward to them, but I try not to let them get me down too much.
I had let my guard down.

For a long time I kept close surveillance on OM. I know a lot of people, and OM is to stupid to keep a low profile. So keeping track of things like, where he is working (That week), what bar he was trying to pick up skanks at, and where he was staying, where relatively easy to do.

But in October after finding out he was back in jail, I decided that keeping such a close eye on him was not healthy for my recovery.
So I stopped...

Imagine my surprise when he pulled up next to us.

Was your wife with you when you saw the OM?
Wife, OC, and a niece. We where taking me out to dinner for Fathers day.

The exact wrong time to bump into OM.

Then, in typical OM fashion he immediately gets on his phone and starts calling his buddies (That or he was calling the cops rotflmao) and then tries to follow us around town.

OM enjoys antagonizing people.
He is like the kid that holds his finger an inch from your face and says "Neener, Neener, Neener, I'm not touching you" until you cant stand it, then when you finally smack him, he wines to his parents and you get in trouble.

He will push people to a confrontation, then call the cops. dramaqueen

After loosing OM, dinner just was not quite as enjoyable as I had hoped.

Have you talked to her about it and how it made you feel?
Yes

Me 34
WW 30
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Pariah
SS?

Me 34
WW 30
G
G
frown Sorry, Gack. What a way to ruin a good day. Gack!

BS: 37
FWH: 37
EA: 2 months, ending June 08
Married 7 years
4 kids (2 together)
Hoping for a Recovery
W
W
OM sounds like a winner (they always are). That was way worse than a simple sighting, especially him following you and you having to shake him off before going to dinner. I'm sorry that happened, especially on Father's Day. Do you think he was in the area specifically looking for you, wanting to cause trouble?

Have you considered a restraining order? Or moving? We're trying to get away from the area where we now live (because of OW and a plethora of other reasons as well). Hopefully, we'll be moving out of state sometime in the next year. Sometimes, a fresh start in Far-Far-Away is the only answer.

By the way, one of my sons (who is 18 and really ought to know better) does that thing where he holds his finger right up to your face and says "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you." I just smack him upside the head and say "Well, I'm certainly touching you."

M
M
Then, in typical OM fashion he immediately gets on his phone and starts calling his buddies (That or he was calling the cops rotflmao) and then tries to follow us around town.

I'd get a restraining order slapped on him pretty d*mn fast if I were you.

Whatever it takes for NC to be in place, IMHO.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Have you considered a restraining order? Or moving? We're trying to get away from the area where we now live (because of OW and a plethora of other reasons as well). Hopefully, we'll be moving out of state sometime in the next year. Sometimes, a fresh start in Far-Far-Away is the only answer.

This is what we did and it was the best idea DH has ever had. I highly recommend it.

There is no chance we could run into OW now and the relief we feel is palpable.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Do you think he was in the area specifically looking for you, wanting to cause trouble?
No, it was just a happy coincidence that he took advantage of.

Have you considered a restraining order?
I have.

But I have known a few folks in my area that have tried to get a restraining order but where told they couldn't without some proof of a threat.
But I have not tried yet.

Or moving?
I would LOVE too!
Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible for at least a few years.

Me 34
WW 30
S
S
I spent our anniversary evening (the 18th) and Father's day at the coast with my two boys (9 and 6). Other friends were there too and we had a blast!

Check my wife's cell phone text messages this morning and she spent the weekend banging some new guy one of her enabling friends set her up with.

I know we are in the process of divorcing (no chance to reconcile) and that she can do whatever the hell she pleases, but OM#3 now (or is more like 5 or 6)?

Always nice reading text messages to her friends like "We f***ed all night", "I was walking funny this A.M.", and "I hope he calls me soon, I want to f*** more."

She really has gone cuckoo.

P
P
Originally Posted by Gack1
Originally Posted by Pariah
SS?

Stepson.

I raised him from 2 to 15.

Now he hates my guts because the soul sucking harpy lied to him, telling him I abandoned them when SHE was the one who dropped me off on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, too crippled to even walk.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
J
J
Originally Posted by schtoop
I spent our anniversary evening (the 18th) and Father's day at the coast with my two boys (9 and 6). Other friends were there too and we had a blast!

Check my wife's cell phone text messages this morning and she spent the weekend banging some new guy one of her enabling friends set her up with.

I know we are in the process of divorcing (no chance to reconcile) and that she can do whatever the hell she pleases, but OM#3 now (or is more like 5 or 6)?

Always nice reading text messages to her friends like "We f***ed all night", "I was walking funny this A.M.", and "I hope he calls me soon, I want to f*** more."

She really has gone cuckoo.

I'm sorry to hear this. No one deserves this kind of treatment. I hope you rake her over the coals in a divorce. Let us know how it goes.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation