Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This thread showed up on a completely unrelated board I visit. The poster is a wayward writing her sob story and begging for sympathy. A few fall for it at first but then she's called out on her cheating (it isn't clear if she's married or just been living with the guy but either way, her behavior is classic). As soon as she's call out, she gets ugly about it. I have a feeling it's going to be deleted so have a read now. It's actually rather educational - the responses are from non-MB people who have no idea and have never heard of MB concepts or principals. Yet they react how MB says they will.

**edit**

Last edited by Revera; 06/23/10 08:01 AM. Reason: removing link
N
N
MrRollieEyes......that was so refeshingly original.....

Not

G
G
Originally Posted by Revera
Edited by Revera (13 seconds ago)
Edit Reason: removing link
Ahwww...

I hate it when Y'all do that. crybaby

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Why was the link removed? It's a public BB.

I found it fascinating that the wayward imploded as soon as her A was exposed, and spun an enormous sob story that people not closely involved actually bought for a while. When people noticed that things weren't adding up in her story and pointed out that the true victim was her SO, she went ballistic on them too. Not only that, her justifications got wilder and sillier and never once did she ever respond to the questions of what about her SO. She even went so far as to say she's not wrong because she never cheated on him before this (implying that the first one doesn't count).

It is very typical fallout from a wayward after exposure. Many BS's have heard the same crap from their own WS's. When it comes from your own, it's extremely painful. When it comes from others, it triggers pain but you can also look at it more objectively and be less blinded by the lies.

T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Google "complicated JINGLE WORTHY" if you want to find it.

G
G
Wow, so she is going to bring a foreigner here on a fiancee visa wile she is still married?

Is that correct?

Or was she never married to the Jeff guy?

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
M
M
What a silly, brainless broad. I am amazed that it took 25 posts before someone with some common sense posted to her. Makes me grateful for the people on this board!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Oh but Mel, you just don't understand!!!!..... dramaqueen

it's real lurve.......

She wants to be with someone who understands her better than she does.....

She wants to be with someone who LIGHTS her up when he walks in the room.....

And don't you know, it OKAY to be a 38 yr old adult who cheats and lies, afterall who DOESN'T tell the occassional lie??

And more importantly, she learned this as a CHILD, from her parents, so this makes it all A-okay..... crybaby

Very original!!!!....... MrRollieEyes

T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Keep in mind, that board isn't about marriages or relationships of any form. It's an off-topic section of a horse board.

I'm not entirely clear if she is or isn't married - I don't believe it is explicitly stated. She is at bare minimum in a common-law relationship of 10 years. It may not fit the classic definition of adultery but it is certainly infidelity and she shows every sign of being a wayward - even without the references to the OM.

What is truly interesting is that, at first, people do seem to sympathize with her. She's painted a horrible picture of her family and circumstances. People took it at face value and the fact that she was cheating is barely mentioned - it could be easy to skip over that if you aren't accutely aware of all the other signs of waywardism. It really shows how important it is for the BS to expose before the WS has a chance to alter the truth. Honestly, I don't believe a word about what she says regarding her family. The racism accusations seem like gaslighting to me.

Also, when questioned about Jeff, she only answers about how wonderful the OM is and other blah, blah crap. The only reference she makes to Jeff is that she never cheated on him before this. She never even says she feels bad or that she has any concern for how this might affect him - though she hasn't told him. She feels utterly insulted by people who are merely pointing out the truth - and for the most part they did so very kindly until the thread broke down towards the end. That instant backlash is also very characteristic of an active wayward.

Frankly, this particular wayward seems even more disturbed than normal, though it's hard to tell since there's no way to know the actual truth of the situation. She may simply be deep in the fog and as anonymous readers, we're only getting waylogic (which is why it doesn't make much sense).

P
P
She wants to be with someone who needs a GREEN CARD shocked

M
M
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Keep in mind, that board isn't about marriages or relationships of any form. It's an off-topic section of a horse board.

I noticed that. I wonder why there would be such a deficit of just basic common sense on a horse forum? [unless, is this a horse track crowd?] I might expect that from a makeup forum, but not from a cross section of average adults.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Notable mention is that several posters at the end CAUGHT ON to her gig. Once one poster pointed out this sham, the others sort of got on board. So maybe it took one person to embolden others to say what they were really thinking.......

I know when I joined this board in 2001, our threads looked alot like that and rarely did anyone pipe up. OW had the run of the board. I would sometimes say something negative about adultery and would be attacked by other board members for making "dj's." MrRollieEyes whatever....

Exposure 101

M
M
jingle...jingle...lol

M
M
Originally Posted by mr_anderson
jingle...jingle...lol

rotflmao

What does that mean?? rotflmao

Exposure 101

V
V
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
jingle...jingle...lol

rotflmao

um... Ho Ho Ho??? [Linked Image from sherv.net]

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
M
M
Notable mention is that several posters at the end CAUGHT ON to her gig. Once one poster pointed out this sham, the others sort of got on board. So maybe it took one person to embolden others to say what they were really thinking.......

I know when I joined this board in 2001, our threads looked alot like that and rarely did anyone pipe up. OW had the run of the board. I would sometimes say something negative about adultery and would be attacked by other board members for making "dj's." MrRollieEyes whatever....

You need to give us a list of links to your "favorite" moments from back then. Then we can roll our eyes at how things were on this forum, instead of some other.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
[Linked Image from myemoticons.com]

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
N
N
jingle...jingle...lol

rotflmao

It's asking for good luck. "Jingling" as in jingling a metal horse bit for good luck.

Last edited by NervousNewbie; 06/23/10 12:32 PM.
T
T
You would think people would have had more HORSE SENSE than that!!!!!

I can't believe I am the first to say that smile

M
M
Originally Posted by markos

You need to give us a list of links to your "favorite" moments from back then. Then we can roll our eyes at how things were on this forum, instead of some other.

Glad to!

ok, here is a post from a WS in response to my FIRST POST on this forum,
Here's a thought.......

Why don't you put all that snooping energy into bring trust and respect back into your relationship?

Until you get the answer that he's still doing it, or get bored snooping, this insecurity will not leave you alone.

Why not work towards the positives of your relationship instead of dwelling on the mistrust and disapointments?

Just a thought..
Shepette
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...;Main=90209&Number=937614#Post937614

And here was my second week posting on Marriage Builders, where I was called out in a call out thread BY NAME and put in my place by a wayward wife. I was chastised for praising the ONLY really recovered WS I had seen on the board for his progress. There were tons of waywards posting, but they spent most of their time bullying the BS'; about making "DJ's" about adultery. If you said something negative about adultery you were chastised and shut down.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=941020#Post941020

And I did not sit around and cry about that treatment, rather I tried to defend newcomers from that kind of sicko poison as I got stronger myself. One time I called up KiwiJen's husband in New Zealand and told him his wife had seen her OM again. And some WW on this board said "We don't feel safe here anymore!!" dramaqueen I said, "lady, I hope to God cheaters don't feel safe anywhere. Especially around me!!" grin

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 229 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation