Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2414332 08/06/10 03:54 PM
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Has anyone been on Clonazepam?

Just curious what other ppls experience has been with this med, doc just put me on it.

Thanks,
Jason

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

IA & PA 2003/2004. (while I was deployed and brought the bast*** around my boy)

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
unseen2 #2414337 08/06/10 04:18 PM
T
T
Klonopin side effects

Klonopin is a benzodiazepine. You need to be medically supervised while you are on this drug, as you can build up a tolerance to it, become dependent on it, and have withdrawal if you quit abruptly. So, it obviously should be used temporarily, but hopefully it will at least get you past the crisis point.

tl

unseen2 #2414429 08/06/10 10:54 PM
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
The addictive potential was one of the reasons I was wary of tking it. Hopfully won't be on it too long

At this point though I cannot function without something

Thanks,
Jason

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
unseen2 #2414437 08/06/10 11:39 PM
T
T
Maybe Pep can weigh in here. Her nursing experience is closer to your question. I did decades of labor and delivery--not exactly the kind of expertise you're looking for right now. I'm assuming you were started out on a lower dose. It might have to be increased to be effective. However, once you get to an effective level, if you start to find that this dose is no longer sufficient for you, that would be when you'd start asking some very straight questions about developing a dependency. I think it's a dependency rather than an actual addiction; that may seem like a distinction without a difference, but they're really not the same.

tl

U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
I understand,

My take on it is that

Depenancy is a physiological condition whereas addiction has a strong psychological component.

To date I have been good with these issues. I have been taking lortabs for several yrs. I have no addiction issues, but I'm sure there is a psysiological dependancy at this point.

I can hope that I will deal with this in a similar manner

Thanks,
Jason

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

unseen2 #2414490 08/07/10 09:03 AM
T
T
I took clozenapam for 2 years (I have bipolar disorder). I had a bit of a hard time coming off for about a week (some trouble sleeping and a headache). At the time it was prescribed, it was definitely needed. I think one key is to stay on as low a dose s possible. I went from 1 down to .5 and then quit.

U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
had really rough day yester day, the meds took edge off. still spend an our just crying. It was funny though my buddie's little boy in and told me "You need Dr... Fix your head" then touched my forhead.

Hes 4 yo, guess these kids see more that we give them credit for.

Jason

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

unseen2 #2414519 08/07/10 11:35 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by unseen2
I understand,

My take on it is that

Depenancy is a physiological condition whereas addiction has a strong psychological component.

To date I have been good with these issues. I have been taking lortabs for several yrs. I have no addiction issues, but I'm sure there is a psysiological dependancy at this point.

??? I don't think Lortabs are meant to be taken for "several years"...are they?

My daughter is a detox nurse...I am sure that if someone had put these two phrases together and said them to her while in-processing them... she would have snorted.

committed

U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Chronic back pain (old injury). Went through all the non narc stuff first, just stopped working.

I take it prn and sometimes I go several days without, just depend on pain lvl. Only other option would be surgury with no garuntee that it would work...I'll pass

At this point I am so used to the pain I can ignore it most of the time anyway.

Jason

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation