Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 87 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 86 87
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by staytogether
From Wiki:

Barbecue or barbeque (common spelling variant)[1] (with abbreviations BBQ, Bar-B-Q and Bar-B-Que; and diminutive form barbie, used chiefly in Australia and New Zealand; and called Braai in South Africa) is a method and apparatus for cooking meat and various other foods, with the heat and hot smoke of a fire, smoking wood, or hot coals of charcoal, cooking gas, or even electricity; and may include application of a marinade, spice rub, or basting sauce to the meat or vegetables. The term as a noun can refer to the meat, the cooking apparatus itself, or to a party that includes such food. The term as an adjective can refer to foods cooked by this method. The term is also used as a verb for the act of cooking food in this manner. Barbecue is usually cooked in an outdoor environment heated by the smoke of wood or charcoal. Restaurant barbecue may be cooked in large brick or metal ovens specially designed for that purpose.
Barbecue has numerous regional variations in many parts of the world. Notably, in the Southern United States, practitioners consider barbecue to include only indirect methods of cooking over hardwood smoke, with the more direct methods called grilling.
In British usage, barbecuing and grilling refer to a fast cooking process directly over high heat, while grilling also refers to cooking under a source of direct, high heat�known in the U.S. and Canada as broiling. In US English usage, however, grilling refers to a fast process over high heat, while barbecuing refers to a slow process using indirect heat and/or hot smoke (very similar to some forms of roasting). For example, in a typical U.S. home grill, food is cooked on a grate directly over hot charcoal, while in a U.S. barbecue, the coals are dispersed to the sides or at significant distance from the grate. Its South American versions are the southern Brazilian churrasco and the Argentine asado.
Alternatively, an apparatus called a smoker with a separate fire box may be used. Hot smoke is drawn past the meat by convection for very slow cooking. This is essentially how barbecue is cooked in most U.S. "barbecue" restaurants, but nevertheless, many consider this to be a distinct cooking process called hot smoking.
The slower methods of cooking break down the collagen in meat and tenderize the tougher cuts for easier eating.

So there we have it. BBQ is whatever it wants to be, wherever it is - no hard and fast definition.

(vit when I was little it was spelt barbeque over here, now we seem to have gone barbecue)

foreign foolishness.. MrRollieEyes

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Maybe we should take a vote on whether Mel should really be the authority on what BBQ is or means. laugh

Not being sure about basic characteristics of Texans , I looked it up. Based on this tale I say we vote against Mel being the authority.

An Englishman had visited Texas and was telling his friends about
his trip. One fellow asked, "What most impressed you about Texans".
He replied, "Their confidence. A Texan took me duck hunting and we
sat in a blind all day and never saw a thing. Then about sundown
a lone duck flew overhead, so high you could hardly see it. When
it was directly overhead the Texan raised his shotgun and fired.
The duck kept right on flying".

Then the Texan turned to me in amazement and said, "Son, yore
witnessing a miracle. Thar flies a dead duck".
Dennis Lowe
Corpus Christi, TX

M
OP Offline
M
Dennis Lowe
Corpus Christi, TX

[/quote]

That does it!! No foreigners or yankees on dis thread! Nooo

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
It's a miracle, I tell ya...
[Linked Image from animalpicturesarchive.com]

T
T
Mel, do you think your mom could get me one of those shirts? I want to see my DH's face if I wear it to bed. HAHAHAHAHA! I'll wear that shirt in an XL and these knee-high black boots with high heels. Then my DH will go into intense therapy smile

T
T
I bought those boots while manic....so you can just imagine what they look like. DH also likes my hair to be 1980's poofy, so I'll get out the hot rollers and buy a few bump-its. And I think I still have a pageant tiara packed away.....

wait, what were we talking about?

L
L
I thought we were talking about pulling pork and ending up with a white sauce....

Now its a Hooker Reunion.

Sheesh.. where are the TOOLS!

LG

S
S
BBQ tools you mean? - the skewer often used by BBQers, the fish slice for slapping it on?

S
S
BBQ tools you mean? - the skewer often used by BBQers, the fish slice for slapping it on?
No! Carbide precision tools! You know, the ones used for turning the meat over.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Mel, do you think your mom could get me one of those shirts? I want to see my DH's face if I wear it to bed. HAHAHAHAHA! I'll wear that shirt in an XL and these knee-high black boots with high heels. Then my DH will go into intense therapy smile

no way!! You will humiliate your family like my mother does! crybaby

Exposure 101

S
S
Maybe we should take a vote on whether Mel should really be the authority on what BBQ is or means. laugh

Not being sure about basic characteristics of Texans , I looked it up. Based on this tale I say we vote against Mel being the authority.

An Englishman had visited Texas and was telling his friends about
his trip. One fellow asked, "What most impressed you about Texans".
He replied, "Their confidence. A Texan took me duck hunting and we
sat in a blind all day and never saw a thing. Then about sundown
a lone duck flew overhead, so high you could hardly see it. When
it was directly overhead the Texan raised his shotgun and fired.
The duck kept right on flying".

Dennis Lowe
Corpus Christi, TX

rotflmao OMG, I havent been on here for a few days and I missed everything on this thread.....71 posts to be exact.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Well, where the heck were you then hmmmm? See, we can have FUN without you. But there are way fewer SMILEYS. grin

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
[Linked Image from myemoticons.com] Its been soooo hoooot here that DS and his friends have been playing more inside and having sleepovers and goin to movies.....Last week he went away with his dad, so I missed him sooo much. I am so happy to have him home.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
Hey! You found my family portrait! The big one on the couch is me, the little one on the couch is my son, the one with the hat is DH, and the one he is chasing is my DD. That picture makes me look fat, though.

L
L
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
I thought we were talking about pulling pork and ending up with a white sauce....

Now its a Hooker Reunion.

Sheesh.. where are the TOOLS!

LG

The Truth about Tools

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

MECHANIC'S KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on boxes containing seats and motorcycle jackets.

ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning steel Pop rivets in their holes until you die of old age, but it also works great for drilling mounting holes in fenders just above the brake line that goes to the rear wheel.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the original sin principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Used to round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your garage on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside a brake drum you're trying to get the bearing race out of.

WHITWORTH SOCKETS: Once used for working on older British cars and motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 9/16 or 1/2 socket you've been searching for the last 15 minutes.

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your coffee across the room, splattering it against that freshly painted part you were drying.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans rust off old bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprint whorls and hard-earned guitar calluses in about the time it takes you to say, "Ouc...."

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering a motorcycle to the ground after you have installed your new front disk brake setup, trapping the jack handle firmly under the front fender.

EIGHT-FOOT LONG DOUGLAS FIR 2X4: Used for levering a motorcycle upward off a hydraulic jack.

TWEEZERS: A tool for removing wood splinters.

PHONE: Tool for calling your neighbor to see if he has another hydraulic floor jack.

SNAP-ON GASKET SCRAPER: Theoretically useful as a sandwich tool for spreading mayonnaise; used mainly for getting dog-doo off your boot.

E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool that snaps off in bolt holes and is ten times harder than any known drill bit.

TIMING LIGHT: A stroboscopic instrument for illuminating grease buildup.

TWO-TON HYDRAULIC ENGINE HOIST: A handy tool for testing the tensile strength of ground straps and brake lines you may have forgotten to disconnect.

CRAFTSMAN 1/2 x 16-INCH SCREWDRIVER: A large motor mount prying tool that inexplicably has an accurately machined screwdriver tip on the end without the handle.

BATTERY ELECTROLYTE TESTER: A handy tool for transferring sulfuric acid from a car battery to the inside of your toolbox after determining that your battery is dead as a doornail, just as you thought.

AVIATION METAL SNIPS: See hacksaw.

TROUBLE LIGHT: The mechanic's own tanning booth. Sometimes called a drop light, it is a good source of vitamin D, "the sunshine vitamin," which is not otherwise found under motorcycles at night. Health benefits aside, it's main purpose is to consume 40-watt light bulbs at about the same rate that 105-mm howitzer shells might be used during, say, the first few hours of the Battle of the Bulge. More often dark than light, its name is somewhat misleading.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the lids of old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splash oil on your shirt; can also be used, as the name implies, to round off Phillips screw heads.

AIR COMPRESSOR: A machine that takes energy produced in a coal-burning power plant 200 miles away and transforms it into compressed air that travels by hose to a Chicago Pneumatic impact wrench that grips rusty bolts last tightened 40 years ago by someone in Sindelfingen, and rounds them off.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to cut hoses 1/2 inch too short.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Bumping 'cause we have given her enough slack...

[Linked Image from cool-smileys.com]

M
M
Just lookin' in to see what's shakin'...
[Linked Image from knowledgerush.com]

M
OP Offline
M
HE KNOWS I HATE THOSE CREEPY EYESS!! dramaqueen

Exposure 101

M
M
YOU talkin' t' ME?
[Linked Image from alliancecarsales.databae.net]

M
M
All my peeps abandoned me...

Page 74 of 87 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 86 87

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 610 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation