Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
N
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
She was a very good friend of the family and my mother would've flipped out if she knew she and I were 'friends'.

How very "Mrs. Robinson"...... laugh

Glad to meet you too Mr. Kilteredskirt.....though I have to say reading this story was very ummmmmmmm..... mr eek......only because its a world I know nothing about. I've been a naive soul....

I do have to ask though, why was it you liked the steroids above all the others?

Not

K
K
Originally Posted by not2fun
I do have to ask though, why was it you liked the steroids above all the others?

Not

I think to some extent that I suffer from B.D.D. (body dysmorphic disorder). I hadn't really thought about it until the other day when I was on one of my forums and one of the guys on there posted up a pic of this girl he was dating and asked for advice on how to convince her that she didn't look fat when she was convinced she did.

We all thought she was absolutely crazy for thinking she looked fat. However, she genuinely had a very negative view of herself. So this got a discussion going on to some extent those that spend a good amount of time in the gym might just also suffer from b.d.d. because we�re never really happy and constantly criticizing the way we look even when 99% of the people around us think we�re crazy for thinking this way. For example, Arnold in his prime always thought he had really small triceps. I carry single digit bodyfat and still look in the mirror and think that, you know, I could lose here�it�s time to diet again. Think of the opposite of the girl that is Ethiopian thin and still thinks she looks fat. Some of us look in the mirror as we gain muscle and think I�m just not big enough yet. We�re gaining muscle but we see it everyday and don�t see the small changes.

Then some of us take it to the extreme and look at steroids. I mean, you get into the lifestyle enough and you almost start getting in with an �underground group�. And all you hear are the positive affects of steroids (as long as you know what you�re doing and are knowledgeable on the subject). No one advocates irresponsible usage.

I can tell you that while using steroids, I got much stronger faster than I normally would have. I gained more muscle faster than I would have. Recovery time was very little, so you could push yourself harder and be back in the gym much faster. You could go very low calorie for cutting fat while keeping all the muscle. And, unless you�ve been on cycles, one just doesn�t understand the euphoric feeling it gives. People respond to you differently�and no it�s not just in my head. It�s almost like you give off an air of confidence much more than you normally would have. It�s like feeling on top of the world, and people respond to that. It�s really hard to describe�but that�s kinda it in a nutshell.

Whether I do suffer from b.d.d. who knows? But it made for a pretty good conversation.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

N
N
Thank you for that reply.....

I asked because during H's A he also started doing the those (nothing like finding needles in his trash can when I was REALLY looking for clues on his A and OW....... faint). He quit that right after the A ended as well. Well, that was another of my "boundaries". Anyway, after reading all you wrote on the other stuff, and then saying you like the roids above all else, I asked H is opinion on doing those....he said he liked the "short-cut" to a great body, which was VERY important in "Affairland"..... MrRollieEyes

Thanks again.....

Not

K
K
You're welcome.

One thing I've come to notice is the way people react to people that do steroids. You could be a heroin user and people will say you have an addiction and need help. It's acceptable to smoke pot...because, well, everyone has done it at least once in college (just saying what most people say), you're hooked on pain killers and people understand that slipper slope and it's just not a big deal.

But you do steroids and you're one of 'those' people. You're a dirty steroid user. At any moment you're going to flip out in roid rage and kill or maim someone. You're one of those dirty needle users. I mean, geezzzz...schools can't afford text books or desks and we're spending billions investigating teh baseball steroid scandal.

The other thing is everyone has their mind up about steroids with really konwing anything about them. It's like I really disliking black people because your parents disliked black people. I mean, you don't really know why you're a racist...you just are and you're repeating some rhetoric you heard from someone else but don't even know if it's true.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

P
OP Offline
P
What Other Adverse Effects Do AAS Have on Health?

Steroid abuse can lead to serious, even irreversible health problems. Some of the most dangerous among these include liver damage; jaundice (yellowish pigmentation of skin, tissues, and body fluids); fluid retention; high blood pressure; increases in LDL (�bad� cholesterol); and decreases in HDL (�good� cholesterol). Other reported effects include renal failure, severe acne, and trembling. In addition, there are some gender- and age-specific adverse effects:

For men�shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer
For women�growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice
For adolescents�stunted growth due to premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes; risk of not reaching expected height if AAS is taken before the typical adolescent growth spurt
In addition, people who inject AAS run the added risk of contracting or transmitting HIV/AIDS or hepatitis, which causes serious damage to the liver.

Link to NIDA statement

T
T
Now I get why people compare mania to being on steroids. Now that I read that I get it. And those of us who have bipolar disorder are often addicted to their manias. That is why so many go off meds. Interesting.

K
K
Originally Posted by Pepperband
What Other Adverse Effects Do AAS Have on Health?

Steroid abuse can lead to serious, even irreversible health problems. Some of the most dangerous among these include liver damage; jaundice (yellowish pigmentation of skin, tissues, and body fluids); fluid retention; high blood pressure; increases in LDL (�bad� cholesterol); and decreases in HDL (�good� cholesterol). Other reported effects include renal failure, severe acne, and trembling. In addition, there are some gender- and age-specific adverse effects:

For men�shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer
For women�growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice
For adolescents�stunted growth due to premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes; risk of not reaching expected height if AAS is taken before the typical adolescent growth spurt
In addition, people who inject AAS run the added risk of contracting or transmitting HIV/AIDS or hepatitis, which causes serious damage to the liver.

Link to NIDA statement

Pepper, yes, some of that is true. Most of those are temporary. For example, the cholesterol issue can be combated with fish oil. And some steroids will impact cholesterol levels much more harshly than others. But this is temporary�limited to when on use. Liver enzymes do rise when using AAS but those can also be controlled using milk thistle. Liver enzymes are much more noticeably impacted with oral steroids than injected steroids and even then, a study was shown that after about 3 months liver enzymes were completely normal ( Int J Sports Medicine 1996 Aug). Fluid retention is pretty much directly related to estrogen and there are SERMs for that. Not to mention that there�s a huge difference between IM steroids and oral steroids in the way the body reacts and processes them. And anabolic steroids are going to have different effects than androgenic steroids. Another interesting phenomena is the rising of testosterone replacement therapy as they�re finding out the lowering of testosterone is leading to a lot of health issues. And they�re starting to see that they were wrong in relationship to prostate cancer. And let�s not talk about birth control being classified as a steroid and all the crap it does to mess with hormones. I don�t think a lot of women realize they�re taking steroids when they�re taking birth control pills.
I know we�re not debating�just thought I�d throw some things out there. Just a few other things�
There are so any different steroids that impact the body differently. If a man is disposed to male pattern baldness, some (namely trenbolone) can kick start this quicker than normal (DHT issues). Acne can be pretty common. However, some steroids actually combat gyno and some steroids have no impact on gyno at all. No adolescent or child should be using anabolic steroids period. No one under 25 that has not been training a minimum of five years should be touching this stuff and that hasn�t spent at least a year researching the side effects. Women should definitely stay away from anabolic steroids�some androgenics won�t cause those negative issues. I will say I have not known a single steroid user to share needles or not be extremely cautious with needles.

This reminds in a way of other information my doctor gave me like I was eating too many egg yolks (I usually eat 6-8 eggs a day) and she told me that my cholesterol was going to be dangerously high. My cholesterol levels are low. Dietary cholesterol has little to do with blood cholesterol; however, doctors and nutritionists will tell you that they are directly related when the research refutes this. I had a nutritionist professor (and again my doctor) that told me I would have renal damage due to my high protein intake (I usually eat 200-300 grams a day). Nope�liver enzymes are fine. Most of those studies done didn�t take into account that there were already renal issues going on.

I know this sounds like I�m a huge advocate of steroids. What I am an advocate of is people in their 30s and over being able to go to their family doctor and have much easier access to test treatments. There�s really no reason why I should not be able to have my GH and test levels the same as when I was in my early 20s. Go to your doctor once a week, they give ya a shot�it�s clean, safe, and legal. Blood work is constant so everything is being monitored. I mean, geez...it�s a shame that I could just go to Mexico and buy it off the shelf and inject right there. Why not just go to my doctor?

And, no, I�m not using. I�m just saying.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

P
OP Offline
P
Any former addict needs to be aware of anything that has the following words associated with it.

Addictive Potential

smile

K
K
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Any former addict needs to be aware of anything that has the following words associated with it.

Addictive Potential

smile

Oh. Absolutely. Completely agree with you.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

P
OP Offline
P
My H won't even go near non-alcoholic beer.

P
OP Offline
P
[Linked Image from rustyjug.com]

But he goes for this !!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation