Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2419869 08/23/10 01:30 PM
R
ryanv Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Orignal Thread

Ok new issue, my WW calls me and begs me to meet her at a gas station because she is out of smokes and gas. Like a idiot I allow myself to be used put 20 bux in her tank and buy her a pack of smokes. Nothing new about me caving in like a fool. The new part comes here. On the way there my son is screaming about not wanting to goto his mom's (thats not new) I calmly explain to him he is not going to his mom's we just have to put gas in her car so she can go to her house and that him and I are going home. He calms down. While at the gas station my wife tells me she has milk in her fridge that is going to go bad so if I want it for our son to save me a few bucks follow her to her place to get it. On the way there My son begins to tell me about why he does not like it at his mom's. He tells me the lack of TV channels and not being played with, all stuff I already knew. The new info came in "But one thing I like at mommies house is that I get to play on the computer a lot. Mommy takes her pill after work and goes and lays down, Its ok though becuase they are not the dangrous kind." I asked him how often that happens and he says back with a attidude "Umm like everyday!" Like I was a idiot for not knowing that's just what mommie does. I havent said a word to WW about it. Just getting him in to see our counseler to see if he says it agian. I dont feel like I can fight for my marraige anymore, Who The *uC& is this person! This is not the women I married. Either I can fight for my kids saftey or for our marriage. I just dont see how I can do both. I must let the counselor know and once I do that the repercussions will create a sisutation that is untenable for our marriage to survive. But I uess whats left? Is she going to move out? Is she going to start having an Affiar? Will she Take all our stuff and leave me with nothing but bills? Will she start ignoring our children? Oh wait she has already done those things! Who the hell is this woman!

Last edited by ryanv; 08/23/10 02:02 PM.

WW - 33 years old
2 kids 7 and 9
Me 29
Wife Left June 19th 2010
D-Day June 23rd 2010
R Begins - 10/20/10
Praying Until It hurts
S
S
Start protecting your child, that should be your next plan, forget about your wife, file for a divorce and try to get full custody, WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING your son say's to you, and talk to a lawyer.

P
P
Get a voice recording of your child explaining what goes on at Mommy's house.
You can do this with a video camera, or even on your smart phone if it has the video recording option.

W
W
Are you suspecting that she has a drug problem (prescription or otherwise) based on your kids testimony?

This is something that should be looked into. I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but if she is incapable of looking after your kid after she takes a pill, then there is some cause for concern.

P
P
Ryan, I wouldn't jump to conclusions either. Kids do exaggerate. I definitely find out though exactly what this pill is and how often she takes it. "Everyday!" may mean once a week to a kid.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Oh, and you really should stick to one thread, it so much easier to look at your history and kinda get an idea where you are in your journey. It's a hassle to have to go digging through numerous threads to get the whole story. KWIM?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
And it might be a daily Tylenol, or something else benign.

R
ryanv Offline OP
OP Offline
R
i will keep in mind sticking to the same thread. Sorry. I know what pills she is refering to. She is perscribed bospar to take twice a day and ativan as needed for axeity. When she mixes the two she has trouble staying awake. She has told me this. She says she knows she cant take both and smoke pot when my son is there or she will be completly out no questions asked. Everyday while he is there would not surprize me as she seems to have trouble looking at him right now. Plus I do understand she has a lot of axsitey because of all she has done to her self, but I never thought she would be leaving my son for all intents and purposes alone in that place. The apartment complex although in a good town is rather rough. I have a appointment for him thursday night with mine and WW counseler to get her opinion. there is no doubt the care and saftey of my children comes before my marriage.

WW - 33 years old
2 kids 7 and 9
Me 29
Wife Left June 19th 2010
D-Day June 23rd 2010
R Begins - 10/20/10
Praying Until It hurts
R
ryanv Offline OP
OP Offline
R
also what is KWIM? dident see that on the acronyms list

WW - 33 years old
2 kids 7 and 9
Me 29
Wife Left June 19th 2010
D-Day June 23rd 2010
R Begins - 10/20/10
Praying Until It hurts
H
H
kwim = know what i mean

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation