Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
I sure hope this is not a Troll, but my husband's first thought was a troll as well.

Missmywife, if this is true I am sure this would be on the national news, so please link the story so we know that this is true.

If you wont link the news then we all know that this is fake.

S
S
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
I sure hope this is not a Troll, but my husband's first thought was a troll as well.

Missmywife, if this is true I am sure this would be on the national news, so please link the story so we know that this is true.

I know we aren't suppose to call out suspected trolls...but I thought the subject line was weird. Wouldn't you say, 'my wife's son did such and so'?' And prostituted? No where in there does he mention money being paid....and I also don't believe she would be forced to watch the videos....ANd I don't believe a co-worker would ask for a 'turn' at his wife...all sounds too weird. I hope it is a fake story.

V
V

My troll-o-meter is also pinging. However, this is an anonymous forum. I don't think - if this is real- he should be forced to reveal himself. Operating under the assumption that this IS real - it would only compound his hurt and remove an avenue of support.

As for being prostituted - the son did allow the neighborhood to participate - while money may not have exchanged hands per say - I doesn't seem strange for the OP to use that term.

I, too, hope it is fake. But stranger things have happened. There is no harm in providing MB advice - it may help at least a lurker dealing with an abuse of his/her own spouse.

MMW, has your wife had a full STD screening?

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
T
T

No one in MB is ever obligated to "prove" themselves to complete strangers by providing to the board personal, identifying information about themselves. People can make of that refusal what they will, but there's still no duty on the part of any poster here to satisfy suspicious others with "proof." I'm not judging whether this story is true or not. How would I know? But he sure as hell doesn't need to tell us all how to find the news stories, see the names and locations, just to set people's doubts to rest!

tl

M
OP Offline
M
deleted

Last edited by missmywife; 08/14/10 02:07 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
deleted

Last edited by missmywife; 08/14/10 02:08 PM.
H
H
Talk to a cop I know, read the story to him, he found so many things that do not add up. The list was quite long. He actually works in sexual assault division. I know a lot of cops so picked the one who would know more.

Here are some of his concerns. There would be NO lawyers filing anything. The DA or SA would be handling all filings. No one gets an attorney before the defendants have been prosecuted, because you need to wait until all the evidence is in (during the trial) then a lawyer could file for civil damages.

In most PD's the victim is not made to watch the whole video (they treat things like this with more tact than they used to)and they way they handle it is to take photos off the video and allow the victim to ID if she knew them. He did point out that this is highly unlikely, but with everything there is a slight chance of it happening, very slight.

U-Tube does NOT allow these types of videos to be posted, no way no how.

I could go on, but sadly this is not adding up. His final words to me was that it was either the greatest s*** storm to have ever happened or the greatest lie ever told.

He had other things that bothered him, but those were the main things.

Just thought I would add that in. Isn't there an attorney on this site that could chime in on that part.

HalfUnit
Me-BS-50
H-WS-46
M
OP Offline
M
deleted

Last edited by missmywife; 08/14/10 02:08 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by thndrnltng

No one in MB is ever obligated to "prove" themselves to complete strangers by providing to the board personal, identifying information about themselves. People can make of that refusal what they will, but there's still no duty on the part of any poster here to satisfy suspicious others with "proof." I'm not judging whether this story is true or not. How would I know? But he sure as hell doesn't need to tell us all how to find the news stories, see the names and locations, just to set people's doubts to rest!

tl

TY for clarifying this for I did not know, maybe in the back of my head I was hoping this was not true, it just breaks my heart into pieces! I have two boy's and I CAN NOT IMAGINE one of them doing that to me.

As for misssmywife, if you are truly here for help and hope I advise you to stay on MB, yes people might speculate, yes they might judge, but you can always put those people on ignore, heck if I made you mad you can always put me on ignore. MB web site WILL HELP your situation as long as you are following the principles.

Have you talked to your wife about getting on and getting help? Maybe if she can read some of the other rape victims stories it can help her? I know she is seeing a councilor twice a week, but it might be good for her to have something that is close by and she can get on and get help right then and there.

A
A
I put together all his posts, emailed it to my uncle who was the DA of a large California county for almost 20 years and he dismissed it out of hand. He said the poster is clearly not familiar with the criminal justice system, and he agreed that the fixation on the sexual / humiliation details was telling.

Among other things he said, a civil suit would typically not be started during a criminal investigation and pending criminal charges. I thought the same thing earlier.

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
W
W
I find it completely odd that no one is able or willing to help. Family? No help. Friends? No Help. Neighbors? One Helper. Coworkers? No Help. Police? Unable. Judicial system? Unable. Counselors? Unable. Way too much incompetance from people who know you are not anonymous.

Incest is a big no no in this country, and groups of people will jump at this type of opportunity to help out.

Too many exaggerations not pertaining to the story such as breaking a co workers nose. In many companies there would be suspension or some type of punishment for this type of behaviour. The availability of this type of video on you tube is not allowed. The amount of people in the workplace seeing the video is impossible without knowlege and links to where it is, and it would be stopped by any type of respectable supervisor. the police forcing her to watch all videos is wrong, they may use a still of a face, but entire videos? I have heard of witnesses on the stand who have to describe entire accounts, but not for identification purposes.

Lack of responsibility to the son, his friends, or friends fathers. Everything is pending here. Most times stuff of this magnitude gets moved through fast, 2-3 months and everything is determined especially with evidence.

I think it is a troll, and I just can't feed it. My wife can, but this is my choice.

H
H
I have been reading this thread and want to believe the poster was real because who would make this stuff up.

After reading through the first 3 posts, I googled it many different ways thinking a story this lascivious would be on AP news. Came up with NOTHING.

Poster did say stepson was arrested and a case like this would hit the news immediately.

Also he mentioned that his wife was in counseling and he could not afford to go into therapy also.

In rape cases there are many free counseling services that will also include the family.

If this is true, I apologize for my suspicious mind. But it upsets me that there are MBers baring their souls here and don't want this to be a mockery.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
P
P
I agree.

For instance, ONE of the things that made me question the validity of such a story is that his insomniac wife was taking "a generic form of valium" to help her sleep. I'm sorry, but if she was taking this as a sleep aid, it would not knock her out to the point where she would sleep completely through an assault like this and wake up the next morning not feeling ANY of the effects. Sorry if this is a little graphic, but a woman would KNOW the next morning if she had been raped by multiple people on multiple occasions and a quick swipe of a wash cloth wouldn't erase that.

That's just ONE issue, never mind the legal issues, where the story completely derails.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
W
W
The reason I'm not buying it? He said his wife takes Valium. My grandmother had a Valium prescription once. I, being a stupid teenager, decided to steal the pills and share them with my then-boyfriend. I took 3 of them in order to get "high." I was 13 at the time and weighed all of 90 lbs. I was tripping afterwards, to be sure, and I was pretty out of it for the entire day. However, I wasn't THAT out of it. I wasn't unconscious and I still remember everything that happened and everything I did. I certainly wasn't so far gone that something like this could have happened and I wouldn't have realized it.

Either he's a troll and making this up, or his wife was on enough Valium (every night?) to take out an elephant. I don't know any doctor that would prescribe someone enough Valium to knock them out to this degree. It's just not THAT strong of a drug to where normal prescription dosages would have this sort of affect.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
C
C
such as breaking a co workers nose.

This is assault. A police matter.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
T
T
So much dogmatism in such a short time. What life must be like to go through it with such confidence in one's own knowledge and insight! Well, I wouldn't know. However, I will say (as a nurse--and on the subject of drugs) that different people react to medication in different ways, and a dose that has a mild (or even non-existent) effect on one person, can throw another person for a loop. In my many years of labor and delivery, I have seen 2 laboring women so profoundly affected by a single dose of Stadol that they went into respiratory arrest and required resuscitation. I've also had people accuse me of giving them nothing but sterile water, when I gave them the same dose as was given to the people who quit breathing. You cannot extrapolate all drug reactions by your drug reaction.

tl

P
P
Yes but from what he said, this happened on more than one occasion with many different partners. Really? A person could sleep through this kind of thing time after time while using Valium as a sleep aid? An insomniac? Really? I think it would have to throw them for more than a loop, more like put them in a coma.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
A
thndrnltng,

Thanks for the insight on drug reactions. As a layman, I concur, and as someone who is prescribed diazepam (Valium), I can attest that it doesn't make me sleepy in the slightest, but will knock my girlfriend out pretty good.

However, as to your sarcastic preamble:
There are a lot of sociopaths, trolls, and weirdos in life and ESPECIALLY on the anonymous internet. They prey on the good nature of others and the hesitance of most decent people to speak up when something sounds fishy because they can't believe someone would be that cold or heartless to make it up. Stopping sociopathic behavior REQUIRES somebody to speak up, and others to corroborate that their "gut feelings" were tripped too. A great book on this subject is "The Sociopath Next Door", which puts the number of sociopaths in American society at 1 in 4, and advises what I just described to combat it as "normal" people. A case like this makes it hard for the first person to speak up and call BS on the off chance that they would be hurting someone else's feelings.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Peter

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
W
W
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Yes but from what he said, this happened on more than one occasion with many different partners. Really? A person could sleep through this kind of thing time after time while using Valium as a sleep aid? An insomniac? Really? I think it would have to throw them for more than a loop, more like put them in a coma.

Yeah, I think a coma would be about the only thing that could make a person sleep through all of that.

If she had such a strong reaction to the Valium that it completely knocked her out and put her in a comatose-like state, I doubt any sane doctor would have kept her on it. Sleep aids aren't meant to have that sort of affect.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
H
H
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
So much dogmatism in such a short time. What life must be like to go through it with such confidence in one's own knowledge and insight! Well, I wouldn't know. However, I will say (as a nurse--and on the subject of drugs) that different people react to medication in different ways, and a dose that has a mild (or even non-existent) effect on one person, can throw another person for a loop. In my many years of labor and delivery, I have seen 2 laboring women so profoundly affected by a single dose of Stadol that they went into respiratory arrest and required resuscitation. I've also had people accuse me of giving them nothing but sterile water, when I gave them the same dose as was given to the people who quit breathing. You cannot extrapolate all drug reactions by your drug reaction.

tl

It has nothing to do with do with dogmatism, I have said if this story was true I apologize. It just does not add up.

Why would he post on an adultery thread when it is rape. There are many online support groups for rape victims and their families. Why chose marriage builders affair thread?

Willing to help anyone who comes on this board.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation