Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Today's POT ......

I went to lunch yesterday with my book group girls.
We were celebrating the 37th sobriety B-Day of one of the "girls".
( note: the majority of book group are AA ... there is one other " normie " besides myself )

We discussed life in general.
One topic was that our house is on the market one week this Sunday.

It was suggested that I buy a small statue of St Joseph and bury him upside down in the front yard.
I had my iPad with me at the time. I googled "bury St Joseph" ... And, whatdoyaknow ?
There are web sites specializing in kits to bury St Joseph!

When I told "my girls" I was probably not going to do this .... They threatened to bury one for me.

I just love my girls !
kiss

T
T
I just noticed that Pointless Other Things when you abbreviate it spells pot....Did you do that on purpose? Are you growing special plants in your back yard? smile

P
OP Offline
P
What do you think?
wink

T
T
I think I didn't get enough sleep last night.

And I think you should get the St. Joseph kit, even though I have no idea what it is supposed to do.

N
N
do it pep---it works. i think you have to bury him upside-down though. lol

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
F
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
there is one other " normie " besides myself
Pep, you are if anything, not a "normie!"

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by nikko
do it pep---it works. i think you have to bury him upside-down though. lol

Yes. It came up in conversation and on the web that poor St Joseph should be buried feet up.

Oh my!

N
N
my husband "panicked" when we were selling our first house....he was told to do this. had NO clue where to get a st joseph statue so he "borrowed"(without permission) his mothers joseph from her nativity that she had all her life! well the house sold quick...and of course he forgot poor st joseph.....we had to go back in the middle of the night to retrieve the poor thing!!!

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
P
OP Offline
P
my husband "panicked" when we were selling our first house....he was told to do this. had NO clue where to get a st joseph statue so he "borrowed"(without permission) his mothers joseph from her nativity that she had all her life! well the house sold quick...and of course he forgot poor st joseph.....we had to go back in the middle of the night to retrieve the poor thing!!!
rotflmao

A
A

laugh too funny, lol

I hope your house sells quickly, Pep! We put ours up for sale in May, assuming it would be weeks, if not a month or more on the market. It sold in a week. YIKES!

Last edited by at peace; 07/26/10 11:06 AM.

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by at peace
I hope your house sells quickly, Pep! We put ours up for sale in May, assuming it would be weeks, if not a month or more on the market. It sold in a week. YIKES!

Congratulations!
H and I are blessed to have a ton of equity.
Which means, we have been able to price our home lower than the other comparable homes in our neighborhood.

I will be going to the Catholic store later today to purchase a statue.

It's funny, when I told my H this he said his family in Texas always buried a saint in the yard.

Heck, I painted the front door RED to garner some feng shui mojo.
Well, not really.
I just thought the red door was pretty.
It is.

P
OP Offline
P
Today's POT .....

Moroccan hair oil.
Love it.
Do not care about the cost.
BESTEST HAIR PRODUCT EV-EH!

A
A
I'd never heard of burying a St. Joseph's statue for a quick sale. That's one of those "hey, it couldn't hurt to try it" things, I think. wink

I'm looking up Moroccan hair oil as we speak. Considering I have the worst hair ev-ah, that, too, would fall under the "couldn't hurt" category. smile

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
B
B
Sounds like silly yankee foolishness to me..

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation