Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
V
Coming up: Dealing with a Renter's mentality in marriage!

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
T
T
For some reason I am listening...

T
T
Does it really matter what people do with their spouse after death. Buried, cremated, really, doesn't matter. Why are some people so concerened with this, you are dead.

P
P
Originally Posted by TomOlympus
Does it really matter what people do with their spouse after death. Buried, cremated, really, doesn't matter. Why are some people so concerened with this, you are dead.

You do not need to understand why something is important to another person to respect that it is important, to THEM.

Some might have religious concerns.
Others just have a preference.

M
M
Bump - MB radio is on.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
OP Offline
M
Wow, this is a great show. He is blowing up the common stupid notion that you should lie to your spouse about adultery so you "won't hurt him." MrRollieEyes They are discussing a website where you can "confess" your affair in order to "cleanse your soul?" Lying your way to marital bliss! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I missed the first 12 minutes where he was criticizing marriage counseling so I missed the context. Did anyone hear this and can they explain the context?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Email questions coming up next!!

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
oh wow! That was interesting. A newly married woman's husband spends his time at the female neighbors house while the wife is at work. Dr H told her to SEPARATE from her H if he won't stop because the H is headed towards an affair. And he said don't have children with this guy.

The BS asked Dr H how she could "get over her jealousy." He told her the problem lies with her H, not her.

Exposure 101

M
M
The wayward husband (and I will call him a wayward because he was DATING another woman while married ... I feel sure he was doing more than just dating, too, but the DATING is not in dispute) also told her she was "being a little girl" and "insecure."

The confused and betrayed wife felt like maybe she was just brought up in different cultural standard where you didn't go have alone time with people of the opposite sex who you aren't married to, like everything was just open and innocent and wonderful and she thought she just needed to get over her hangups.

Folks, it doesn't matter what culture you are from, MARRIAGES don't do well when MARRIED people DATE others.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
V
V
Some news to share.

Joyce emailed me this earlier this week when she responded to a question I sent her:

"Just an FYI we will be ending this show next week (not enough financial support) and in about a month we will be starting a website daily radio show. It will be identical to this one. So, if you have even more questions this is the time to call."

Though I'm sad they're no longer going to be on the air, I'm glad they've decided to keep it going - and am excited about this new format.

Thought I'd pass the info along.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
M
M
I just heard a different version of the same announcement, listening to yesterday's show recording.

To me it's not really like they are ending the show; just moving to internet only. The main affect on me will be to not be able to stream from kkms.com any more.

I'm sorry guys in the Twin Cities won't get their broadcast any more, but they can still get the radio show just like we do. smile

S
S
Just a reminder that the show ends this week. Their new show starts in the fall.

If anyone is thinking about calling in but is nervous, do it! I was terrified, LOL. But they were so nice and easy to talk with. Joyce is very sweet, she even sent me a follow-up email. smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
Did anyone hear Wednesday's show? I didn't get any audio coming through the KKMS stream. And the archives page doesn't have it posted for download.

BH (Me): 33, XWW: 33
Married 1999, No kids
EA: 11/04?-10/07, PA: 05/07
D-Day: 06/07
Divorced: 04/09
Affair is over for OP but not for WS
WW wants to move away w/o me
WW moved away w/o me
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BHHFSGuy
Did anyone hear Wednesday's show? I didn't get any audio coming through the KKMS stream. And the archives page doesn't have it posted for download.

BHHS, I am listening to it right now. Do you mean yesterdays show? I got it here: http://richwith.com/mb/MB_071410.mp3

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
They have the latest 10 shows posted here: http://www.listen.mbradio.net/

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
The Wednesday, July 14th episode does not show up on that page. But thank you for the direct link to the mp3 file. I'm downloading it now.

Married 1999, No kids
WW moved away w/o me
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BHHFSGuy
The Wednesday, July 14th episode does not show up on that page. But thank you for the direct link to the mp3 file. I'm downloading it now.

bhhfs, did you hit refresh? Here is what I see on that page:

THE LATEST PROGRAMS:

Wednesday June 14th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Tuesday July 13th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Monday July 12th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Friday July 9th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Thursday July 8th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Wednesday June 7th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Tuesday July 6th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Monday July 5th RERUN from TUE JUNE 15th

Friday July 2nd 2010 LISTEN 32K

Thursday July 1st 2010 LISTEN 32K

Exposure 101

B
B
bhhfs, did you hit refresh?
Yes, I had refreshed the page, especially after I read your post, and it didn't have Wednesday's show. I have since refreshed again and it's there now. Thanks

Married 1999, No kids
WW moved away w/o me
M
M
I'm so glad this thread was posted, four years ago, in April. This show saved my marriage - so this thread saved my marriage.

Most of the info below is now incorrect, but I thought I'd bump the thread anyway just to commemorate.

I listen to Marriage Builders Radio every day on my commute. I have listened to nearly every show from the archives. The education and the motivation provided in this show is priceless.

I am so happy!! This just came out in the new newsletter:

THEY'RE BACK! Marriage Builders� Radio LIVE!

CALL IN WITH YOUR QUESTIONS!

Starting Monday, May 3rd, at 2:00pm Central Time, Marriage Builders� Radio will be live again with Dr. Bill and Joyce Harley. This means that they will be available to take your call and answer your questions.

Marriage Builders� Radio is a call-in program where Dr. Harley answers your questions about marriage. Marriage related current issues will also be talked about from Dr. Harley's insightful perspective.

Call in early to make sure that there is time to address your questions. Every caller whose question is asked on air will receive a free book by Dr. Harley.

They said today to send an email to Joyce beforehand at jharley@marriagebuilders.com and she will coordinate with you to call in. This way, they know your situation beforehand.

MARRIAGE BUILDERS� RADIO
AM980 KKMS (St. Paul, Minnesota)
MONDAY - FRIDAY
2:00PM - 3:00PM CENTRAL TIME (GMT-6)
888-332-5169 (toll-free)
651-289-4499 (local and international)

CLICK HERE to listen to the program and for more information.

Or listen here: http://www.kkms.com/

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation