Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
OP Offline
M
He has told friends that he will move back to Australia - where he grew up after moving from America when he was 12 - with his ex-wife Robyn, who still supports him.

A source close to the family said: �Oksana�s allegations have united Mel and Robyn and this move is her idea
LINK

K
K
"Ox"ana's strategic revelations in the middle of custody battle seem too "staged". I wonder what the truth is there.

But Mel's xw makes me think of what it would be like for Hope3343 if suddenly rantings about a certain plastic pig in the office went public...

Mel might be perceived as a brute by many listening to those horrible rants, but they might just be music to a betrayed wife's ears.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
M
OP Offline
M
Mel might be perceived as a brute by many listening to those horrible rants, but they might just be music to a betrayed wife's ears.

THAT is exactly what I thought when I heard them.

H
H
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
But Mel's xw makes me think of what it would be like for Hope3343 if suddenly rantings about a certain plastic pig in the office went public...

I would hire a marching band and I would lead the way down the main aisle of the plant!

BUT I would have a MB contract ready and waiting to be signed (maybe in blood) to meet a long list of conditions including a possible lobotomy (for XH not PP)

After signing there would be a "pig roast" with all my friends and supporters... rotflmao

I did see yesterday in one article that Robin (Mel's X) came to his defense saying he has never been abusive or violent and was a wonderful father to his children.

Do you think she is reading MB??

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
B
B
While I did enjoy Mel's rants I hope Robyn doesn't take him back. He is very messed up and not just because of OW.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
To get the annulment in the Catholic Church, essentially he had to argue that his marriage was never really valid.

He dishonoured Robin's many years of loyalty by doing that.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
H
Originally Posted by SugarCane
To get the annulment in the Catholic Church, essentially he had to argue that his marriage was never really valid.

We were just talking about how all through this there was never one peep from the X-mrs. mel. Nothing good, nothing bad but total dark.

I do think she would take him back. Not sure if she should.

Remembering school bus post something to the effect about you know it is over for the WS when they yell louder complaining about the OP.

If anyone knows where that is,,,this is a perfect example.

Mel and this Ox-whatever...it is the lust to dust syndrome.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane

He didn't ask for an annulment. He didn't file for D either. Robin did. They are not D yet.

S
S
Oops. I didn't realise that. I had some vague "memory" of his going for an annulment. Perhaps he just talked about asking for one?

She might well take him back then, if they are not divorced.

His affair seemed so outrageous to me because he was so vocal about his religion, but really it is no worse than the affairs on here. The OC will complicate things for the future, but I understand a BW wanting to keep her marriage intact. After all, that's what I wanted!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Q
Q
but I understand a BW wanting to keep her marriage intact. After all, that's what I wanted!
And that's all I wanted as well! And that's ok.

Who can hear Believer reminding us that A almost ALWAYS END. She was certainly right way more often than not. B, if you are reading this, I hope all is well.

Last edited by QueeniesAdventures; 07/19/10 07:32 AM.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
but I understand a BW wanting to keep her marriage intact. After all, that's what I wanted!
And that's all I wanted as well! And that's ok.
But...

But...

Not if that wanting causes the BW to take the WS back regardless of anything. Not if her love makes her fail to look at the message of the affair. If the message is that this man is unfit for marriage, that he has no regard for his own marriage, that he is looking for a comfortable place to live because his affair is over, if he is unwilling to protect his marriage...

Then no; taking him back is not "okay". There will never be long-term happiness for the BS who does that in those circumstances.

The Gibsons have been married for a very long time and have many children, but those things alone do not suggest that Mel is fit for marriage.

If he has repents breaking the commandment and sinning against God, if he regrets his affair, if he wants his wife and children back more than anything, then his wife stands a good chance of being given the happiness she deserves.

If not, then not.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Q
Q
I wouldn't disagree with what you are saying. I was just commenting on that was all I wanted my M in a place where it could recover.

But it also had to start with someone wanted the M.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
N
N
I found none of this news surprising. I even said as much to a friend when reports were first surfacing about the split/fight.

While Mr. Gibson is no poster child for sainthood, the whole thing seemed very much like a set-up from a bitter, vengeful OW.

Not

S
S
Originally Posted by not2fun
I found none of this news surprising. I even said as much to a friend when reports were first surfacing about the split/fight.

While Mr. Gibson is no poster child for sainthood, the whole thing seemed very much like a set-up from a bitter, vengeful OW.

Not
Of course it was a set up. Why else would she have recorded the conversations? We only here part of the conversation. We don't know what was said before the recording. To me she sounds too cool and the conversation sounds "choppy". I don't know if it was edited by her or someone else.

I know a lot of people talk about what a horrible person Mel is. When I heard the recordings I felt sorry for him. I would bet money he is bipolar and off his medication. I think his wife kept him stable and on his medication. At one point he decided he felt fine and didn't need his medication. Things went down hill from there and that is when he started up with the OW. I bet at the time his wife tried to explain to him he wasn't thinking clearly but it is very hard to reason with a Bipolar person when they are off their meds. It takes them hitting rock bottom to realize the ones that really love them are only trying to help.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
I
I
Here's what I see:
1. The OW is a lowlife and hopefully will get exactly what she deserves.
2. Mel is also a lowlife and has added "batterer" to his long list of sins, including adultery. And let's not sugar coat it people. Is there ANY WAY you could have been caught in a recording telling your spouse that you were coming over to burn the house down but that you were going to "blow me" before I did it? No freakin' way. Mel is off his rocker.
3. Mel is an abusive drunk, a racist, and an adulterer, and his wife is lying to cover for him. No way he never had an outburst with her in all those years if he conjured up this stuff with the OW and the cops (you haven't forgotten the anti-semite rant, have you?) He is not a fit father, husband or human at this time. He needs serious help, and the wife is an enabler if she takes him back.
JMVHO

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
N
N
Well we all know the validity of recoded phone calls in court, not to mention the various laws in states that OUTLAW this very action.

IF she were beat up as she claims.....which included two broken teeth and a concussion, then she should have Dr. records of such happenings. Let see if she can produce those......

Not

I
I
Look, the guy got caught by the police a while back, drunk as a skunk and spewing hateful language. He's abusive. We don't have to just take the skank's word for it. I'm sure he beat the OW, but she willingly put herself in that situation. The wife is enabling by covering for him here.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
M
OP Offline
M
Is there ANY WAY you could have been caught in a recording telling your spouse that you were coming over to burn the house down but that you were going to "blow me" before I did it? No freakin' way. Mel is off his rocker.

He said that to his ho, not his wife.

I think she (his GF) was Jewish, so I don't know how that fits into his being anti-semetic.

It sounded to me like Mel is a bully. And just grabbed the ugliest words he could think of and swung them at her.

Everyone knows that WS change into unrecognizable people once they enter into an A. I think it is quite possible that Mel never lifted a finger to his wife.

S
S
Originally Posted by imanotherone
Here's what I see:
1. The OW is a lowlife and hopefully will get exactly what she deserves.
I agree with this 100%. She had an agenda when she recorded the conversations.

Is there ANY WAY you could have been caught in a recording telling your spouse that you were coming over to burn the house down but that you were going to "blow me" before I did it? No freakin' way. Mel is off his rocker.
YES he is "off his rocker" because he was (is) in a manic state. Instead of recording him why didn't she call the police?
He is not a fit father, husband or human at this time. He needs serious help, and the wife is an enabler if she takes him back.
JMVHO
I am not sure if I would call his wife an enabler. She may be trying to get him to a place where he can get some help. The thing that ticks me off is he is surrounded by people that know he is mentally ill and NO ONE baker acted him? I have been around bipolar people and they don't become manic over night. There was someone very close to me that became a rager when he went off his medication and became manic. I could tell within seconds that he was off his medication. It was like he was 2 different people. When he was on his medication he was a sweetheart that would give you the shirt off his back. When he was manic you didn't want to be anywhere near him but you knew he wasn't in his right mind. It was a constant struggle for his loved ones to get him to realize he needed his medication. Sadly, after decades of dealing with his mental illness he just couldn't take it anymore and he took his own life.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
S
Originally Posted by not2fun
Well we all know the validity of recoded phone calls in court, not to mention the various laws in states that OUTLAW this very action.
This is something I have wondered from the beginning. No one in the media has mentioned if these recordings are legal. If not he could sue her, not that he would want even more bad press. She could also face criminal charges.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation