Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 02:40 PM.
N
N
Hi Butch,
My advice, stay away from this woman.

You sound young, early 20's maybe. You had a child with this woman and now you are trying to do the honorable thing and be the best father that you know how. That does not mean that you should marry this woman. I did when my GF became prego, after 5 years of marriage I am just now finding out what you already know. Walk away.

Get custody figured out, a couple of hours a week at her parents place is no way to be a good father.
Get your finances straight, get back to work or find a job closer to your home, Wal-Mart if you have to.
Read the information on this website so that when you are ready for a real relationship with a woman you understand what Marriage should and could be.

Sorry that you're here. Make the best of your situation.

K
K
This IS not MB but it's too bad you don't have copies of hte chats and sex web cam vids to send to her parents to show them their little angel aint so innocent.

Can you get a job and start to move towards getting full custody?

Last edited by kilted_thrower; 06/24/10 11:57 AM.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

N
N
How far away does her parents live from your apt?

Why don't you take YOUR daughter to your place? Don't let your daughter's grandfather dictate how often or how long you can see YOUR daughter.

Why did you apologize to her family?

H
H
You need to erase a few things from your mind. There is no relationship to recover with this woman. Her parents will never take your side. You will not be able to see your daughter unless you get a court order to do so.

If you�re expecting them to let them see her based on their good graces, then you�re in trouble.

What State do you live in? Are you American? I got the impression you might be a Brit (referring to �holiday� for what we would call vacation).

If you�re in America, then you need to lawyer up and file for custody. It will be expensive.

B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:10 PM.
B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:52 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Butchannon
I have copies of chats but she told me not to show them because if I will do that I will show them no respect.

That is a lie, pretty sure your gf went to the house saying all nasty and bad things to make her parents hate you, if you show them your evidence then they will know exactly what is going on, otherwise they will only know HER side...which basically saying that you are abusive, your a horrible father, etc..is that what you want?

I agree, get a job and find a lawyer and DO NOT get back with this woman! She is a liar and a cheater! Only focus on your daughter, her parents has NO RIGHT keeping you away from your child! You need to show all that evidence to the lawyer, and say that she has no right holding the kid from you.

I'm really sorry you are here, but I am soo glad that you are not married to this woman, be free from her and the pain she has caused you and take care of your daughter and be a good father!

B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:53 PM.
S
S
Her parents know about her infidelity but they said it didn't matter because it took place before we moved in and have a child. They also told me that I am a bad father because I didn't take our daughter out of the bed right after she began to cry and her mother told me that she could get fever.

TALK TO A LAWYER NOW! You have to do something to get custody of your kid, they can not just take her away from you, you gotta do something about this butch! Ask your parents if they can help, that is your daughter! I don't know where you live, but please do something fast, and your g/f is not worth saving, so ditch her, and start taking care of that little child of yours.

B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:53 PM.
P
P
What country are you in?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:54 PM.
N
N
The purpose of exposure is to end the affiar. Exposing to her parents now would cause more resentment towards you. They know the truth and for whatever reason they don't like you. Get over it, doesn't matter.
Lick your wounds, pick yourself up, do whatever it takes to be in your daughter's life and be a good single father for now. It's a raw deal, but don't waste your time on future heartache.

B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:55 PM.
S
S
Her parents also used to treat me like their son and they expected that I would behave like they wish. I had to be at their place every weekend to prove them that I love their daughter. They didn't allow her to come to my place because girlfriends don't go to their boyfriends' place, boyfriend have to come to girlfriend's place in their opinion. And her mother doesn't find a big deal a fact that I moved 160 km from my workplace because I rented apartment in the city where she studied and that I had to drive every day to work. And on the weekend they expected me not to be tired and to look happy when I talked to them. Her mother told her daughter that I should have talked more with her husband and that I must talk more with their relatives when they would come to their place.

Another reason to leave this chick!! Do you honestly want them in your life?? I Know I wouldn't! Sorry frown

You need to do the right thing, and that is to take care of your daughter, leave the woman, and go on with your life, find someone that will treat you right. Fight for your baby girl, so you can see her more then what you are seeing her now!

B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:55 PM.
N
N
I apologized them because they said I was cruel to tell her to leave and that this is not what a normal human would do. To tell mother with child to leave. They said to me that I should have talked to her and that they won't speak to me. They also told me about every fight GF and I had in our relationship and all was my fault.

Her parents know about her infidelity but they said it didn't matter because it took place before we moved in and have a child. They also told me that I am a bad father because I didn't take our daughter out of the bed right after she began to cry and her mother told me that she could get fever.
IF you expose your evidence to her parents so that they can understand why you asked your GF and daughter to leave, then you will not get the reaction that you plan on.

B
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Butchannon; 06/24/10 03:56 PM.
S
S
When we talk by phone and when I am tired and not talk too much she can't stand it and asks me what's wrong. She says that I should talk to her in loving tone of the voice and when I don't it is not right.

I don't know why she can't understand that every person is tired from time to time and that after all she has done to me I have right to be in bad mood sometimes.

She set me also her conditions for me if I want her to give me second chance :

- I shouldn't have bad days in the future
- even if I am tired after work I should be nice to her parents and pretend that everything is OK
- I must try to talk more with their relatives
- I should allow her parents to do with our daughter what they want when we are at their place. Her father is very proud of her and love to take her with to show her to his friends/relatives
- their parents thinks that I am not loving father because once I didn't take our daughter out of bed immediately when she cried they said she could get fever because of crying
- I must talk more to her father because her mother noticed that I didn't talk enough to him
- I mustn't be that impulsive and telling her to leave anymore
- I mustn't get angry at her and we shouldn't have fights because that means that I don't love her

She shouldn't have moved in with me in our apartment, we should have lived at her parents' place. They resent me because of that. They also told her that she was fully dependent on me financially for year and half because she has studied and only I have worked. When I told her to leave she said to me that by law I must take care financially of our daughter and her.

I shouldn't have told her friends I am going to test for STDs. They are angry because of that.

I'm really confused... I haven't ever imagined that someone who cheated on me would set me conditions for second chance...

She does not set the conditions, she is the one that cheated on you, YOU HAVE TO set those conditions, not her!

Anyway, are you really still planning on being with this woman? After everything she has done to you?

If so, then I don't know what else to say other then good luck on your life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation