Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
S
S
No need to apologize...it gave me a good laugh...and spit take! You only get so many of those in your life

[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
H
H
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
What I was thinking is that I am HE IS coming out of my HIS OWN A hole, slowly but surely

I would love to see him do that trick. Is that another analogy for coming "out of the fog" Nooo

Make that 2 coffees with a shot of expresso. This place kills me.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
Originally Posted by Bugsmom
..Then there are the men that have the need to be the Knight in Shining Armor. Instead of finding ways to keep that role in the lives of their wives, they continue to look for it from woman after woman after woman.

I agree there are likely some men out there that do not see the danger, but many are like my Drac that go out LOOKING for it.

yeah but how many men realize that its just there ego talking and they are making whatever problems worse when they refuse to deal with them. Then that relationship no matter WHERE it goes is majorly screwed up. It can only end in the pit they dug for themselves. Boo-Hoo, misery loves company.

Now he must man-up and appoligize for his DJing his wife and/or her husband or they go deeper and it turns into a negative charged escape affair. In both cases its a screwwed up relationship that will leave them lacking in friendship or trust, even if they come to thier senses.

S
S
Originally Posted by hope3343
What I was thinking is that I am HE IS coming out of my HIS OWN A hole, slowly but surely

I would love to see him do that trick. Is that another analogy for coming "out of the fog" Nooo

I think you are right...I like that analogy... smile

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C

Ok buddy, reach down between your legs...grab your ears.. and pull your head outta your ..

F
F
OMGosh stilly, I am rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
grin I love the sound of MB laughter...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
B
Then there are the men that have the need to be the Knight in Shining Armor. Instead of finding ways to keep that role in the lives of their wives, they continue to look for it from woman after woman after woman.

I agree this is a pretty basic need for men to be the knight and the hero and as you rightly point out, the trick is to make sure you do that with your wife not some other skanky woman.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
H
H
Originally Posted by hope3343

I think you are right...I like that analogy... smile
hurray hurray blush hurray

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Then there are the men that have the need to be the Knight in Shining Armor. Instead of finding ways to keep that role in the lives of their wives, they continue to look for it from woman after woman after woman.

I agree this is a pretty basic need for men to be the knight and the hero and as you rightly point out, the trick is to make sure you do that with your wife not some other skanky woman.

BK i agree with you whole heartedly.

However a lot of the husbands that i know do both. They help out their wives but they also practically kill themselves to be the first one to open the door for some "hot chick".

The women who play this DiD card know exactly what to do, heck we women who do not play the DiD card can whip it out if necessary and MOST men will fall for it EVERY single time.

This is infuriating to me, it bothers me about both genders.

As you may be able to tell this is a touchy issue with me

C
C
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
..However a lot of the husbands that i know do both. They help out their wives but they also practically kill themselves to be the first one to open the door for some "hot chick".

The women who play this DiD card know exactly what to do, heck we women who do not play the DiD card can whip it out if necessary and MOST men will fall for it EVERY single time.

Its allways a touchy subject and can definatly be hard to handle. When I had a bussiness my wife would be so infuriated when a women would play the DiD card with me. I also made it a point to laugh at it and talked to her about it, even to the point of rolling my eyes privatly when they pulled it in front of her. Did it feel a little flattering and did I like being able to help? Of course it did, but I also would get angry inside when I found out they just wanted attention and were playing dumb, what an insult to me, and to my wife.

What do you do then when a Did really beleives this is appropiate and really needs help. Ok, they are simpletons in this area, and taught it was the thing to do, and really need help with something. I allways took it with a grain of salt, and talked about how great my wife and family was so they knew what I was about and kept it all business even when it was charity from the church or they started talking about personal stuff.

But what is a guy to do if "some poor thing" really needs help. lol They all do.

V
V
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
What do you do then when a Did really beleives this is appropiate and really needs help. Ok, they are simpletons in this area, and taught it was the thing to do, and really need help with something. I allways took it with a grain of salt, and talked about how great my wife and family was so they knew what I was about and kept it all business even when it was charity from the church or they started talking about personal stuff.

But what is a guy to do if "some poor thing" really needs help. lol They all do.

Don't have a lot to contribute, but just wanted to throw in a funny story...this was told by a woman on another board I frequent:

Funny story. Driving to work, come across a car on the side of the road, I slow down to see if they need anything.
It was a woman, she had a flat tire. It was kinda raining and we were out of cell phone range.
I ask her if she has a spare and a jack. She looks at me a little confused. I then say, "Do you want me to help you change your tire."
Still has the deer in the headlights look. She then says, "We'll wouldn't it be better to wait for a guy to stop?"
I had to chuckle a little bit. I then said "Is that what you want to do?" She looked around and then said, "Yeah I think so."
Said "okay," rolled my window up and went on my way

A person who REALLY needs help will take it from whoever offers, regardless of gender.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
S
S
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
A person who REALLY needs help will take it from whoever offers, regardless of gender.

Totally agree!!!!!

I have changed my own flat tire at least twice that i can think of and just a couple of months ago when my daughter wrecked my car (just a little damage and she was fine) she had a flat tire and her and i changed it so she could drive the car home.

S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
..However a lot of the husbands that i know do both. They help out their wives but they also practically kill themselves to be the first one to open the door for some "hot chick".

Its allways a touchy subject and can definatly be hard to handle. When I had a bussiness my wife would be so infuriated when a women would play the DiD card with me. I also made it a point to laugh at it and talked to her about it, even to the point of rolling my eyes privatly when they pulled it in front of her. Did it feel a little flattering and did I like being able to help? Of course it did, but I also would get angry inside when I found out they just wanted attention and were playing dumb, what an insult to me, and to my wife.

If someone really needs help they simply ask for it, they do not use the DiD card unless they ONLY want help from a MAN, as i said we women can spot it a mile away and we are not stupid we know that the men know when a women is doing this as well so why do you pretend you do not know....... (not you CP just men in general)

This is a perfect example, there was a woman who used to come to the baseball games since her son and our son played on the same team. She would flirt terribly with my h, she would say things like "it is so hot out here i am going to have to wring out my underwear" or "man i need a towel for the sweat in my cleavage", she would bend over in front of him, one time she poured a glass of water down his back and said "now there isn't that better", i mean she was pushing it hard for sure.

Now mind you my h would just laugh at her or say something back to her that was funny, it used to bother me alot and i would tell him that she was coming on to him big time and he would always say that she was "just friendly" and "she is married" or something similar.

Well a few years ago i over heard him talking to a friend of his about this woman and he told his friend that "man oh man she would flirt with me BAD" so even though i suspected he knew when it was happening that she was flirting and he was loving the attention, when i heard him say this then i KNEW for sure that he knew the entire time.

So IMHO men do indeed know when the DiD card is being played........

P
P
Most of you know, my H attends AA, a LOT.
Daily, if possible.

There has been plenty of DiD's in AA.
I mean, they are soooooooo SAD, and soooooooo MISUNDERSTOOD by their family/friends/spouse/lover/co workers/employer/children/neighbor/pets
(well, maybe not their pets so much grin )

My H will tell any female wanting to discuss her issues with him outside of meetings ... "Here is Sally's number. Sally can help you. She has over 30 years."

Gawd, I just love that Sally. dance2

When a DiD suddenly needs a RIDE to/from a meeting ... H simply says : "I don't give rides to women without discussing it with my wife first."

And, GM, if you are reading along .... the DiD does NOT get any sort of "I like you very much" or a "I wish I could give you a ride" prior to a refusal to rescue her by giving a lift.

S
S
Hey SC!

When I read about your FWH's behavior, it makes me wanna puke

Is he still like this? Does he STILL allow these advances in front of you, much less when you are not around?

The DiD is one thing, but disrespecting your wife...that's just poppycock!

C
C
Originally Posted by Vibrissa

Lol , Its sounds like so many people act. I am sure you realize she might have thought she were not capable, or is something went wrong, her husband might give her a hard time for letting a woman mess with the car.

One of my experiences with that type of thinking was when I repaired autos out of the back of my truck. I was completely A.S.E.,(for what thats worth, ask any real mechanic) certified + other special certs, had a stellar reputation, and unlike so many mechanics honest to a fault.

They would trust in a shop with shiny toolboxes and believe in stuff like "brakes forever" or whatever ploy they pulled the suckers in with.

FYI the idea was once you had brakes done you would get new pads or shoes at no charge for the life of your car. Well pads cost them like $4 each cuz they bought in bulk so it really didn't cost them that much. What would happen was the other parts of the system would wear out,( naturally), and they would charge thru the nose or at least find SOMETHING to repair that cost you parts and labor every time you came back. I don't want to say they FOUND things that were really not broke, but it happens.

The real issue was you were looking for a deal, and they could get your money in small doses instaed of all at once. Even if doing all the repairs at first was done, many times they found something else every time.

Try to tell somebody that they are wrong about the way things look and are being taken when the price is more than they want to pay, they think your lieing and trying to take them, but they believe in free.

So the lady out there is a product of both what she thinks,(that only men can change a tire), or a society that teaches that. Maybe she was hoping for a date with a guy, lol

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
(well, maybe not their pets so much grin )
rotflmao Love your sense of humor pep.

Hats off to your H too

S
S
OMG Pep, you reminded me of something. My WH stopped one time to give a young girl a ride somewhere. He actually picked her up on the side of the road because it was raining. I was not with him. He came home and told me. He said, "It was raining. She was in a bad area(He is from a small town, there aren't any bad areas in my city grin ). It was late and I didn't want anything bad to happen to her." I asked, "Where was she going?" He said, "She was going to the bus station to go out to another city to go to a bar with her friends." I looked at him and said, "That girl didn't NEED to go to a bar. She didn't NEED to be out in the rain. Seriously, what were you thinking?"

His excuse? He didn't want to hear in the paper the next day that something had happened to this girl. He would have felt bad. Well, I could see that, it's definitely something that was a MAJOR warning for boundary issues with my WH.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 820 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation