Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
N
Originally Posted by suamico
Originally Posted by not2fun
Well we all know the validity of recoded phone calls in court, not to mention the various laws in states that OUTLAW this very action.
This is something I have wondered from the beginning. No one in the media has mentioned if these recordings are legal. If not he could sue her, not that he would want even more bad press. She could also face criminal charges.

I know........... wink

OW tried this tactic with me. Told me of a recorded phone call were I told her H what I would "like" to do to her. She threatened me. I told her to go ahead and use it.....it's a federal offense in Fl. to record phone calls without consent......... grin

Stupid OW's.......... rotflmao

Not

Last edited by not2fun; 07/19/10 10:55 AM.
M
M
I think Mel has an extreme case of Renter's Remorse, and those tapes are what it sounds like.

Here's what I wonder about: He's been a sex symbol in Hollywood for nearly 30 years. Surely he knows exactly what kind of women are hanging around out there. And Ox has done this before - she also has a child, now 12, with Timothy Dalton. You gotta wonder how he could be that stupid. Being bipolar and off meds may well have something to do with it.

If Robin does take him back, I hope she sets the bar very, very high. And I hope that it was not just a case of her looking the other way all those years and *that's* why he was never abusive with her. I hope it wasn't just the case of a high-profile OC that finally made her file.

We'll see, I guess. Another cautionary tale for men who think it's all out there for free and that you can just sit on that fence forever. Even Mel Gibson finally got shoved off the fence, and none of it was free - it may well cost him his career.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
S
S
I am not here to say anything on the reconciliation because i do not think that we ever get the whole truth from any celebrity media scandal, so IMHO we can not truthfully say whether or not Mrs Gibson should try to reconcile as we do not have the whole story.

I do think though that this was "staged" by the OW. Come on if he broke two of her teeth i would think her face would be so messed up that no amount of make-up would cover it up, i could be wrong but it sure makes me wonder.......

A
A
This web article talks about Mel Gibson and bi-polar disorder:

mel gibson bipolar

Last edited by at peace; 07/19/10 12:13 PM.

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
I
I
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Is there ANY WAY you could have been caught in a recording telling your spouse that you were coming over to burn the house down but that you were going to "blow me" before I did it? No freakin' way. Mel is off his rocker.

He said that to his ho, not his wife.

I think she (his GF) was Jewish, so I don't know how that fits into his being anti-semetic.

It sounded to me like Mel is a bully. And just grabbed the ugliest words he could think of and swung them at her.

Everyone knows that WS change into unrecognizable people once they enter into an A. I think it is quite possible that Mel never lifted a finger to his wife.
So you're saying that because he wasn't married to her, he could be physically abusive to her? I mean, she's a skank, no doubt, but he beat her up and spewed venom. Also, I'm not jewish, but if I was, I'd take offense to this. You're saying because his OW was jewish and she was a skank that he can denegrate all jews? The jew thing hamppened like a year ago with some cops, not with the skank. He's trouble, no doubt.
Let's not put him on a pedestal just yet. He's earned NOTHING.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by imanotherone
So you're saying that because he wasn't married to her, he could be physically abusive to her? I mean, she's a skank, no doubt, but he beat her up and spewed venom.

Where did I say it was OK if he hit her? IF he hit her.

Also, I'm not jewish, but if I was, I'd take offense to this. You're saying because his OW was jewish and she was a skank that he can denegrate all jews? The jew thing hamppened like a year ago with some cops, not with the skank. He's trouble, no doubt.
Let's not put him on a pedestal just yet. He's earned NOTHING.

You're out of your mind w/ your other accusations.

He said some offensive crap about Jews to a JEWISH cop, who was trying to arrest Mel. When he got to the police station he said a sexist remark to a WOMAN cop, who was looking at him. Then he tried to pee on the floor.

IMO he wanted to be offending. That's what bullys do. That's why I said he was a bully. He reached for the ugliest words he could think of and swung w/ them. That's not exactly putting him on a pedestal.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by at peace
This web article talks about Mel Gibson and bi-polar disorder:

mel gibson bipolar

That's interesting, Peace.

I didn't know he suffered from this disorder.

P
P
Here's a transcript of all five recorded calls. Even if she deleted some of the conversations, it is apparent that Gibson is seriously disturbed, whether from bipolar or what, he needs to get help. He is a man unglued.

Warning! Graphic language.
Mel Gibson transcripts

Last edited by princessmeggy; 07/19/10 03:18 PM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
F
F
I thought I was the only crazy person on this planet who saw through a lot of this as typical OW agenda. I wondered if his xBW would step in to support him. I still think he has a terrible drinking problem and I would not R with him until he began a good, solid recovery from his addiction FIRST!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
What I heard in those crazy recordings was a man that was undone by his addictions (I didn't know he was bi-polar) and his sin. He is so far away from God and I can hear the desperating in his voice. His is completely uncorked in them. I also heard some of what I heard in my own's H's voice when he was so, so desperate to end his A and find his way back.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
N
N
Well, some of that looked like a few of the emails exchanged between H and OW near the end of the A. Probably sounded like a few of their phone calls as well......how very "by-the-wayward-script"....... MrRollieEyes

Not

P
P
I agree... he was a raving lunatic. He still needs help. My H sounded pretty much the same there at the end minus the awful name calling... (yuck!) and he had to get help too.

I wonder if BW is reading all this and getting just a tiny bit of satisfaction that their "love affair" is crashing and burning.

The whole thing is sad.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
Sure sounds like bliss doesn't it? Yep, soulmates they are....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
L
L
Just read the transcripts...

Seems like a lot of the arguments are about who gave more love, money, appreciation. They're both nuts.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
C
C
Mel seemed to be more worried about how many bj's he was getting or not getting. puke

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
L
L
I was trying to be polite wink

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
H
H
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Mel seemed to be more worried about how many bj's he was getting or not getting. puke

Guess they don't sound like soulmates now. Excuse me I need to go back and listen how many times he says BJ rotflmao

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
Wow, he has lost it. What a mess. Everything screams lunatic in those transcripts. An angry child ranting and lashing out.

So what is missing from him that makes him so wacked? I suspect Robyn kept him under control for a long time because he leaned on her. I remember him commenting on his wife a long time ago, he said "She is amazing, I don't know how she does it, and those kids keep popping out of her"

Not the most wellrounded complimentary line for your wife I wouldn't think.

Well if he knows what is good for him he will let someone put a collar on him and shut up because he is out of control now if there is even some truth about these transcripts.

How the mighty have fallen. I have allways liked Mel as an actor, he seems to express emotion honestly in his roles, like he was really feeling it at the time.

Perhaps he was, because he has no emotional stability, and no reigns on himself it seems, he is like a child who plays make believe and gets away with everything, but what do I know?

I would hate becoming so famous that everybody let me get away with that crap. Its to bad, he was everybodys darling for years, and the powers that be made money on his fame, now that he is sick, they are still making money and the fame has screwed him up so much, and nobody wants to or can bring him back to earth.

I am so glad I am not famous and went the way of Mel, or Micheal Jackson, or OJ, or countless others who wear a mask and appear to be more than they are, just human

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
Was driving this morning and remembered what this reminded me of, Burt Reynolds.

Remember how the boyish rapscallion heartthrob, after Loni Anderson revealed his dark side, fell from grace?

M
M
Originally Posted by imanotherone
3. Mel is an abusive drunk, a racist, and an adulterer, and his wife is lying to cover for him. No way he never had an outburst with her in all those years if he conjured up this stuff with the OW and the cops (you haven't forgotten the anti-semite rant, have you?) He is not a fit father, husband or human at this time. He needs serious help, and the wife is an enabler if she takes him back.

I think the guy is nuts for sure, but his behavior with the OW makes perfect sense when you look at it in the context of buyers, renters, freeloaders. An affair is a renter or a freeloader relationship. They engage in sacrifice and people who do that KEEP SCORE. When the score is not kept even, they resort to abusive tactics to even the score. The vast majority of domestic assault, for example, happens in relationships that are or were shack ups.

So, a guy who "sacrificed" his family, etc, etc, for his adultery is going to feel he is owed MUCH, leading to much abuse when that score is not even.

That is what i see happening here. And I don't know if he was abusive in his marriage or not, but it would make sense that someone would be abusive in an affair [tenuous, renters relationship] and not in a marriage. [buyers relationship]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 914 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation